It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are Only 3 Dimensions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Think about it this way...

We have our 5 senses... Anything not detectable to those senses, to us, doesn't really exist. As science progresses, we learn about other forces, etc. that DO exist, even though our 5 senses fail to detect them.... Yet, we only know of their existence because we have instruments that translate it into something dectable through our existing senses....i.e. we see the needle jump on an electricity meter, etc.

There could be (and likely are) MANY, MANY things out there in the Universe (or even right next to us), that we simply don't know about simply because we lack the senses to detect them....

Consider if you were deaf and blind (from birth). Your idea of "reality" would be FAR different from that of a normal person. Perhaps we too are deaf and blind in senses that are possessed by other beings or forces in the Universe?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Should, would you, could you, please retype your post so it's not all-caps? Thank you.

As for our observations of time - well, time is relative. To a 5 year old, one year is a fifth of his life! However, to someone who's 57, one more year is really an insignificant little thing. However, time is going out the same speed for both - it's just that their perceptions and circumstances give more weight and impact to the events that transpire in that time period.

Now, the 4th dimension is spatial - like all the others. It has a length to it. However, it is not physical. We can percieve the 4th dimension through memory - however, we cannot interact with the 4th dimension. Instead, we are caught in its ongoing flow. We will master and feel time to a much greater extent when we can control it - but for now it's out of our reach.

Ummm, no.
Accoring to relitivity, time is relative to gravity and velocity.

If you left earth at 90% of the speed of light, traveled a minute out and a minute back, 2 min round trip to you, 4.588315 minutes to the people you left behind and came back to.

For those who disbelieve, goto this site and do the math yourself
www.walter-fendt.de...

You were completely wrong about the relativity of time my friend, though I did like the attempt.

The faster you travel the longer it will appear to take you from the outside.
Also if the trip takes more time it will take even longer to the outside.
The reason light speed travel or faster than light travel for that matter is impossible is because you get a divide by 0 error

As for there being only 3 dimensions, the world is also flat because you can't see the curve and the earth is the center of the universe because the sun moon and stars revolve around it.
When you drive your car the earth moves under your tires while you remain stationary in space.

All these concepts are true, from the view of the observer, but from the view points of different observers, the real truth comes out.

truth is in the eye of the beholder, however beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

[edit on 10-1-2006 by mrjones]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It was a comment to be thought about philosophically - not physically. Of course true relativity of time is much different, as you showed. However, one poster before me mentioned the other kind of relativity of time, that of perspective, not of natural force. Sorry for your misunderstanding.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I liked your view point, I felt it necessary to point out how relativity actually works, not as philosophy but as reality so as to help educate people who read this thread.
I'm sure some people would have read your post and been confused by it and believe that is what physical relativity was, hence why I felt the need to correct it.

Never underestimate the ignorance of others, always be willing to teach them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join