It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what IS safe to drink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have been reading this section of ATS a lot lately and was surprised to see how bad splenda is for you, and soda (we call it pop here in PA) in general.

I understand that tons of sugar is bad for you, but in small portions its not a big deal right?

Here is what I drink on a normal day.

1 cup of coffee (one tablespoon of sugar)
1 gatorade (is gatorade ok?)
3-4 glasses of water
1 glass of milk
8oz of grape juice
8oz of OJ

Also is fresh brewed Iced Tea ok to drink

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Everything is contaminated.
Nothing is really safe to eat or drink anymore.

As for the topic of sugar...

I don't know how much Gatorade you are consuming but Gatorade contains about 14 grams(2.95 teaspoons) of sugar in a 240-milliliter serving.
Compared to a can of Coke that has 39 grams(8.219 teaspoons) of sugar.

It doesn’t look like your drink consumption is bad at all. It's better than most peoples drinking habits I'm sure. The only thing I would change is switching coffee for green tea.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yea it really does seem like everything that tastes good these days is contaminated or has some 9 syllable chemical in it.

Ok thanks,

Is fresh brewed iced tea okay to drink? And of course every now and again i enjoy a soda
But i certainly do not make it a habit. Also I know Gatorade has a good bit of sugar in it, but it has a lot of good vitamins and electrolytes in it. Just curious if anything in it is REALLY bad for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ice tea means different things for different regions. It would be best for you to find out how you would be making this fresh brewed ice tea.

I would say that if you have to add sugar to it then it isn't any good for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Everything is contaminated.
Nothing is really safe to eat or drink anymore.

As for the topic of sugar...

Well said. We pump so much bad stuff into our bodies now...even the healthy stuff is bad for ya coz of pesticides. Even when its supposed to be organic.

Just eat drink and be merry. A life without pleasutre is only half lived

top topics

join