It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New robot from japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If you have not seen this, its well worth a look,over the next few years there is going to be great leaps and bounds with the new technology,mike
www.wimp.com...

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 27-12-2005 by sanctum]
some problems occurred, this site should be right now

[edit on 27-12-2005 by stmichael]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think the dance is called the robot, that is a person.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I thought the same thing at first until i saw the top of its leg,maybe you are right,mike

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No maybe about it. He is a human, period.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
AMAZING!

What type of robot will Japan think of next!
Personally, I'd like to see the self-destruct model comming out next year

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There was an error on the first post??? i will try again, the last letter t should not have been inserted,
www.wimp.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No, this is a real robot. Well, I've seen it on Discovery Science.....

Last time I saw it the only thing it could do was walk down a set of stairs, which was a big challange.

Its not artificial intelligance though, at least I don't think.

If this is real, then imagian if they gave that thing a machine gun!

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's all programmed - very little artificial intelligence about it. It has the capacity to see, and to analyze, movement, and to copy it. However, it does not think, and does not have self-concept. It can say "I am Asimo", but that's a pre-programmed response to "Who are you?"

Mind you, it does show the great strides forward in programmed intelligence, and analyzing programs are the necessity of an artificial intelligence.

I think the best robot warriors will be robots with a radio or satellite communication back to a main base, where humans are controlling the robot remotely - seeing what the robot sees, and controlling what it does. No human cost, but there is human thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If this amazes you check out Sony's new robot. It does possess quite a bit of decision making abilities, and a few other AI properties. It is not self-aware however, yet. It turns out the Aibo (remember the dog?) was pretty much proto/test for the humanoid robot. I dont remember the name, but google sony robot. Im too lazy, but the site has lots of vids and info that is more than worth a look

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

New robot from japan

I'm afraid the ASIMO has been around for a long time now. Honda started the project in 1986.

ASIMO, Humanoid Robot
Asimo, The Running Robot
Asimo the robot meets Japanese and Czech leaders
Asimo can run!!
ASIMO: The worlds first humanoid robot

They have recently made an update on the robot.
Honda improves the ASIMO Robot.

[edit on 27/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah Sony's QRIO is equally as cool as ASIMO

Either way they are both amazing and I cant wait to see whats next

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this robot has been in commercial's. The one I have seen is where he walks down a driveway and get's the paper, i think he waves to someone after he picks it up.

All I know is that it's very creepy seeing something move almost as well as a human. The only thing they need to do is speed up the reaction times. like the speed in which they can grab or place something.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I remember this... There is a music video where all of them are dancing around...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Qrio is a cool robot, but it still needs years of R&D to be near the level that asimo is currently at.

This robot has being in the number one spot for over a decade now...and I dont see anyone about to take its title, at least in the near future.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Unfortunently, the robot can balance itself, but cannot react to the movement of others in any realtime. If you give it a pat on the back, it might just fall over, and wont get back up. Its a very difficult field to get serious results in.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
There was an error on the first post??? i will try again, the last letter t should not have been inserted,
www.wimp.com...

OK, this is a robot, not the guy dancing.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

www.wimp.com...

I think previously he put www.wimp.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
hahahaha
I want a robot that can dance like that! not this slow to react stuff we have going on

still great stuff though

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Unfortunently, the robot can balance itself, but cannot react to the movement of others in any realtime. If you give it a pat on the back, it might just fall over, and wont get back up. Its a very difficult field to get serious results in.

Thats one thing that Qrio has over Asimo...Is that it can keep its balance, even if you push it.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

www.wimp.com...

I think previously he put www.wimp.com...

Right this is what he was passing off as a robot. I'm sure it wasn't to deceive. Its amazing what one letter will do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join