It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Globalization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Globalization is a word being praised by economic forecasters. Globalization is also a variable or function if you will that provides a forecaster for military action. Terrorist activity is also a factor for military action or a variable. To understand the equation we must examine the exercise.

MNC – Multi National Corporation

In 1966 there were 44,000 MNCs worldwide with 280,000 foreign subsidiaries and global sales of almost $7 trillion. Today, they account for 25-33% of world output and 70% of world trade. A small number of MNCs dominate world markets for oil, minerals, foods and other agricultural products, while a hundred or so play a leading role in the globalization of manufacturing production and service. Together, the 100 largest MNCs control about 20% of global assets, employ 6 million workers worldwide, and account for almost 30% of total world sales of all MNCs.

www.csulb.edu...

According to Euromonitor (1999) in terms of share of world value sales (measured in US dollars), the top ten manufacturers of domestic appliances in 1998 were:
1. Whirlpool Corp. (US) 10.8%
2. Electrolux AB (Sweden) 10.0%
3. General Electric (Appliances)(US) 6.4%
4. Matsu#a Electric (Japan) 5.7%
5. Bosch-Siemens Hausgerate (Germany) 5.2%
6. Sharp Co. (Japan) 3.2%
7. Maytag Corp. (US) 3.2%
8. Toshiba Corp. (Japan) 2.7%
9. Hitachi Corp. (Japan) 2.4%
10. Haier Group (China) 2.4%
Source: Euromonitor: Global Market Information Database, Domestic Appliances: A World Survey, April 1999.
From this we see that the five largest corporations control 38.8% of the market and of this the two largest corporations control 20.8%, or one fifth of the global whitegoods market. The largest ten control 52.7%.
This concentration of power enables the biggest to become even more proactive in the take over wars, which then accelerate further rationalizations. So for example, in 1982 there were 350 corporations producing whitegoods in Europe. In a mere decade, this was slashed by two thirds to 100 companies (thats a lot of closures). Nearly a decade later, in 2000, a mere 15 companies controlled 80% of the European market.

GE has become one of the worlds largest MNC, operating in 34 countries with an annual revenue greater than the GDP of all but 48 countries in the UN.
www.kctu.org...

When talking about military globalization you must understand that as a basis for an equation the UN can be called GM or Global Military, whereas the U.S. military can be called MS or Military Strength. Now the cause of motion is called dynamics. Variables include force, energy, pressure and power. As you know mass is defined by acceleration and force is required to change momentum. This is a very important factor in understanding military movement. Momentum will not change economically or politically unless force is provided. Now what is inertia mass? Inertia is the resistance to changes in velocity. Now force is required to change the “potential” energy of an object or regime.

What this simply means here is discussing troop movement, and pullout, terrorist activity, and economic factors all relate to one another based on mass, force, energy, pressure and power. When discussing what strategy the U.S. should utilize and public reaction to such, one cannot form an accurate opinion without weighing the variables. To do so is the same as looking at an algebra exercise and stating what the answer is without understanding the equation, or solving for such.

Lets write some variables.

PC – Population Control
MS - Military Strength
GM - Global Military
EC – Economic Conditions
EM – Economic Mass (dollars)
NE – Non-renewable Energy (petroleum, natural gas, coal, uranium)

Momentum is mass times velocity. Keep in mind momentum has quantity, size, and direction and is made up of mass. Velocity and momentum have the same direction.

Momentum = EM(MS)

Momentum is directly proportional to mass. If you slow the velocity of an object then momentum will also slow. Without mass you have no momentum. How does momentum affect U.S. economy and military movement? Keep in mind momentum is directly proportional to mass. Therefore, if EM (economic mass) is constant then MS, military strength is constant as is momentum. Remember the variables. This basic equation also states, in order to continue momentum, population control must be maintained. In order to continue military strength times EM (economic mass) population control must be maintained.

With variables you can gauge military movement or what a country is about to do.

Mod Edit: Fixed Links.

[edit on 28/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
*scratches head*
I am lost here:
How does this relate to the War on Terrorism?
What is the point or purpose of all this that you have presented?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't know how you can ask that question,

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Umm, but I did, and apparently from the lack of commentary to your topic, I may not be alone in asking what I did.

Are you seeking discussion or simply a place to plop down information?
The questions were not asked to discredit or upset you. I failed to see what the point of all this information you presented was. Normally, as with real life, when does not understand something, one normally asks for clarification and clarification takes the form of questions, as I asked of you.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What is the point you are trying to make?
It really is very hard to follow.
I couldn't make much sense of it either.
Don't shoot the messenger.....clarify what you are trying to say.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You stated that you were lost and I believe that is accurate. If you fail to understand what was posted then why comment?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Gotcha mate. No harm no fool.
Carry on while I move on.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I agree with these guys, you atleast have to tell us what all this information means, or what you think it mean's !
Is it some world wide conspiracy ? or just stuff you made up ? or ?

You said this " With variables you can gauge military movement or what a country is about to do." so does that mean that you beleive your formula here can predict the action's of countries/army's ?

Im now more confused by asking this lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Care to expand on your post?

top topics

join