It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TV.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had the experience of saying something or going through something only to watch TV and have a program or actor describe exactly what you're going through or have just said?

Its one to blast skeptics into the belt of Orion where the grass is blue and the sky is made of leather.

Not really going to go through my experiences again but its literally saying something whilst watching TV and the actor then saying exactly what you just said. Or going through a time and it being described whilst you're watching TV.

One my uncle went through with me in the room;

He was talking with my granma an pops about the bible when he drifted off into how the world is mostly water as part of the argument/debate. An advert, convieniently, shows a video of the globe detailing the seas... when I say, 'convieniently' I mean, just as hes making his point, enough to back it up like he was given a satelite video downstream to prove his point.

Anyone notice this type of thing? I belive it relates to things like dreaming of someone and seeing them the next day or saying something and it happening in that instance. Symbyosis etc....

I'm connecting dots here.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Entity, not exactly the TV but I have encountered something like this recently. That is to say, where things in the environment around me have to do with the conversation I am having. I hope this isn't to off-topic for you, if it is I apologize.

On my Birthday this year my friends, fiancee, and I were at a bar drinking and playing Trivia. They had asked some movie question earlier and one of my friends jokingly was like Have any of you seen the movie Orgasmo? (Stay with me here, I know that's not the most enlightening movie of all time!) We all started joking around about the movie and what not...when all of a sudden the next Trivia question asked is about that very movie. There was no way the guy could have heard us, as we were all the way across the bar with music playing and only could hear him through the speakers.

The chances of that occurring, with such a outside the mainstream movie, within about 2 minutes of bringing it up was extremely weird.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont think you have anything to worry about unless a news commentator directly begins to engage you in conversation. Like in the movie "The Game" starring Sean Penn and Michael Douglas
www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just like that.

Now is that precog? Or a form of it?

I'd like to hear what other people think, not to take from the thread about Coincidences, I'm drawing from that and asking about ''coincidences'' to do with the TV then relating it to what people are talking about in the other thread. Dispelling skeptics as it were.

The TV is odd cause its... a TV and isn't like reading a person or real life at all, its a TV, with actors who are given a script and told what to say.

I guess your incident ties more in with the other thread but is still film related so it counts.

The use of the word -Co-Incidence- has been taken and given its own meaningless definition. It means what it says but for some reason skeps (skeptics) take it to glaze over things, ''Oh thats just a co-incidence'' when it really means much more. I belive it ties in with -Time as a river- and has a relation to being psychic.
----------
Psychic;

Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche; mental.

Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as extrasensory perception and mental telepathy.

Of or relating to such mental processes.
--------

Or prehaps tapping into -Time as a river- and prempting? thought by seeing into a persons thought pattern. Thus predicting thought/energy rather than simply reading it as most would think?

(its all opinion/speculation, I know nothing really)

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have the same sort of thing happening to me all the time, Ill hear a new word/phrase on tv, in a book, online, or in person, and I will hear it used very soon after, in a book, on tv, online, in person. It won't be anything common, and it is often out of caracter to hear it the way it is said... It always weirds me out to no end... Its like a truman show paranoia...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Welcome to the great Aum of the universe :-) Look into the word Synchronicity, it's actually a pretty well known and poorly understood phenomenon. I have read that the odds against a coincidence of true Synchronicity are roughly 1 in 18 Billion. Some guy worked it out lol, but the generally accepted odds of any noncausal related cooincidence occuring in the universe is amazingly unlikely.

Source
the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality —used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung

It's also one of my favorite albums

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It happens to me all the time and it is always strange. Synchronicity is the word I use to describe it as well. It makes me wonder if the nature of information is different from our perception of it. Elements of theoretical science that could potentially relate to this are Action At a Distance and the Observer Effect.

TPL

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A once had a dream about some nature expert walking past my old school, i hadn't seem him on TV in years, then low and behold the very next morning he appeared on TV!

I have never been able to explain why i should have dreamed on him, like i said i hadn't seem him on TV in years.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
^Thats what I'm talking about. Its happened quite a bit to me but I don't sleep at night too well so I smoke weed. I guess its the next best thing to sleeping because I'd have thoughts and they'd happen... I guess i'd normally dream of the event but just end up sitting around thinking about it instead. I've even got drawings of some.

Theres an advert over here in the uk, I think its dixsons. THe whole street is made up of electrical components. Well before that advert I was drawing exactly the same thing. I titled it, ''Hi-Fi Street'' a street with turntables and speakers, a mixer etc. Another time I was on a train going to Manchester, I drew a sun on a mountain top and titled it, Sun on Mountain Media. Read a book (I'll give the title if anyones intrested) and the author was actually on about it, Sun on Mountain, exatcly the same. I could go on.

Thanks for the info on syncronicity, I'll check it out. Its definately what it is. Thought more people would have experienced it to be honest.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow. That's amazing, because I didn't even bother clicking the links to Syncronicity, and was coming up with a theory of my own, and wondered if maybe someone already put something like that up there. I didn't know what Syncronicity meant, but I was thinking to myself, there has to be a limited amount of things people think about. Like sight, we can't all ( I don't think anyway) Visualize Panoramic Veiwing, because we can only look straight ahead, and slightly off to the side. I was thinking that maybe the environment has to do with influencing the thought process, and sends us down a narrow, but 'variatized' path that our thoughts travel. It could be that we all go seperate ways, thinking in completely different levels, guiding our thoughts through interests, so we are free to choose the path of thought. But even though you could be thinking on a different subject than another person, it could be possible to temporarly have the same thought, crossing paths so to speak. Maybe at the same time, or slightly set apart by time. Then I clicked on the Synconicity link, and it explained exactly what I was thinking... Only smarter.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If someone on TV responds to a question asked in your den, it can be quite amusing. A long time ago I remember watching a sci-fi tv show called Space 1999. It was supposed to be in the future when we had a moon base but something happened and flung the moon and the base along with it off into space. Anyway on one mission, I was watching it and my mother walked in and watched for a minute. Then suddenly this one guy ran off without saying a single word. My mother asked loudly "Well, why did he run off?" The commander who was standing there on the tv show appeared and said something like "He ran off to go do something stupid. That's why he ran." It was perfect timing as if he just answered my mother's question. I simply thought it was very amusing. My brother said that's an example of a well written show.

Something that can seem really strange is if you had a dream where you were the ghost but someone spotted you and screamed and then you woke up. Then not long afterward a woman appearing on a tv show discussing ghosts looks like the same person you scared. Then someone else describes a car that vanished in a cemetary but then goes on to mention the tiny little town that you lived in. This was on a national broadcast so it was full of coincidences. I suppose one could argue that a few people somewhere are always going to have a match to someone or what someone is talking about. Therefore 99.99 percent of the people won't have a coincidence but that .01 percent will. It's not as strange when you think about that.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whenever I quote the Simpsons, or remember a scene from an episode... that episode will ALWAYS come on the next time I watch it. It's been happening for a few years now, it's really quite weird.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It happens to me all the time It does seem wierd at the time but not sure you should read into it as anything other than just a coincidence however like I say It does seem to happen to me alot lol

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Doesn't happen to me with the TV, but when people are talking. I'll want to say something, but I'll have to swallow some phlegm or just won't say it when someone else says the exact same thing as I was thinking.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
-not sure you should read into it as anything other than just a coincidence-

How many times is a coincidence a coincidence? Its not that blase* Once, yeah, twice, maybe, thrice, hmmm... Its quite freaky when it happens, actually glad I haven't experienced it for a while won't be too long before I get bored of being mundane and start looking into things deep and mystic confusing myself to the point of near no return and retreating like always... tend to run when things get too deep and come back when its all clear. Looking for the answer to a question but not knowing the question itself. Confusing people on internet sites with odd metaphors and phrases like, ''If you can't cut the cheese then you can't eat it'' and, ''if its round, its not quite oblong'' .lol. I mean come on, syncronicity with a bunch of wires and signals?! Extended mind theories come to focus.

*please add french accent

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I commonly have things like this happen.

I'll be humming a song, turn on the radio, and they'll play the same song.

Another good one, is I'll be heading to a friends house, thinking, or humming a song, and when I get there, my freind starts humming the same song without ever having been able to hear me earlier.

I just shrug it off as either coincidence, or the mind inadvertantly interfering with another mind. Like Electromagnetic interferance between electronic devices.

new topics

top topics

join