It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is a test site, nothing else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have noticed lately a concious separation from Area 51 and the UFO connection lately. Now that we have a few years under our Area 51 belts, I believe it is clear that no alien technology exists at Area 51. Bob Lazar and S-4 seem to have gone by the wayside. I believe the F(B)-117 was responsible for the many UFO sightings in the 80's and early 90's. Think about it, the year is 1985 and you are on Tikaboo or the Powerlines Overlook at midnight and the F(B)-117 flies over. Of course you are gonna think it is an alien craft. no other airframe the world has ever known looks like this. Same for the B-2 Spirit. As far as Aurora goes, it may or may not exist, but if it does, it is just a technological extension of the SR-71, which if you saw flying over Area51 in the 70's would look like a alien craft also.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Furthermore, if you read the book Skunk Works by Ben Rich you will realize that the development of the U-2, F-104, SR-71, F(B)-117, etc are just technological advancements in airframe design, along with the lessons learned from the German engineers, scientists, and designers. It basically boiled down to wanting to go higher, faster and farther, and having the monetary and creative support to develop the airfames.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The problem is that the SR-71, F-117 and B-2 all sound and behave like airplanes. As far as I know they aren't capable of doing fantastically bizarre maneuvers. Also, I can't think of any UFO flaps from the 70s or 80s where the objects being seen match the description of the Stealth fighter or SR-71. The newer triangle phenomenon might match the B-2, but it started around the same time the B-2 was introduced to the public.

I seriously doubt the stealths the SR-71, or the U-2 would have been confused with an alien spacecraft. Well, maybe a spaceship out of Buck Rogers, but not a traditional UFO/flying saucer. If anything these planes might have been responsible for "Aurora" sightings.

[edit on 12/27/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This site is the definative authority on Area 51, IMHO

www.dreamlandresort.com...

I am sure most of you are familiar with it, but for you newbies, it is mandatory reading. This man has probably spent more time researching and observing Area 51 that anyone else. His conclusions are eye opening. Notice that the 1st thing he says is "This is not a UFO site. If you are looking for ET go elsewhere"

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
The problem is that the SR-71, F-117 and B-2 all sound and behave like airplanes. As far as I know they aren't capable of doing fantastically bizarre maneuvers. Also, I can't think of any UFO flaps from the 70s or 80s where the objects being seen match the description of the Stealth fighter or SR-71. The newer triangle phenomenon might match the B-2, but it started around the same time the B-2 was introduced to the public.

I seriously doubt the stealths the SR-71, or the U-2 would have been confused with an alien spacecraft. Well, maybe a spaceship out of Buck Rogers, but not a traditional UFO/flying saucer. If anything these planes might have been responsible for "Aurora" sightings.

[edit on 12/27/2005 by Flinx]

I guess my main point is that the majority of the evidence suggests there are no alien craft at Area 51, and while this was a major conspiacy theory of the 80's and 90's, it has died down dramatically as we begin to learn more about the base and the aircraft developed and tested there

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No doubt a test site - but, care to explain the Mach7+ thingy that was picked up by the seismic sensors in CA heading toward Area 51 back in the early 90's. It was well documented and given our current metal and composite tech, that would pretty much cook any airframe - so what the heck is that thing..??

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The f-117, B2 etc do not look, behave, sound, or do anything UFO like.

And the spyplanes of the 60s?? I doubt they spawned any UFO sightings.

I don't think its a fact that area 51 is just a normal test site. Its a very special kind of test site at least.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The point is that, although the Groom Lake test site (once known as Area 51) is a test facility for exotic, state-of-the-art aircraft technology, it has nothing whatsoever to do with extraterrestrial spacecraft or aliens.

The people who work there, and those who have worked there over the past half century, think the whole Area 51-Alien mythos is ridiculous. Some laugh at it. Others are exasperated by it. The publicity and attention generated by the Bob Lazar flying saucer stories, the "Aurora" snipe hunt, UFO and "black" airplane chasers, etc. has actually impeded to some degree the work that goes on there.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Totally agree with you Shadow. Lazar's ridiculous story brought unwanted attention to the area. The state of Nevada actually named the closest highway the ET highway. I believe even without Lazar's story, there would be a few hardcore enthusiasts watching the base from afar, but nothing like the level it is at now.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bob Lazar and S-4 have gone by the way said because Lazar doesn't like to talk about it anymore. He runs United Nuclear in the Sandia Mountains of NM and meets with high level government/military officials from around the world. He's busy and I'm sure his deals with them are based on his silence on S-4.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So i guess his career as a pimp did not work out for him?

Pity!

[edit on 1-1-2006 by zoso28]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Folks, Groom Lake is a reseach facility! That is all that has ever been there. Sure, some of the test planes they fly look really weird, but they were built on this planet by human hands.

For the Record, the only thing at Groom Lake that could be called alien is a fleet of Migs! They come all the way from Russia! Alien in this case has NOTHING to do with ET. It only referrs to something that doesn't come from the USA (That's why the People that sneak into the US from Mexico are called illegal aliens).

Tim

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Area-51 does exist and is a test site but WHAT are they testing and WHAT are they doing?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
During the last two decades alone they have been testing between seven and 11 classified manned aircraft technology demonstrators and prototypes, and an unknown number of unmanned vehicles.

This is cutting edge military technology, developed by the best technical minds in the U.S. military-industrial complex. No extraterrestrial spaceships. No alien autopsies. Just MILSPEC hardware, software, and avionics. The Groom Lake test site is also being used to verify survivability (through "stealth" and EW) of our aircraft against foreign threats (tracking and missile radar, IR sensors, etc.).

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
After Area 51 got all the media attention, im pretty sure there's nothing special about that place right now. There might have been several years ago, but not now. Any guards patrolling the area is probably only for making up the cover.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In the past 5 years there has been alot of construction and personel activity at Area 51 so i would disagree that it has scaled down or is just a diversion from the "real" Area 51. Plus with the nearest spot to view the base being 26 miles away(Tikaboo), after the last land grab, I would say the base is very much in business. Check out www.dreamlandresort.com... for info on the latest construction.

P.S.- I am sure it is just a matter of time before Tikaboo is off limits as well

[edit on 10-1-2006 by zoso28]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by zoso28]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They are not spending millions of dollars on new runways and hangars merely as a "cover" to distract people from some other test site.

Other indications of major activity at Groom include improvements to aircraft parking ramps and fuel storage facilities, and the large volume of personnel commuter traffic into the base by air (JANET flights) and land (buses and personal vehicles).

Over the last two decades, the Air Force Flight Test Center detachment at Groom has grown from a small organization into an entire Test Wing with several groups and numerous squadrons.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
They are not spending millions of dollars on new runways and hangars merely as a "cover" to distract people from some other test site.

How True! Groom Lake like every other military facility is updated every so often. The base has been for research since it was created in the 1950's. As far as security is concerned, the location is ideal. Groom Lake is surrounded by mountains, making it impossible to see from ground level once the mountains were seized. Groom Lake is also within an existing facility, the Nellis Range Complex. Accoriding to our latest information, the base is expanding. this would suggest that they are plannning something big, if they need more space.

Tim

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
...Accoriding to our latest information, the base is expanding...

What kind of information do you have that suggests
the base is expanding?

Sarge

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The proof of the base expanding can be found on the new panorama taken in August of last year and seen at www.dreamlandresort.com...
I have seen increased vehicle traffic thru the Rachel Gate (back gate) over the last six months. Contractor vehicles with heavy equipment come and go on a daily basis.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join