It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Empires 3 ...Ughhhhhh !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are there any Fans of Age of Empires? If you are then You know what I am about to say.
" AOE3 is crap". This game has been anticipated on for over a year now and now that it is out, i dont know anyone that like it. I used to be in a Gaming clan and we played Age of Conquerers, Part of the Age of Empires Series.

www.ensemblestudios.com is a great company when it comes to pc gaming out there. But I just don't know what happen this year

[edit on 15-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just got this game for Christmas and I love it! There do seem to be some things missing that the previous version had, but overall it's great. The detail of the people, boats, towns is amazing.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
AOE3 is a good game, not great, but a good and solid title. I played the single player campaign and I had a lot of fun. Haven't really played a lot of multiplayer on it since im still playing world of warcraft regularly.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
TOTAL WAR FOREVAH!!!!!!!!!

with that said I agree AoE3 sucked the fat ones its just that... that age period is so craptastic for a video game imo.

cannons... lame
muskets. lame

either iw ant swords and bows or i want c90's and laser guns.

really its like empire earth. which microsoft ripped off in rise of nations so... go fig.

The Total War games is where its at

ROME TOTAL WAR FAHEVAH!!!!

release the hounds!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Having been an uber-fan of the Age of Empires series I am still waiting to soup my PC up enough to get AoE III to run! My graphics card and memory are equal to the minimum spec, so I guess I'll have to upgrade them both to run it as I'm not sure how to isolated which bit is inadequate.

From the trial version the engine looks similar to Age Of Mythology, and I really enjoyed the Titans version of that.

These games come alive in multiplayer mode though. I've owned Age of Kings Conquerors for three years and haven't played a single campaign game yet!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Like many others, I was eagerly waiting for the release of AoE III until I played the demo version. I suppose that I was expecting, well, "something more" than AoE II but the new version doesn't seem to "have it".

Still, at least from my experience trying out the demo, AoE III is a very playable game. I played the demo quite a bit and found it really to be a natural evolutionary product.

One aspect that I disliked were the incorporation of the "explorers". I don't know but I found them annoying and I really hate the dogs...(if you play the game, you know what I mean). I did, however, like the cannons but there really isn't too much difference between the types of cannon other than one is good for attacks on infantry and the others are good on attacks against buildings. Incidentally, I love the graphics when buildings are attacked by cannon. The buildings beautifully emulate a building under artillery attack.

I suppose that I won't "really" know how the game plays simply from the demo but, again, AoE III simply doesn't measure up to my expectations. Although I probably won't be purchasing the game, I will probably still be interested enough to "obtain" a copy from "other sources". Nevertheless, all that said, I would suppose that I can be gracious enough to recommend this game to others as the AoE series does indeed provide a good deal of entertainment value and that is, after all, what gaming is all about.

new topics

top topics

join