It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New robot from japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Imagine one of these robots ten years from now in your living room, your kid trips the robot and it instinctively (because it has been programmed and has scanned it's place within the room) does a forward roll and is up again with no issue.

They could probably program "roll" if the bot could recognise it's position in space, the bi-mechanics of the motion could most likely be learned from human counterparts similar to the suits used for sports motion capturing and animation.

Then imagine your military version, not only can it run fearlessly down the road terminating aquired hostile targets but it can engage in hand to hand combat, it has been programmed with Ju-Jitsu, Kempo, Ninjitsu, and various other lethal combative arts.

The bots can't move as we do yet but look how far we have come already.

They may end up being the security force of the future police states, no compromise, no corruption, no feeling.

Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Originally posted by stmichael
There was an error on the first post??? i will try again, the last letter t should not have been inserted,
www.wimp.com...

OK, this is a robot, not the guy dancing.

I think previously he put www.wimp.com...

Right this is what he was passing off as a robot. I'm sure it wasn't to deceive. Its amazing what one letter will do.

i copy/pasted the site on another forum,then it got transferred here by the moderator, probably my mistake,

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had never seen it run before
,,,kinda spooky

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt
They may end up being the security force of the future police states, no compromise, no corruption, no feeling.

Ever see the movie, 'The Day the Earth Stood Still!'
An alien (Klaatu) with his mighty robot (Gort) land their spacecraft on cold war Earth just after the end of World War II. They bring an important message for the planet which Klaatu wishes to tell to representatives of all nations. Klaatu tells us in the movie that there is no crime on his planet because robots are the inforcers. If you are caught breaking the law then Gort and his pals just vaporize you! Worked for them!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

People wouldn't think twice about shooting a robot to stop them.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

People wouldn't think twice about shooting a robot to stop them.

wouldn't an EMP gun work?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When the Robot sets you as a target it will not be effected by adrenaline dump or fear, it won't miss.

Sure humans will most likely develop counter measures, we would probably see backyard anti robot devices being used in urban gorilla style fighting, not sure about EMPs though.

In a police state the people in power would be the ones who'd use an EMP.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
yea I see where your coming from, I think we will just have to wait and see how advanced these robots are and then we can start figuring out how they work, and how we can make them..well..not work
Im not too worried about it though

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I do not think we will see in our lifetime the types of robots that would be capable of rouge thought. Perhaps I am wrong but mostly what I see coming in our future is domestic companionship and entertainment robots(sexbots and caregivers). Mostly for peaceful uses first then the uber soldats later after AI is improved somewhat!

[edit on 28-12-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
I do not think we will see in our lifetime

There are some 13 year olds in here, maybe younger. Thats a good 70 years of change. THINK about how much change there has been in the last 70 years.

Some could see.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

There are some 13 year olds in here, maybe younger. Thats a good 70 years of change. THINK about how much change there has been in the last 70 years.

Some could see.

Of course, you are right. 70 years is a long time considering the strides that have already been made in robotics. I then must say that I hope that I do not see such robots in my lifetime. I can handle the domestics, but the uber soldats scare the hell out of me!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
I do not think we will see in our lifetime

There are some 13 year olds in here, maybe younger.

He's true, Im only 14, but I know some people wont be around as long as me

top topics

<< 1   >>

join