It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Web Site Puts 'Cookies' on Computers (from ATSNN)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Well... with a lack of response (perhaps embarrassed?), it seems twitchy really was mostly interested in disruption and tossing baseless barbs.

No actually SO, I was going to drop it. But since you seem to want to continune this to a point of confrontation...

First off, I don't know what you are talking about Denial of Service. I was unable to log into my account for some time, I contacted you guys, and the problem was fixed when you reset my password. I was banned from this site, apparently inadvertently, about a year ago, and I had problems uploading pictures to this site which continued to be a problem until I got another computer. If that's what you are refering to, then I would hardly consider my correspondance with the site administration to get my account fixed an accusation of any sort. If you couldn't log into your account, or upload pictures, I would assume you would want to know why as well. In fact I recall thanking you personally for restoring my account on both occasions.

As to being Coy, no, I honestly don't have a clue what your talking about. This was the first I have even heard of the term "Denial of Service", unless there has been something said that I am not aware of... I logged out shortly after I posted post id: 1908969 28-12-2005 at 06:01 PM, and was unable to log back on ATS after that until I emailed you to confirm I had received your email and changed my password which was Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:09:01. If something was U2U'ed or emailed during that time period, I can assure you it wasn't from me.

As to my being a liar...

Originally posted by twitchy
ATS also installs an Alexia related DOS application, and runs several third party scripts,

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
No we don't, this is a complete irresponsible lie.

The file you're referring to is a cookie, from Alexa that was written by the Alexa Javascript on a few of our pages.

So you call me a liar and then aknowlege what I was talking about in the same post? My computer lists the Alexa '_javascript' as a DOS application. Is it lying as well? As to my attacking anything, if you will look at my original post, I did nothing of the sort. It's called a Comparison, my point being that ATS is just a regular web site without the technical resources of the NSA. If you want to take that personally, well maybe that's just the way you took it dude. If you would like to continue this however, feel free to U2U me and we can discuss your animosity further.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In your original post about the Alexa question, you were shown how it was not a MS DOS application. However, in this thread, you called a "DOS Application", which is typically "Denial Of Service" in Internet nomenclature.

Your original question was answered, you ignored the answer, then restated the false information for sensational effect in this thread. What else am I to think?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join