It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cnn/msn our front lines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I posted something like this when i first subcribed to ATS, but i posted it in the wrong forum.
I recently saw a show on the history channel the show MAIL CALL where the gunny sgt. host's the show. They did a special on the inside of the old norad and one on the new norad. When they did the show of the new norad there was some stuff they said they could'nt show classified.So when they showed the main HQ center inside norad they had shots of people workin at there desk's one person may have had 5 or 6 computer monitors, and tv's goin all at once , so they could monitor stuff. Some things were covered with something that looked like curtain's with good reason we dont want to give away or show our enimes all of our secrets. But what got me was that they showed the offices watchin tv's at there comand centers, I am sure alot of good news comes from the cnn and msn channels, as they are very near real time. But still makes we wonder if they made it a point kinda of to show that they used the media for there intel. and made a point of showin it why..? I know the news is on the front line.But makin a point to kinda hide it on the show but.. still lettin you see it,to see that we use the media as our intel. So what to make of this and what dis information might the U.S have or use in the media in the event of a majior crisis. What kind of foot hold does the goverment have over our own media.?????????And to use it for information and dis information , Since we use it for intel and dis infromation im sure other countries do the same . I know that they use things on tv to intise us to buy certain items on tv from the comercial's and things put into movies, and we all know this.... so what might the U.S. put in the media to make us and other countries think what they would want us to think. I hope this make sence to you

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Obviously a government organization such as NORAD cannot have intelligence assets in every single place in the world. Sometimes a reporter will see or hear of a major news event before it even gets to our government. For example, we may have a lot of intelligence assets in Israel. But maybe NBC happens to have a reporter in the small Israeli town where a suicide bomber just killed 30 people in the market. He phones his boss at NBC, they put him on the air with his breaking news, and our government ends up learning about the attack from NBC before they hear about it from their sources on the ground.

In this day and age things happen at a much faster pace, and with 24 hour cable news coverage and instant communications, the government is smart to keep an eye on these channels for developing stories. Of course, this could have all been a setup by the person or people at NORAD. Maybe they switched their televisions to those channels as a joke or to mislead certain peoples or foreign governments who rely on programs like Mail Call to get inside looks at our military facilities. But that last one is just a conspiracy theory... not saying I actually believe that!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
yes I am with you on it 100% but what about dis information in the news do you think we would or could use it in the event of a world event?
For instance god forbid another terror attack?
What might we put in or or leave out? If so then the goverment does have some control then.

new topics

join