It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your College Major?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm still trying to decide what to major in for college. For those that have their degrees or are working on them, what did you major in and why? How is your career coming along?

For those who haven't started college yet, what are you considering as a major.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Samsonite]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i study BTEC National AVCE. which is a business course,

from marketing, admin, finance, economic activities etc.

last year i took a 1 year course which was intermediate business, i passed and got onto the next level which is what i am doing now.

the course i am doing is a 2 year course im on my first year and doing well.
the reason i chose this course was because i enjoy the business environment (spelling).

oni x x

ps: merry christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm not yet in college, but I'm pretty set on majoring in music education. I want to get my doctorate and teach in a high school to start and eventually migrate to being a college professor.

Actually I'd rather be famous... But that's the plan for "reality".

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am in my third year of university and focusing on Anthropology/Sociology. My main focus inside of that is Social equality and the social aspects surrounding it. I'm really interested in the writings of Marx, Weber etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm taking general studies in community collage and I'm torn between quite a fe majors:

Zoology, Wildlife Preservation, Ecology, Biology, Animal Science and a few more that I can't recall of the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I graduated last year with a degree in Construction Management. I also received a minor in Business.

I love it! I currently work in the construction field (as a manager, lol). You wouldn't believe how technologically advanced this industry can be.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well I'm 14 but I have some ideas about hwat I'd liek to major in... kidna broad.... maybe computer science or something involving computers or soem sort of physics...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm studying Computer Information Systems. It's a drag at the beginning of the course then it gets really detailed.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Majoring in european history. What i'll do with that is anyones guess.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey, i was about to post a question about college majors but now that i see this thread ill post it in here.

I'm a junior in HS and im pretty sure of what i want to major in. I hope to double major in History [roman, greek, maybe medieval] and also in Alternative Fuel Source Technology. I know about some good history schools buy i am really uncertain about the alternative fuel part. Are there any good technical / major universities that are good in this field, or should I look for a school that is good in Mechanical engineering? Any suggestions or comments? Thanks a bunch

-Lawler [sorry if you think im hijacking your thread, i just see a common ground]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm not in college yet, still in high school, senior year, though I have to do another year, screwed up early on.

I plan to try and get a major in English and Business.

I'm going to look into Hydrodynamics, Quantum physics and Genetics.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well I went to an apprenticeship for the electrical industry years ago and have almost enough credits for an associates degree.But if I were to finish out college I would go for electrical engineering since I have worked in that trade right out of high school.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just finished, with a major in Photography. So glad to be done. for all you youngins remember... Many, many people change their major a couple of times so yo might be surprised when you are finished.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm in Criminal Justice and Clinical Forensics. Fun classes and great subject matter if you want to go down that road. It will keep you interested.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am currently majoring in Journalism, it is really fun and you get to meet a lot of interesting people. The stuff you learn is really interesting as well, i.e. how the media works. My Mass Comm college only lets in 50 journalism students a semester though, so if you are going to a university like that you'll need to keep up on your work a lot.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
History. Finish Bachelors and now on to Masters....may teach military history.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Studied mechanical engineering but never recieved a degree (yet). I'm considering signing up at the local university. They've got a really good program.

If you're still uncertain about what you want to take, you may want to check out what the job market looks like in the future in certain areas.

You will want to choose a career that is in high demand, but make sure it's a field that you'll enjoy. You don't want to choose a career on money alone. There's no self-satisfaction in those areas. Money, yes. Hapiness, no.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
MA in Anthropology [archeology] and never used it.
Apprenticeship as a studio potter
Currently selfemployed designer/craftsman, flyfishing guide/outfitter,semipro musician [blues/bass]

[edit on 3-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
BTEC National Certificate in Business

basically the same as Oni x x

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I'm in Criminal Justice and Clinical Forensics. Fun classes and great subject matter if you want to go down that road. It will keep you interested.

What he said. Only replace Clinical Forensics with Homeland Security. The classes definitely keep you entertained and it's good stuff to learn. I think that it's a pretty open field depending on which direction to go. But I'm not sure which way I want to go myself but that's what I am currently majoring in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join