It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War for 2006? No Way in Hell!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
I very much doubt that Turkey even though an islamic state would allow Iran to pass its boders as probably by the time this happens Turkey will most lilkey be an EU state and will not risk its EU mebership on such a gamble to Iran bypass them

Well, Turkey isn't going to be included in the EU for some time now. They missed the last acceptance group and it will be 2014 at the earliest before they can join. Also public support for EU membership for Turkey has dropped to 31 percent of EU citizens.(source)

BBC - Turkey's EU entry talks
How long will the negotiations take(For Turkey to join)?
Experts say they will take at least 10 years. These negotiations are an open-ended process, the outcome of which cannot be guaranteed beforehand

The earliest date the EU can possibly admit Turkey is 2014, because the budget for 2007-2013, which is now being hotly debated, takes no account of the considerable costs Turkey's accession will involve.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Those of you that are quick with your math may have already picked up on the time-frame of the EU's budget. 7 years.
Very, very interesting. The magical 7 year reference turns up again, only this time it's in the very near future. [sarcasm] Nothing to see here folks, move along. [/sarcasm]

[edit on 29-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
I very much doubt that Turkey even though an islamic state would allow Iran to pass its boders as probably by the time this happens Turkey will most lilkey be an EU state and will not risk its EU mebership on such a gamble to Iran bypass them

What he said.

Being an ally of both the US and EU, I seriously doubt Turkey would just purposly allow Iran to attack us our our allies.

Also is Turkey considered the "far north"?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
is Turkey considered the "far north"?

It's far to the north of Israel. It's debatable though. *shrugs* I guess we say that Turkey's involvement is speculative, but Syria (Damascus) and Iran are for sure involved when reading the passages I referenced earlier.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i have been thinking about this and I just want to point out a few things:

Now that Iraq's government is dominated by "shia" then that makes them friend's with Iran as their government is Shia too. I mean to say that the Iraqi people won't get in the way of Iran if not back them up with anything they do.

I don't believe that America will get it's support to go to war with Iran as easily because of all the lies etc... They will be on their own along with Israeil so it won't be easily won. The lauching of nukes would be stupid becuase that will cause a reaction wether it comes from Iran or their allies. I don't think America is too stupid to do this but Israeil may do so.

Look at the american death toll in Iraq, it hasn't stopped going up, in my opinion the situation isn't under control, Iran will be the same. It may even end up like it did in Vietnam....

I think the Americans need to be more worried about the Chinese becuase of their military buildup or even the Russians with their new missiles. I mean Russia is a dangerous superpower and China is becoming a large one and of course they are allies with the Russians. All the more reaosns to focus on them.

Oh and personally I think if Israeil is allowed nuclear weapons so should Iran, Israeil is more likely to use one then the Iranians! Look at the threatening statements they make! Israeil is a threat to the middle eastern, why can't they defend by having a nuclear arsenal? They aren't stupid enough to fire one without good reason to. What I'm saying is they aren't going to fire one into their enemies becuase they are the enemy becuase the consqeuences are too great.

(btw im only 16 so ermmm don't bite back harshly if you think I'm wrong lol, they are just my thoughts)

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No, you bring up some good points. In fact some in Iraq think that Iran is fixing the voting to help out the Shiite Muslims. It's very possible that both countries could get along well in the future.

Yes, Israel is more likely to use the Nuclear option due to the size of their country. It wouldn't take much to wipe them out, but I don't believe they will go that route unless it's completely necessary. I still believe it's possible that they might bomb(conventional) Iran's nuclear development site. That's where the problem could start.

China and n. Korea are really the only threat to the continental United States. Iran doesn't have missiles that can reach. The only thing that might get us involved is the troop build-up we currently have in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
since more and more nukes are still being made i think that russia could start up again.i think the cold war is not so cold anymore.i think every country on the planet will need some type of protection from radiation in the future.we have to choose to arm ourshelf or disarm everyone including the u.s.when will u.n get more countries to disarm then nuke up.time will tell. i dont see it with the direction many are going at this point thow..

[edit on 29-12-2005 by flukemol]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No, you bring up some good points. In fact some in Iraq think that Iran is fixing the voting to help out the Shiite Muslims. It's very possible that both countries could get along well in the future.

well thx
I don't know about any fixing of the votes but yes they will be friends..Just one question Shia+shiite right?

Yes, Israel is more likely to use the Nuclear option due to the size of their country. It wouldn't take much to wipe them out, but I don't believe they will go that route unless it's completely necessary. I still believe it's possible that they might bomb(conventional) Iran's nuclear development site. That's where the problem could start.

If that happens there is absolutely no doubt Iran will be at war with them, But how badly?

China and n. Korea are really the only threat to the continental United States. Iran doesn't have missiles that can reach. The only thing that might get us involved is the troop build-up we currently have in Iraq.

I forgot to mention NK in my post. Yes they are a threat. But why did you miss out Russia? Russia is once again putting a lot of money into their military and nuclear weapon. Here is a good article on it:

www.infowars.com...

Can't think of much else to say except I need my sleep now....lol

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Snake64_009]

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Snake64_009]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wonder what people think now? See old age predictions and worries and they never happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join