It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Buffalo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I remember reading about this somewhere on ATS, but i can't find it using the search function.

Something about when a white buffalo was born, it would mark the beginning of the end? And that this is a Native American belief?

I also remember reading that a white buffalo was born a few years ago.

Any help? Ideas?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
I remember reading about this somewhere on ATS, but i can't find it using the search function.

Something about when a white buffalo was born, it would mark the beginning of the end? And that this is a Native American belief?

Any help? Ideas?

The end has begun since 2001..i havent herd anything about a white buffalo being born..but it could have happened..btw i like you avatar..rage against the machine was a good band..to bad they split up...they had a powerful message

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Any help? Ideas?

Here is some Native American information on the white buffalo. As you can tell by the link, the birth of such an albino animal may not be an ill omen. The stories provided are Sioux and Lakota, but a quick google search will find you many more informative sites.

I imagine, when the buffalo ranged acroos the prairies in immense numbers, that seeing an albino would be an unusual, but not so rare experience,

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here are a few links for you (ATS Discussions). I think the first two are dead-on the exact subject. The last two are slightly related and might be of interest.

NEWS: White bison born near Flagstaff

This white buffalo is unique as it links to 9/11

Order of the Buffalo

Rare Black Deer Born

[edit on 27-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
btw i like you avatar..rage against the machine was a good band..to bad they split up...they had a powerful message

Yes they are by far my favorite band. I was so upset when they broke up, they were coming to my city for a concert that year, but obviously I didn't get to see them because of that. Audioslave isn't quite the same

Originally posted by masqua

Here is some Native American information on the white buffalo. As you can tell by the link, the birth of such an albino animal may not be an ill omen. The stories provided are Sioux and Lakota, but a quick google search will find you many more informative sites.

Yea I googled some similar sites but it wasn't quite what i was looking for. Thank you though.

Originally posted by dbates
Here are a few links for you (ATS Discussions). I think the first two are dead-on the exact subject. The last two are slightly related and might be of interest.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by dbates]

Yes exactly what I was looking for. Thank you dbates

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This may also be of interest: Animals & Prophecy

seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I did a Google image search for white buffalo and they had tons of pictures.

But I also came across other albino animals, the giraffe is kinda cool, but I'd love to give the little deer a cuddle.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

But I also came across other albino animals, the giraffe is kinda cool, but I'd love to give the little deer a cuddle.

I was actually lucky enough to see an albino deer in person.

I used to hunt, and there are stories about if you kill an albino deer, you have bad luck for the rest of your life. Some hunters even died the same year they killed the deer.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Many native cultures the word over heralded the birth of an albino animal as a sign or portent. The Indians used the buffalo, the Africans used the lions and elephants and giraffes. The aboriginals used the albino kangaroo. It is such an unusual event in nature that superstitious cultures who were afraid of things different, would interpret it as a sign. Just as comets heralded sings and portents as well.

There is some facinating legends surrounding the "white" animal throughout the world but the white buffalo legends are especially fascinating from a native people who lived on the land and who walked with the spirits.

top topics

join