It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another hostage, this time its a French hostage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- The Arabic-language TV network Al-Arabiya aired video Wednesday of a French engineer held captive in Iraq and said his captors threatened to kill him unless France ends its "illegitimate presence" in the country.

The hostage, seated and flanked by two armed men, said: "My name is Bernard. I am 52 years old. I am from France, from Lyon. I work in the humanitarian field as an engineer for water projects for two years now.

Not only are there no french troops in Iraq, but this guy was on a humanitarian mission. These guys know how to pick their hostages.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"illegitimate presence"
How dare this frenchman try to get the water system working for Iraqi people. Who needs clean water anyway

What a great choice for a hostages, I agree they sure can pick them.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think it was this guys video I saw on Sky News earlier, I tried to find a screenshot ot post but couldn't. If it is, there was a map of IRaq in the top left corner in Iraqi colours I tihnk (like a flag) with a prominent All-Seeing Eye in the middle - pretty interesting..

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You referring to this, AgentSmith?

French hostage 'shown in video'

I wonder if the hostage takers discovered, in crushing disappointment, that they only managed to kidnap a sewage engineer? How much more disappointed and disillusioned were those same hostage takers when they undoubtedly were later informed by their superiors that their were and are no French troops in Iraq? :shk:

seekerof

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yes it is, that logo in the top left corner, if you could see it properly, has an eye in the middle of Iraq. Anyone got a link to the whole video?

EDIT: Here we go, it was clearer on the TV - it's like the brightness was turned up too much - I wonder what it means though? A signal to show that 'they' have taken over? (maybe it's closer than I jest).

[edit on 29-12-2005 by AgentSmith]

new topics

top topics

join