It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream hijacking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I once had a dream that seemed as if it was deliberatly hijacked by a demon or some malevolent force, and i am just wondering if this sort of thing has happend to anyone else.
I have had sleep paralysis happen to me frequently in the past but this instance was diffrent because i didnt just find myself awake, but it was as if something broke into my dream, and sent it all to hell forcing me to wake up and enter a sleep paralysis state.
this is what happend, i dreamed i was back home in maryland driving some curving back country roads that go threw heavy trees. I am very used to those roads and i love driving so i was enjoying the dream and did not realize i was dreaming. I came around one last curve and this is when my dream turned bad fast.
all of a sudden every light and alarm on my dashboard came on. then some emergancy buzzers started blaring and my steering wheel went hard to the left and locked sending me into a thick pine forest.
right as my car slammed into the trees I woke up into a typical sleep paralysis state: not being able to move, pressure on the chest, having something menacing right next to me and it seemed to me this being was screaming in my ear the loudest most rage filled scream i have ever heard. this went on for 10 seconds before i was able to pull my self out of it and wake up for real.
so i know there are many on this board that have had sleep paralyisis but did it ever seem that your dream was delibratly hijacked in order to send you into that state?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've had HUNDREDS of these dreams, and unfortunately the reason why is not pleasant.

Dreams can be controlled by ELF transmissions. These are for programmed individuals to trigger and activate them for a certain purpose. Not saying you are programmed, but I'd do more research if I were you.

Here is the thread to the Mind-Control and Programming thread. I will be writing about 'how can you tell if you are programmed' a little while later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Before I understood what sleep paralysis was all about I have the same experiences that you mention, they would leave me scare and vulnerable.

One day I decided to let the paralysis take over and not fight it, it was the first of many beautiful experiences after that.

In my case it ended in something pleasant.

Occurs sometimes what you experience and feel is your own fears of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think I know what you're talking about here by it feeling hijacked. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream, which for some reason I still remember vividly, that disturbed me.

'We' (There were other people, but I can't remember who they were) were going into a house to throw a party in it, it was not our house. I remember feeling happy and elated, there was talking and laughing. We came in the house through the garage for some reason and went inside. It was at this point that I think the 'hijacking', as you call it, occured. There was a overwhelmingly loud barking and growling. I remember panicking and not knowing where it was coming from, then walking over to a glass door in the back of the house.

Looking out it in the backyard there were 3 black dogs/wolves devouring something in a flower garden. Blood, torn flesh, everywhere...all offset in the middle of flowers. One of the dogs 'noticed' me and spun around then came right up to the glass door and sat down staring at me. I could see it perfectly, I could draw this thing if I had any artistic talent...that's just how bad the image was burned into my brain.

It was solid black, even the skin on it was black, only partial patches of fur all over it. It's eyes were milky white and did not blink, they looked like the eyes of a person who has gone blind almost. The thing just sat there growling, but made no move toward me. For some reason, I opened the door and approached it. It looked me over for a moment then licked my hand and left blood tinged saliva all over it. I know you're not supposed to 'feel' things in dreams, but I felt this contact with it and it sent chills through me. After sitting there as if expecting me to do something, it just turned around and walked away. That's when I woke up.

When I woke up, I could not move and I heard noises all through the apartment. It sounded like someone was beating on my front door trying to get in...then silence and I could move again. The whole experience was surreall.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
yeah fiveby5 that is exactly what im talking about.
the main diffrence is that unlike most bad dreams that are just bad to begin with, these dreams started out as fun and enjoyable and carefree. you and I can pinpoint the exact moment that "whatever it is" got in the dream and turned it bad. we were then forced to be awakened in a semi-sleep/semi-concious no mans land where these things live and they can torment us. you say youve heard noises, like pounding on doors and things, have anyone of you ever heard voices? what did they say?

ive heard wispering, coherant voices in english, and the worst were screams (never the screams of a scared person, but the screams of someone who is enraged) and then there is the laughter like you would hear from some demented person taunting an injured animal.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
marg6043

im curious
i would never think to give up against these things. i can normally tell where the entity is in the room just by the intense aura of pure hatred radiating from it. why would you give up?

and since you did im curious
what happend?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
... have anyone of you ever heard voices? what did they say?

ive heard wispering, coherant voices in english, and the worst were screams (never the screams of a scared person, but the screams of someone who is enraged) and then there is the laughter like you would hear from some demented person taunting an injured animal.

I remember noises more than anything I would call a voice, whatever was being 'said' did not sound like coherent english to me. I vaguely remember something over the beating on the door...but the beating on the door was so *loud* that it was almost impossible to hear over it. I couldn't understand why my fiancee` didn't hear anything at all, it sounded like something akin to a battering ram.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i can normally tell where the entity is in the room
just by the intense aura of pure hatred radiating from it.

You've reminded me of a situation I had for three years.
I lived in Japan. The building I was in was haunted - or
spooked is more likely. There was something in the
building that HATED. When it arrived and was next to
you, you could feel it just as you could feel a bonfire
if you were standing next to it. The hate was huge ...
AND you could tell it was directed at you.

When something hates you that much ... and in that manner,
there is no mistaking it. There were 6 or 7 of us who worked
in that building who all felt it and were aware of it.

I'll tell ya' what .. I never made friends with it or gave in.
If I had it wouldn't have done any good. It was just pure hate.

Sleep paralysis and entities are usually two different things.
When a hate entity is around you can see the difference
between that and sleep paralysis. There is no mistake.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i have had both sleep paralysis and dream attacks and the difference for me was that in the "attack" i could definetly feel the presence of another being holding not only my body but my very MIND in check.I was literally unable to even THINK of a way out of its grasp.Fortunately i,being a man of faith,was able to think of one thing, that being the name i use to describe the Deity, and instantly upon thinking this Name i was whisked out of the plane of the attack.
I am also intrigued by the symbolism in your dream.While dream symbols are imo highly subjective to the dreamer, i have found that driving a car or such has often correlated to living life, in my own dreams.When the vehicle was out of control or about to crash or going too fast....etc.,i found it quite relevant to my life situation at the time.Just a thought...
By the way...i have found that the one thing negatively motivated spirits cannot abide is agape type love.Selfless, unafraid, unqualified love has the effect of banishing these unsrupulous spirits back to the lower planes they try to trap you in.
Up the Love and Light

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
FlyersFan

yeah that hate is something else. i know exactly what youre talking about. i have never met a person in real life that i felt hated me one fraction of how much this thing did, and ive met alot of haters hahah. this being seemed to disaprove of my very existance, and i had no idea what was going on or why. very odd, definatly not something i would want to give into, anything that hates you that much cant have anything good planned for you.

about what you said about entities and sleep paralysis
i agree and disagree
i know what you mean about feeling that feeling of hate and having something watching you in a room. that is also something ive exsperianced
animals seem to sense it (the presance) too. but that is when your awake.
they also seem to be very active between 2 and 3 am. when doing all nighters ive felt it strong around that time but by 4 and 5 am i feel no extra presence. its just as dark outside and im still alone but hate and feeling of being watched are gone. ive heard other people say this too.

I also agree that there are two types of sleep paralysis:

1)random sleep paralysis where you wake up and cant move but you have no sensation of "entities" being present. you simply try and move your arm still you wake up. no feeling of impending doom. no urgency.

2)induced sleep paralysis, where something is waiting for you and attacks you. an urgent feeling of "oh crap" is present.

i think that when you are asleep and in certain levels of sleep, you slip from a purely physical reality to a spirtitual one. many people exspend huge amounts of effort getting into similar states of being through meditation, mind altering drugs, hypnotism, and trances but with sleep paralysis you dont go looking for it, it finds you.

my personal belief is that these entitys (or demons as i call them) know that if this transition is interupted (like in sleep paralysis or a trance like state) then you are trapped in their reality, a spiritual one, and they can terrorize you at their own will, or show you wonderfull things if they are trying to decieve you.

how do they interupt the process?
well dream hijacking in this case.
in other cases i have been snapped out of a dream by a voice (not a physical one, but one you would hear in your head but not coming from yourself. more like telepathic)
two nights ago i was awakend by a very rapid tapping noise coming from my bedstand or window. a tapping like someone would do to catch you attention very rapid sucession very urgent sounding...but i know what they are trying to do now and i dont give them what they need to create stronger manifestations...fear. you can almost feel them leave.

i agree with allisoneisall that these things cant stand love.
most of the exspirances i am relating happend quite a while ago and they dont happen to me anymore, because i have found that through trusting in jesus and having faith that they cant harm you and they will leave you alone. but these things used to attack me very frequently and after reading some other posts by people who have exsperianced this, im still curious about how it is they are able to interact with us, and how their interactions are always negative in one way or another.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In Nag Hammadi texts in mentions when people belive that their dreams are caused y Demons this will be a sign of sorts. If I remember I will look it up and post direct quote later. Unless someone knows of it please post.

top topics

join