It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor Killings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A Pakistani man killed his step daughter in what he termed an honor killing. He then killed his three young daughters to keep the girls from committing adultery.

www.cnn.com
Hundreds of girls and women are murdered by male relatives each year in this conservative Islamic nation, and rights groups said Wednesday such "honor killings" will only stop when authorities get serious about punishing perpetrators.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After the stepdaughter is accused of adultery, by her husband, the stepfather decides to slit her throat to protect the family honor. He then thinks it is best to slit the throats of his own daughters, ages 4, 7 and 8 to avoid the future embarrassment of having them commit adultery. He does this in front of his wife, the mother of all four girls, who is holding his infant son in her arms.

He cuts the throats of 4 young women to protect the honor of the family. This is barbaric thinking at its finest. This has no rational explanation. I will murder my 4 year old daughter to protect my family name from a future event?

Here's a thought - TEACH YOUR CHILDREN HONOR AND RESPECT

Let me say it one more time to really let it sink in:

he killed his 3 daughters and stepdaughter to protect his family honor over an ACCUSATION that his step daughter committed adultery and to avoid future honor issues over the same cause.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Crakeur]

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Crakeur]

[edit on 2-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've heard of this before, it is pretty sick, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. It's their twisted tradition and we can't stop it. The world can be a horrid place.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty ? This sickens me. Where is God? There is no honor in killing of the innocent!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Chalk another victory up for religious extremism! I really don't even know what else to say other than it's sick and I could care less what label the religion used any religion that is cool with murder in my opinion is just a total sham. Dontcha just love cultures?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In China, they kill babies that are born female if there is no male child.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is not laws that protect females in these countries females are the property of their fathers first and then of their husbands.

And as for china well, I am discovering how well US and us Americans support that country.

Has you check lately your clothing Labels? practically everything we buy now is from China, so we are supporting them and is not limited to Wal-mart either.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
here's what I have learned from posting this news article.

1. there are quite a few folks out there who think my grammar and writing needs work. duly noted.
2. this topic is not something that should be covered by the folks at ats. while I think it does, as it involves around a crime committed based on a system of beliefs that are one part of a much larger system of beliefs that are directly related to terrorism and the war in the middle east.
3. you fix the introduction for one person and you get three more introduction fix messages.

frustrating process.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There are no words.

Pakistani Killed Daughters to Save 'Honor'

Bibi recounted how she was woken by a shriek as Ahmed put his hand to the mouth of his stepdaughter Muqadas and cut her throat with a machete. Bibi looked helplessly on from the corner of the room as he then killed the three girls — Bano, 8, Sumaira, 7, and Humaira, 4 — pausing between the slayings to brandish the bloodstained knife at his wife, warning her not to intervene or raise alarm.

“I was shivering with fear. I did not know how to save my daughters,” Bibi, sobbing, told AP by phone from the village. “I begged my husband to spare my daughters but he said, ‘If you make a noise, I will kill you.’”

“The whole night the bodies of my daughters lay in front of me,” she said.

The poor mother. But the worst thing:

Despite Ahmed's contention that Muqadas had committed adultery — a claim made by her husband — the rights commission reported that according to local people, Muqadas had fled her husband because he had abused her and forced her to work in a brick-making factory.

This entire family was murdered NOT because the woman was unfaithful -
but because a violent wife-beater falsely CLAIMED she was unfaithful when she tried to escape his violence.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
and correct me if I am wrong but aren't all accusations of adultery, thievery, etc. to go before a sharia court under specific rules of evidence and then the religious court to determine guilt or innocence? This relatively new - considering the age of Islam - tradition for the family to act as judge, jury and executioner is not in line with Mohammed's teachings. Had this case been presented in front of a true sharia court not only would the women have been found innocent, her husband would have been guilty of making a false accusation and punished himself.

Regardless though it is still one of the more dispicable practices of religious extremism. One that needs to be condemned by all people in hopes of changing it.

Bleys

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
apparently he killed the step daughter to protect the honor of the family name, not because she broke a law.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
they should really slit his throut
barberians like that make us muslims look even worse as we dont need more bad rep as it is

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelsrforever
What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty ? This sickens me. Where is God? There is no honor in killing of the innocent!

I heard in france, your guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't believe this has anything to do with Sharia or Islam, rather, cultural dogma which is also rampant in my region of the world; Punjab --though i'm Canadian born; I mean soley by ethnicity.

Honour killings are a predominate social meme in Indian and it's surrounding area's including Pakistan, and it's a highly disturbing trend further reinforced by poor educational standards and little or no human rights activities to educate.

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
I don't believe this has anything to do with Sharia or Islam, rather, cultural dogma which is also rampant in my region of the world;

I agree, it's a cultural thing not a religious thing, Hindus, Sikhs and various ethnicities do not place women high on the ladder of society. Daughters are worthless unless they can provide a good dowry. In my country, this is very common except it doesn't go as far as killing, but daughters are abused, beaten, disowned, disgraced, etc, because one parent may feel that the family name is disgraced. My own cousin was beaten with a bicycle chain by my uncle because she "disgraced" him by choosing a black man as her significant other. Even on his deathbed, he never "forgave" her or acknowledge her as his daughter.

It's hard to stop this type of misguided "justice".

[edit on 1-2-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is so stupid, killing your own flesh and blood because they might “dishonor” you, and then killing people who are accused of committing adultery. They really need to make and strictly enforce laws that ban this type of behavior. This is just totally unacceptable, it shouldn’t be happening in today's world.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
here's what I have learned from posting this news article.

1. there are quite a few folks out there who think my grammar and writing needs work. duly noted.
2. this topic is not something that should be covered by the folks at ats. while I think it does, as it involves around a crime committed based on a system of beliefs that are one part of a much larger system of beliefs that are directly related to terrorism and the war in the middle east.
3. you fix the introduction for one person and you get three more introduction fix messages.

frustrating process.

The news police strike again. This is why I no longer submit any news articles. Until this submission process is overhauled, there will be many newsworthy articles that the general ATS public will never see. If someone has constuctive criticism, they should U2U you.

Sorry to derail your topic. I thought it was well written.

These reports, although hideous, are not new. Many countries "look the other way" as their citizens commit these cultural rituals. Yet to them we are the barbarians.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This has really shocked me, how can people ask where Is GOD and why do these things happen when there Is scum like this commiting acts who seem to think they are GOD'ley that they them selves are doing the greater good In his name, I can see GOD now to weak with greaf to get of his knees due to the pain and suffering that so many men cause In his name. When will It end.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelfSorry to derail your topic. I thought it was well written.

thanks. no derailment since, according to something like 10 u2u's, this wasn't newsworthy per the usual ATS content.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
One_Love_One_GOD,

Once again my freind, it should be reiterated that this behaviour is consequental of traditionalist social stigma, not religious zeal. This is a universal behaviour which serves to drive nails into the coffins of all socieities, bar none, at one point in history or another.

They really need to make and strictly enforce laws that ban this type of behavior. This is just totally unacceptable, it shouldn’t be happening in today's world

What should be noted, imperatively, is that there are no laws that permit such behaviour in Pakistan, India, and other such regions of the world where this is predominate; this is soley cultural and social stigmation, and nothing more. Regardless of what legislation may bar such behaviour, it will not derail such and such persons from commiting these acts. As I aforementioned, only education will render this extant.

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
What should be noted, imperatively, is that there are no laws that permit such behaviour in Pakistan, India, and other such regions of the world where this is predominate; this is soley cultural and social stigmation, and nothing more.

Honor killings actually are leagal in a few countries like Syria, Jordan and Morocco.

Scroll about half way down this page:
Women Forced To Marry Rapists Or Die

top topics

<<   2 >>

join