It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops on mission to save Iraqi baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here's a bit of positive news about our soldiers in Iraq, it seems not all our troops are bent on blowing babies up.

When troops from the Georgia National Guard raided a Baghdad home in early December, they had no idea that their mission in Iraq would take a different turn.

As the young parents of an infant girl nervously watched the soldiers search their modest home, the baby's unflinching grandmother thrust the little girl at the Americans, showing them the purple pouch protruding from her back.

Little Noor, barely three months old, was born with spina bifida, a birth defect in which the spinal column fails to completely close. Iraqi doctors had told her parents she would live only 45 days.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 28-12-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How nice of them to do that.

The baby probably got the birth defect from those depleted uranium shells you used during the war.
www.bushflash.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, what an utterly ignorant response. Kind of what I expected though, from some of our resident "America dislikers" who would rather see a baby die so they can point out how monstrous the evil U.S. truly is, than to acknowledge some of our soldiers really want to help. But hell, there's always blaming the U.S. for the baby's condition if all else fails, as demonstrated above.

Little info on the causes of the conditon for you:

A study of 81 Irish mothers of children with neural tube defects revealed significantly higher blood levels of homocysteine during pregnancy than seen in 323 mothers of normal children. The excess of homocysteine appears to result from inefficient conversion of methionine.

Previous studies have demonstrated conclusively that women who take folic acid near the time of conception greatly reduce their chances of bearing children with neural tube defects. Related studies have also shown that women with lower than normal blood levels of folate and B12 are more likely to bear children with neural tube defects.

However, many mothers of children with neural tube defects have normal B12 and folate levels during pregnancy. This suggests the presence of a metabolic abnormality rather than a simple vitamin deficiency might be involved in the development of such birth defects, the researchers note.

www.accessexcellence.org...

So depleted uranium causes Iraqi mothers not to get proper nutrition during pregnancy I guess. I guess there must be a correlation somewhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have noticed something interesting regarding feedback that may be negative toward US policy or actions, on this site.

Members are quick to label other members as US haters or Muslim simperthisers for suggesting anything similar, like the use of the depleted shells, by the way this is a ligitamate cause of such defects.

Maybe the truth is hard to deal with but yes these weapons do have adverse affects on the population and yes they are delivered by the US war machine.

Its great the troops take pity on the infirm and innocent, if only their government would too!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I didn't say anybody was an America "hater", or a muslim "simperthiser" (perhaps you meant sympathizer?), I said America "disliker".

I've noticed something interesting as well, that those who are constantly giving negative feedback about the U.S., and nothing else, are so quick to protest being labeled, but as they say, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a friggin duck. Get over it.

And the truth is not hard for me to deal with, I am one of the few individuals on this board who doesn't have my opinions formed for me by one "side" or the other. I criticize my government, especially the Bush administration on a regular basis, but I also acknowledge that we do good as well. Are you suggesting that the U.S. government is the only government that doesn't care about the little people?

There are many environmental as well as genetic factors that cause such birth defects. These birth defects do not have borders, and emerge all over the globe, and have done so long before depleted uranium. It's just plain ridiculous to sit behind your computer, with I'm assuming no medical schooling or training whatsoever, and talk about what is and what is not a "legitimate cause of such defects", when you have no idea other than what you want to believe. Here, Dr. Talon, please read up on the incidence of spina bifida by country:

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

I guess we have used depleted uranium shells that cause women not to eat enough folic acid during pregnancy all over the globe, including here in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
are you sure they arent trying to kill that baby? these are americans we are talking about after all

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
27jd thanks for posting some good news. You would think that people could avoid the politics of Iraq in one thread. I hope ATS will see more good news posted over time.
Cheers Xpert11.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
27jd,

Shame on you!!! Don’t you know its against the rules to post positive stories and news about the USA on these forums? You could be banned for this!!! Sacrilege!!!

Must be US propaganda anyways...

This is almost as bad as that story about the landslide and historic elections that 70%+ of Iraqis are raving about...

*sarcasm off*

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
The baby probably got the birth defect from those depleted uranium shells you used during the war.

No, she probably didn't get it from that, unless she was crawling around on shot out iraqi tanks, or her mother was eating dust from those tanks.
www.who.int...

talon
Maybe the truth is hard to deal with but yes these weapons do have adverse affects on the population and yes they are delivered by the US war machine.

A good reason for a population to not make itself a target of that war machine.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Anything in favor of childeren is top notch to me

Way to go!

[edit on 29-12-2005 by shire19]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Kind of what I expected though, from some of our resident "America dislikers" who would rather see a baby die so they can point out how monstrous the evil U.S. truly is

Oh, again with the "You're an anti-american!". That's so old, you should really try something new. Something that's more hip, perhaps

For the record, I don't dislike America. I just don't support the Iraqi war.

Comprende, amigo?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Oh, again with the "You're an anti-american!". That's so old, you should really try something new. Something that's more hip, perhaps

Why the quotes? I never said "You're an anti-american!", I said it's kinda what I expected from our resident "America dislikers", so as to try something new, also, just because I expected that from them, I never said you were anything. Let's see, hip....hmmm......how bout anti-Amerikizzle fo shizzle, my dizzle. Is that better?

For the record, I don't dislike America. I just don't support the Iraqi war.

Great, than we actually agree. I never said I agreed with the Iraqi war, I don't, and just because my heart was warmed by the actions of some soldiers doesn't mean I'm a balls to the wall Bush supporter. I can't stand him. But I can still recognize a genuine good deed when I see one, and it's nice to see some good news for a change.

Comprende, amigo?

Si senor.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
An update on the baby's condition:

The first of a series of operations for Baby Noor, an Iraqi infant who has severe birth defects of the spine, was successful Monday, a hospital spokesman said.

Three-month-old Noor al-Zahra was "doing well" and was in recovery Monday morning at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, said hospital spokesman Kevin McClelland.
www.foxnews.com...

So far, so good.

top topics

join