It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "ghosts" everywhere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It is my opinion that we exist in a series of parallel dimensions and that spirit/ghosts live alongside all of us, with some slipping through the wafer-thin gauze that seperates these dimensions.

Should this be the case, then do WE appear as ghosts to THEM if we were to slip through these gateways?

Also, does this mean that we ALL have ghosts/spirits around us whether in a "haunted house" or not? Perhaps only some of us are in tune with the frequency to recieve their communications.

This is one of the areas my organisation is currently researching and I would be keen to hear peoples thoughts and experiences in this respect.

Ross Hemsworth

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hey nomadrush

In my oppinnion, i would like to think that the ghost of people that have died are around us all, but there are certain things i'd like to say.

A 'ghosts' physical form is not that of a solid structure, im not sure it would be possible for a humans physical form to slip through into these other dimensions.

Also if all the 'ghosts' of humans and animals (if there are human ghosts why not anuimal ones?) then surely these dimensions wouldbe full? after the millions upon millions of different species and evolutions of animals.

I personally like to think that once we die we get reincarnated into another animal on earth. And these 'ghosts' or 'spirits' are people that are trapped in between their past life and the life they will lead once reincarnated. Maybe the old cliche, They have some unfinished business?

well thats my personal oppinnion on the matter.

Wyatt43

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
It is my opinion that we exist in a series of parallel dimensions and that spirit/ghosts live alongside all of us, with some slipping through the wafer-thin gauze that seperates these dimensions.

I am with you on this one, In 1998 I had my own experiance, I had had a very troubling year, some deaths and other things.But I was standing at my back door lookin out when I saw what looked like 3 little white clouds of smoke.It was in an instant when the screen door flew open and the three clouds came at me (spirits I learned to call them later),they hit me so hard it weakened me to the point I could not walk ,as I fell against the wall and draged my body along the wall to the end of the hall where I fell in the floor, and went into a sezure. I have no brain problem as i had a cat scan done. Nothing to explain it but what really happened. I never beleved in ghosts but since this happened to me it has had a VERY big effect on my livin and how I see the world. I swear I would never believe it but fact is it did happen to me. I have no other way to explain it, I have nothing wrong with me to cause this. So since this I have had one other thing happen to me. My brother who me and him never talk since early 90's. I was workin on my basement when it was just like I was in another time and place and me and my brother was like nothing had happened we were on an equal plan it seemed past problems gone and was actually talkin to him and saw him plan as day It was very strange, I did feel out of place like I said in another time and place, and on an equal plain. I would never believe this if someone had told me... But like I said FACT: It did happen to me..... FACT:I have had 2 cat and 1 mri scan done with no ill results. FACT:I was also tested for skitsofrenia at a local mental health hospital and again no ill results. I do believe this would be a good question to ask someone with skitso affective disorder as im sure they might have some good input on this.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I do believe some of us are gifted with this special sight......a gift? or a curse..?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You could start studying a little about Astral Plane and Astral Travels... in this board you could find many topics about them, such as the sticky River Goddess' one.

Because i think a spirit lives in the Astral Plane: there are several "levels" of this Plane, but i'm not going to speak about them because A) i'd go a little off topic, and B) you'll find it on your own pretty easily while studying the subject.

Anyways, i think spirits living in the closest level to our material plane (our normal reality we could say) see and perceive things in a similar way to us, and i could say they live side by side with us. Probably they can see/perceive us, but usually we can't see them because they are "one level" higher than us.

Still it seems that some of us manage to at least perceive them, if not even see them.

Personally, i've never managed to clearly see a spirit (maybe just once when my grandma died), but sometimes i "feel" the presence of someone in my house, sometimes even in my room. Other people felt this presence too (and it wasn't suggestion, because i hadn't spoken of it).

I remember that one night i could feel this presence laying a few inches besides me in my bed, staring right into my eyes. At first i was a little scared by this, probably because it had never happened before, but i managed to calm down and "welcome" it... it lasted for a few seconds, then faded away.

Well, after all, i think i could say we enjoy each other's "company"...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElliottWilson
I do believe some of us are gifted with this special sight......a gift? or a curse..?

as i am one of these people with this "abilty" i can only say in some ways its a gift, in others its a curse.

when i can help people its good, when i cant its a curse.
its a one way street this, you cant ask questions, only recieve.

sometimes i think its a curse from hell, some days i think some god type figure is at the end of it all.

either way i dont like it one bit.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You are cool, Sparhawk.

What makes me think, that you are imitating a dead person's writestyle? I really think, it's the best hoax I have ever seen. But somehow I can't believe, you are the soul behind this script.

Did anyone else realize, that a written scipt, post has an awareness behind it? Funny, but I see this clearly. Understanding thatYOU are someone else than the person supposed to be behind your posts means that you are just not that man. Actually, you are inhuman. But from where?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Huh??

Hammerman, your reply is pretty puzzling... maybe there's some language barrier that doesn't allow me to properly understand you, since english isn't my common language, but if i've properly understood, i can assure you two things:

1- i'm not trying to deceive anyone: everything i write is based upon either personal experience, or about things learned from more expert people than me. Still there's always the chance i could be mistaken and thus write wrong things, but surely i don't want to mock anyone

2- imitating a dead person's writestyle? i'm someone else?? i'm finding that pretty hard to understand... i mean, i think i'm myself for sure, i don't have many doubts about it!!!

Could you explain yourself better, please?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ghost living among us are everywhere,those are the ones who can't be reborned yet and are waiting to be reborn,they are usually the ones who weren't bad enough to go to hell and or good enough to get into heaven,they are just in the middle,so they live in the "ghost world" theres alot of them too.
these ghosts aren't nesscessarily bad though,they just live like we do but we don't see them,they see us,their even scared of us as much as we're scared of them that's why we don't see many of them,my dad said his uncle rubbed some type of leaf over his eyes and it enables you to see ghosts for 3 days i think and he said that the ghosts are bright orange and they have no kneecaps so they walk stiff or seem to hover around..just my lil insight through what buddhism taught me about this and stuff and family too

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Could you try and find out what kind of leaf it was? And was there some kind of ritual to perform, or just rubbing it on the eyes is ok?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
is there much studt on this and the use of drugs? I know that some indians use a form of catcus (hope I spelled that right) or herb to reach a higher place on a spiritual plane. Perhaps this has real posibalites and we has just passed then up with time? The forgoten art of the Indians and there spiritual quests?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't remember the forum rules about that D word, but i'd suggest you edit and change it.

Anyways, as far as i know, no, you don't need to use anything: training and and practice are enough.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
I don't remember the forum rules about that D word, but i'd suggest you edit and change it.

Anyways, as far as i know, no, you don't need to use anything: training and and practice are enough.

Dog Dip Doodle aka I Don't really care
next?

Perhaps you should care.
When you joined ATS you agrred to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
If you have not already done so, I suggest you read through them ASAP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I know what you are saying.
I'm not what people would call a believer, but some events that happen have no scientific explanation, and the only explanation is that of the supernatural one.
I only believe in 'Ghosts' because I have witnessed things that I cannot ignore that would convince anybody, except for the people who refuse to believe.
I have had multiple experiences, all surround the same core topic, that topic being seeing things, not feeling things, but seeing shapes, shadows, and other things. You definately see them, most people I tell don't believe you have actually seen them, but I hope my shared experiences will be valued here.
One of my friends, his father experienced something that he did not tell many people that if you heard, you cant help but believe. It involved one of his past jobs, I forget what the job was but it was something in a factory, a few years ago a man who worked in this factory had died at work because of a machinery fault, a year or so later another man met the same untimely incident and died of a machinery accident. My friends father did not witness the death, but came over and the dead man was laid on the floor, and the man who had died there previously was floating above his body, this was only witnessed by 2 people, the 'Ghost' said something, but neither of them will divulge what was spoken. Both men left the job and have only spoken about it once and have since then pretended to forget it.

You can choose to not believe this story if you want, but this is helps support my theory that the dead walk the earth as supernatural beings.
I believe this because I no that this story is not a bogus 'camp fire' story, I was with the man when he told it for the only time in his life, and seeing the fear in his eyes was the only proof that I would ever need.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Could you try and find out what kind of leaf it was? And was there some kind of ritual to perform, or just rubbing it on the eyes is ok?

it's just rubbing it over you eyes,my dad says he don't know the name but its a tree leaf from Laos/Thailand.
there are many other ways to see ghosts too,one of which is calling ghosts to feed them..it involves you sitting down with like a platter of food,and you sit there with the food on the side and you have a rice bowl and you keep tapping it with two chopsticks in one hand,and you keep on tapping it until the ghosts comes.doing this your not calling only one ghost..your calling all the ghosts to come eat near the place you are at. and i forgot what happens if you break the bowl by tapping it,but you keep tapping until the ghosts finish eating i think..i'm not sure if there is a ritual to do before hand either,i don't recall there being one.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There are some very intersting answers here.

As a long time scientific researcher of strange phenomena, I personally believe that 95% of alleged activity is explainable rationally and logically, BUT that 5% that's left intrigues me.

It is difficult to scientifically investigate something thta we cannot see or understand, but at the very least, we can attempt to TRY to understand it.

Always remember however, that the paranormal is only that which doesn't fit into that little box we all like to call "normal"!

Ross

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Totally agree with you... what seems paranormal to us, could be normal everyday (more or less) routine in other cultures, such as shamanic one

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
There are some very intersting answers here.

As a long time scientific researcher of strange phenomena, I personally believe that 95% of alleged activity is explainable rationally and logically, BUT that 5% that's left intrigues me.

It is difficult to scientifically investigate something thta we cannot see or understand, but at the very least, we can attempt to TRY to understand it.

Always remember however, that the paranormal is only that which doesn't fit into that little box we all like to call "normal"!

Ross

that's agreeable

but if you ever wanted to step out the "box" and see more things you'd never see anywhere else,go to Laos or Thailand..there's many many types of "phi" which is like monster/ghosts in laos and thai,but i'm not talking about places in the city,you got to go to villages and ask them to show you,if you really want to see some scary stuff;find a "moh phi" which is ghost/monster doctor in laos/thai,one of the things they could show you is the "ghost extract"

it is when some person wants pretty much a love potion,to get the girl or man of their dreams,so they'll pay the "moh phi" to go get it for them,the moh phi would go with his whats the word for like followers? apprentice? that training to be strong as him or her,so they go to the forest or where ever there was a dead body,they would dig the body up and tie white string around them in a square away from the body and the moh phi would start chanting some black magic language and then the body would sit up and the moh phi would use his candle and have the flame of the candle burn the dead body's chin and an oil would start dripping from the dead body's chin and that oil would be put in a little jar by the apprentice of the moh phi.

i don't remember how they make the deadbody rest,but if the moh phi isn't strong enough,he would probably die because the ghost could be stronger then him and take him/take his soul or make him very sick to the point where he has a highly possible chance of dying.

my uncle had one of this love potion from some laos guy in fresno,and the girl my uncle used the potion on,after they "fell in love" somehow the girl started to hate him and i don't really know what happened but she died.
and my uncle knew what this potion effect was..they love you for a while then they'll start to hate you. so he gave it away to somebody and after a while he found his wife and they been together for a while and the ghost appeared in their room one day or night and started bothering my uncle's wife like pulling her off the bed and whatnot,so they got a monk and pretty much told the ghost that

"what was done to her was wrong and your not living amongst the living anymore,your dead,your a ghost, and you need to go reborn,you didn't do anything wrong,just let them live their life and you go start over" but not just easy like that,the monk performed rituals and stuff at the house and the ghost went and reborned i guess because she stopped bothering them.

long long story huh?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
how many times have we all sat there and felt like there was someone behind us ?
how many times has the phone went and we knew who it was before hand.
how many times have we thought about someone and then met or seen them that very day.

its in us all.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
how many times have we all sat there and felt like there was someone behind us ?
how many times has the phone went and we knew who it was before hand.
how many times have we thought about someone and then met or seen them that very day.

its in us all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join