It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

church and mental abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
mind control begins at an early age. they usually start with subliminal messages informing the brain.if you do not do as we like you too will end up hanging on a cross like the one you see before you .in america we have a rating system for t.v. veiwers where children can not be shown death in any form it is called G rated what would happen if this message was removed from the church in order to protect the children of america from mind control? i would assume that many would question why the adults who are informing them of the ten commandments dont follow the commandments themselves.without fear of being smited.as an adult now i dont fear being smited by my God but by catholics themselves. they are a hypocritical lot.they try to push their religion on others for fear of being the odd man out.they seem to think that their religion is the only correct religion in the universe.any other must be satanic. to tell a child to eat my body and drink my blood sounds very morbid and satanic . i dont care if you try to tell me its just symbolic. to a young child it will be taken very literally. i sure hope that people will realize who is really just panhandling for cash .because you can PAY for your sins with cash or credit card. if you dont sin in the first place you wont need to donate ten percent to a "man" who has never worked a hard days pay in his life.this message is intent to show the mind control of the catholic religion *SNIP*.like your good book says an eye for an eye. this post has been posted in response to another post fitting the basic same message only the names have been changed.

Mod Edit: No One Dictates Who Can Reply To A Thread.

[edit on 29/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am not a Catholic, but I am a Christian. I think your post borders on the hatred side more than anything else, but being that as it may, I would rather not reveal so much another persons errors as I would like to share with them my own life's faith and let them decide. Religion (and I mean all religion) is the creation of man by man for man. Jesus only wants us to follow his example and remember that God is Soveriegn above all. But man always wants to put in his two cents and with that comes all the confusion you see on these boards on who God is and can we even consider the Bible as truth. Man screwed it all up. Do Catholics have some errors, perhaps, but so do alot of religious people. And as long as we continue to show that bad example of what religion is, no unbeliever wil ever be convinced. It is Jesus that we need to follow. Gather with other believers if you must but never forget about why you do so. Because of Jesus.

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chartes croissant
if you do not do as we like you too will end up hanging on a cross like the one you see before you .

I'm not sure what religious path you were shown as a child, but this ideology isn't what I see "pushed" in my local chruch.

in america we have a rating system for t.v. veiwers where children can not be shown death in any form it is called G rated what would happen if this message was removed from the church in order to protect the children of america from mind control?

As a parent, I have a choice to let my child watch what I want her to watch based on a rating or based on my own judgement. If I don't want my kid watching death, violence and gore, it is based on my decision, not based on a "mind control" scheme set up by "them".

If the images of death is removed from the Church, then a child is not being taught the proper truth. The two are not related. I am not sure what you are trying to get at with your post here. Mind control does not have to do with images of death. It is simply a sobering reminder (for those who believe in this) that Jesus was killed for his tyranny.

as an adult now i dont fear being smited by my God but by catholics themselves. they are a hypocritical lot.

I'm sorry if your fear keeps you from realizing your true path. Americans aren't judged by their religion. If you feel as if you are, perhaps you are on the wrong path. Catholics are very ritualistic and hld their beliefs in very high regards. They are a pretty strict bunch of people. I don't know why you think they are hypocritical. Care to elaborate?

they try to push their religion on others for fear of being the odd man out.they seem to think that their religion is the only correct religion in the universe.

Of course. Their "mission", is to spread the word of God and Jesus. When they appear at the Pearly Gates, they would like to be able to say "look who I brought along".

to tell a child to eat my body and drink my blood sounds very morbid and satanic . i dont care if you try to tell me its just symbolic. to a young child it will be taken very literally.

If I were to teach my child what Mass is all about, and did not explain the symbolism of eating of Jesus' flesh and drinking of his blood, then I do not belong bringing such a child to a Catholic Mass. Telling the story of Noah would not be complete if we did not explain the reason why Noah had to build the Ark.

i sure hope that people will realize who is really just panhandling for cash .because you can PAY for your sins with cash or credit card. if you dont sin in the first place you wont need to donate ten percent to a "man" who has never worked a hard days pay in his life.

I do not need to go to a church to pray. I do not need to pay someone to confess to. I would do that personally through prayer. It is improbable that you will never sin in your entire life. And if this "man" never worked a hard day in His life, let me see you create the entire Earth and creatures in a week.

this message is intent to show the mind control of the catholic religion so any of you pro catholics need not reply.

No need to judge anyone here, Catholic or not. They can post their beliefs, just like you can. And I am not Catholic, just for the record. I am agnostic.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It sounds to me like you had a bad experience with some kind of church or church lady type who turned you off. Now you are questioning the very thing that offended you.

Here chapter eight of the book of Randy: Thou shalt not tempt the Lord with silly questions...lol. Just kidding. Really though, not all churches teach inyaface type of messages. As for crosses, I agree that crosses with Jesus are offensive. Not because they show a dead guy hanging there, but because He is alive and well. So why not show him off the cross he isn't there anymore. There should be a new set of jewelry (if you wear that sort of thing) that has Him on a throne in glory instead of a cross. The payment might have been done on Calvary but he didn't stay there and the message didn't end there. It continued when he gave Peter the keys to open the message door at Jerusalem in Acts chapter 2.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chartes croissant
this message is intent to show the mind control of the catholic religion so any of you pro catholics need not reply.

I noticed that you have registered here as a member today. I have been a member since 9/13/2004. As far as I can remember you do not have any right to tell me NOT to reply to such an insulting post to my religion.

new topics

top topics

join