It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 years since the Rendlesham lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

More than 100 people are expected to gather in a Suffolk forest on Tuesday night to mark 25 years since a famous UFO sighting.
During the nights of 26 and 27 December 1980, US servicemen at RAF Woodbridge and Bentwaters reported mysterious lights in Rendlesham Forest.

The strange lights included a glowing metallic triangle and a hovering object with red and blue lights.

UFO enthusiasts are hoping there might be more sightings during the night.

Brenda Butler, a local resident who has written about the events of 1980, believes the sightings of 25 years ago were real.

Patrol car lights

"People who were coming up the Butley Road and who were in Woodbridge, Melton, Leiston and all around the area saw structured craft," she said.

"And that's not the first time - we can go way back to the 1600s and we've had lights in the sky and in the forest."

In 2003, Kevin Conde, a former US security policeman said he had been responsible for the lights in the forest.

He said he and another airman shined patrol car lights through the trees and made noises on a loudspeaker as a prank.

"We just drove through the forest flashing the lights through the fog," he said.

Despite Mr Conde's claim, some witnesses do not believe they saw patrol car lights in Rendlesham Forest.

US Air Force Sergeant John Burroughs said: "The blue lights coming down from the sky...I still have never heard of any technology capable of doing what I saw happening."

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"We just drove through the forest flashing the lights through the fog," he said.

Despite Mr Conde's claim, some witnesses do not believe they saw patrol car lights in Rendlesham Forest.

LMAO, patrol lights???

Thats like saying the Roswell incident was all down to 'swamp gas', lol

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've always found rendelsham to be a fascinating case.

First I find it hard to believe that these guys would be so easily fooled by things such as car lights and I believe it was either a lighthouse or some sort of airport beacon or something (haven't looked at the case in a while).

Having said that however, I have always thought it could be something else entirely.

For one thing it was the 80's and we had that whole better dead than red thing going on. The CIA was still running fast and loose and paranoia was the watch word of the day.

Rendelsham being out in the country is the perfect place to run a sort of psy-op batch. Perhaps the CIA and British Intelligence were testing a psychotropic drug that allowed those "dosed" with it to experience similar hallucinations. I don't know much about MI5 and MI6 (SIS in general really) so not sure who would be involved.

But think about it, you've got a group of soldiers out in the forest, the perfect test group.

Also, I would think that a drug like that could prove incredibly powerful in the intelligence game. You could make a whole group of people see and experience whatever you want them too...creepy.

Though I don't know how the heck you'd ever be able to concoct such a serum...unless your Batman or something.

Anyhoo, just a crackpot theory that noodles around in my brain now and again.

So happy anniversary alleged rendelsham encounter, this probes for you baby!

Spiderj

join