Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Presidential Vacation

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Iam tired of all these people complaing that bush abuses the amount of time he goes on vacation and when

Come on he has probably the toughest job in the world 70% of the world hates him so what if he goes to a ranch for 5 weeks hes probably more stressed out then people that lost son/daughters/fathers etc... in Iraq,Think about if he does anything he would be ridiculed he dosnt bring the troops home and if he did a diffrent group of people would hate him come on guys give the man a break he has to try and satisfy the whole world and we complain about him taking a vacation

[edit on 29-12-2005 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Come on he has probably the toughest job in the world

I would like to think that "tough jobs" are a matter of opinion. Working around unstable substances is stressful for me, for others is may be fighting fires or flying planes, or programing computers (my job)

70% of the world hates him

And this reason alone is the reason why they are biased towards him.

so what if he goes to a ranch for 5 weeks hes probably more stressed out then people that lost son/daughters/fathers etc... in Iraq,

Shame on you for even placing his job in the same category as losing a loved one. Work and family are not connected.

Think about if he does anything he would be ridiculed

Hence the publicity of the Presidency. You can't please all of the people all of the time. SOmeone is bound to complain.

he dosnt bring the troops home and if he did a diffrent group of people would hate him

Correct.

come on guys give the man a break he has to try and satisfy the whole world

He should work on pleasing his bosses.

And I am sorry, but I have to do this:

This is a period. It separates sentences and makes your posts easier to read. No disrespect meant.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Rouschkateer]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ummm so the other 40+ presidents of the United States didn't have hard jobs?

And yes you can try using the excuse that a lot of things happened while he has been in office, but thats all the more reason he should NOT be taking these long drawn out vacations

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He shouldn't have started a war with Iraq if he wasn't prepared for ridicule. I have no sympathy for him what so ever. To be honest, I despise the man.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
he gets five weeks ???? Wisky Tango Foxtrot??

The military only get 30 days a year but FAT chance trying to take it as long as the war on terror is going on. Else you can have it for between trips to the desert. I am stationed stateside but wartime manning has made it a struggle to get 5 days for time with my daughter. I had a special trip planned for over 13 months (thus very top of leave priority list) that got yanked a week prior to my planned departure.

The President amd congress also get paid 100% of their salary FOR LIFE. The military only get %50 of base pay which is actually like 25% IF they survive to retirement.

What is wrong with this picture?

Who's lives are at more risk?

Tell our fearless leader to get back to work- better yet out front where a proper leader should be.

And if congress is doing such a service paving over our rights while the soldiers are out- they can do it at a E-3s pay so we can get our troops off food stamps.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
if 70 % of the world hates him he knows why.
Maybe different people wouldn't be happy if he brought the troops home but they would'nt be so many as now...( boom video, system of a down, good example...)
But maybe, i hope, that as long as he is on vacation he doesn't think of his war-plans. If it is the case, he should even take some longer ones.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
crap.

In the old days they called it a visit to Camp David...
Location means even less now.

I had a friend who was called in from his vacation last week..
Why?
To get Laid off...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
He shouldn't have started a war with Iraq if he wasn't prepared for ridicule. I have no sympathy for him what so ever. To be honest, I despise the man.

When you read about all the corruption, big business, laziness, and sometimes sheer stupidity going on around the White House, he asks for it.

No president is perfect, far from that, but there is no way he of all presidents should be getting an easy break. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join