It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor countdown clock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Come on...
Don't get your knickers in a twist!!
I'm just playin devils advocate here.

But why does the Titor Mythos disturb so many, so deeply?
Me thinks he has touched a Jungian, archetypeual nerve
and it's much more comfortable to debunk the whole thing,
than look at the underlying problems the Titor myths expose.
2 cents and counting, that all.

or is it you once believed and now feel chumped out?

[edit on 29-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

But why does the Titor Myths disturb so many, .

Who's disturbed? I just think at some point you have to let it go.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Come on...
Don't get your knickers in a twist!!
I'm just playin devils advocate here.

But why does the Titor Mythos disturb so many, so deeply?
Me thinks he has touched a Jungian, archetypeual nerve
and it's much more comfortable to debunk the whole thing,
than look at the underlying problems the Titor myths expose.
2 cents and counting, that all.

its a great piece of fiction, intelligent, interesting, and feasible (what he predicts, not who he claims to be), and makes for great debate. You have science, economics, politics, war, dates, all kinds of angles to look at it. It attracts strong opinions from smart people on both sides of the aisle. And it beats checking my e-mail at work

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
then where are all the little battles that he said would start taking place years ago?

they've been happening. you haven't read about them because the first battles took place on risk boards around the country. it actually isn't until 2007 that the first physical battle takes place.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
its a great piece of fiction

I thought titor's whole story was stolen from some awful sci fi book which would, in reality, make it a bad piece of fiction and plagiarized at that.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
John Titor?

=

Joint Thor?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

they've been happening. you haven't read about them because the first battles took place on risk boards around the country. it actually isn't until 2007 that the first physical battle takes place.

OH CRAP!!!!

that means that as a "risk" geek, i'm partly responsible for the 2nd american civil war!

(peeks through the curtains looking for the g-men)

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700OH CRAP!!!!

that means that as a "risk" geek, i'm partly responsible for the 2nd american civil war!

(peeks through the curtains looking for the g-men)

no snafu, you aren't. you're self professed risk geekdom actually resulted in several young men getting action that you might have had yourself, had you left the board and gone out a few saturdays in the past. this "action" resulted in these young men being a bit less on edge in a few instances and this allowed cooler heads to prevail at a few rallies and politcal gatherings. had these cooler heads not prevailed, riots would have erupted sending the country into chaos.

so, in actuallity, you have helped put off the war

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So nobody is going to forgive Titor if he's a little bit late??? Hmmm...

I think he could be talking about 2006 just as well. EARLY 2006. Just cut him some slack.
Besides, isnt there already a civil war of sorts? I think there is. Right now its relegated to behind closed doors, but i think it will all come out like an explosion in a feather factory.
(synthetic feathers, that is)

[edit on 29-12-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

no snafu, you aren't. you're self professed risk geekdom actually resulted in several young men getting action that you might have had yourself, had you left the board and gone out a few saturdays in the past.

wow, i seem to have touched a nerve.
spoken like a true forty year old virgin, crakeur.

i'm happily married BTW....its been a long time since i have had to worry about getting any "action."

this kind of character attack is way out of line for you crak.....maybe you need some "action" yourself to calm those nerves.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

it actually isn't until 2007 that the first physical battle takes place.

FORTHELOVEOF!- sigh *deep breathes* lol i actually remember reading that. does this SERIOUSLY mean we have to wait until 2007 to see anything conclusive either way. YAWN.

AND DONT PEEK OUT THE WINDOW for the g-men! theyll see you!
if you hear a noise drop close to the floor and crawl into your understairs closet.

what if i dont have an understairs closet?!*

*Then may GOD have mercy on your soul.....*

lol Dont know where that came from sorry bout that
And even though i dont believe JT, im still watching the news when the timer runs out. Never hurts to look. O wait sometime it totally DOES hurt!

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
BUT! i would just like to state for the record (PURELY FOR UNBIASEDNESS SAKE) that JT said in 2004 there should have been some WACO-like incident, silently escalating through 2005, then it builds up to 2008 and then carries on really nastily until 2012.

WOOP WOOP!

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just thought I'd remind everyone to talk about the Clock, and not Titor, et al. There are plenty of threads for that around here.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Like whaa said, maybe this is an internal war. You know like internal bleeding, you can't see it but it can kill you. I think maybe we are tearing ourselves apart from the inside. Like there could be some betrayals in the CIA resulting in favoring one political party and on and on, etc. I mean the civil war could be in our government. But every political party and every government agency keeps secrets. So... the war could be between government agencies or something.

About the clock, well we have 1 day, 20 hours, and 50 sec from the time I posted this. (around same time)

Maybe when the clock runs out, the shooting will start and we will be able to see the war between governments. Or maybe it will be slower, like things will start appearing in the media, little by little until, I dunno, a nuke?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i'm happily married BTW....its been a long time since i have had to worry about getting any "action."

this kind of character attack is way out of line for you crak.....maybe you need some "action" yourself to calm those nerves.

I'm happily married too. perhaps that is why I need the action. maybe it's the 2 kids.

I need a life.

(I was just messing with you by the way)

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Just thought I'd remind everyone to talk about the Clock, and not Titor, et al. There are plenty of threads for that around here.

They are one, the clock and Titor are connected. A person cannot talk about the clock and not talk about Titor.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

They are one, the clock and Titor are connected. A person cannot talk about the clock and not talk about Titor.
You are so right.

"Like whaa said, maybe this is an internal war. You know like internal bleeding, you can't see it but it can kill you. I think maybe we are tearing ourselves apart from the inside. Like there could be some betrayals in the CIA resulting in favoring one political party and on and on, etc. I mean the civil war could be in our government. But every political party and every government agency keeps secrets. So... the war could be between government agencies or something. "

Agreed, this is precisely what i meant.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

You are so right.

"Like whaa said, maybe this is an internal war. You know like internal bleeding, you can't see it but it can kill you. I think maybe we are tearing ourselves apart from the inside. Like there could be some betrayals in the CIA resulting in favoring one political party and on and on, etc. I mean the civil war could be in our government. But every political party and every government agency keeps secrets. So... the war could be between government agencies or something. "

Agreed, this is precisely what i meant.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by dgtempe]

WRONG !!!!! (think gene wilder at the end of willy wonka) titor said the war was between urban and rural american citizens, and it was organized groups engaged in combat, and would receive media coverage like waco did. Its not the Iraq war, the riots in Paris, tasers, or anything else.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
wait a min......when the clock reaches zero it'll be new years eve.

Just for the sake of argument doesnt he have an extra day?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priestWRONG !!!!! (think gene wilder at the end of willy wonka)

Good Day Sir!

my year old daughter quotes that movie all the time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join