It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captors are not criminals, merely "poor people".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This story is from a German woman who was kidnapped in Iraq by insurgents. This is what she had to say about her ordeal. I was quite amazed by it, please share your views on what you think.
Sorry about the quoting.

Speaking to Doha-based satellite channel Al-Jazeera, Susanne Osthoff said her captors told her not to be afraid as her kidnapping was "politically motivated."

"Do not be afraid. We do not harm women or children and you are a Muslim," she quoted them as saying.

"I was so happy to know that I had not fallen into the hands of criminals," she said.

Osthoff, a Muslim convert and fluent Arabic speaker, said her captors demanded German humanitarian aid for Iraq's Sunni Arabs and stated clearly that they did not want a ransom.

"They said we don't want money... Maybe we want from Germany ... hospitals and schools in the Sunni triangle (area northwest of Baghdad), and they would like to get money in the form of humanitarian aid," she said.

She described her captors as "poor people" and that she "cannot blame them for kidnapping her, as they cannot enter (Baghdad's heavily fortified) Green Zone to kidnap Americans."

She said she lived with her captors in a clean place and that they treated her "well".

But she repeated more than once that she "was sold", without making clear what she meant, while expressing her shock at Berlin's failure to contact her captors.

Link

Ok maybe it’s just me but is this how someone who was kidnapped should react?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23she "cannot blame them for kidnapping her, as they cannot enter (Baghdad's heavily fortified) Green Zone to kidnap Americans."

Oh gosh, those poor guys.
They forcibly took her, they used force to hold her, and if she tried to escape they'd murder her, thats what kidnapping is. This person is an idiot, and you have to wonder if she's so much of an idiot that, had they ripped her head off from her body like they've done to other people, if her decapitated head would use its last moments of life to look upon them with sympathetic doe eyes, or perhaps think 'well at least these poor people will be able to broadcast and sell my heading on the internet and get some money'.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We really need to lessen security around the green zone to allow these people to capture Americans more easily....that would fix all their problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To me this sounds more like she is (suffering / afflicted?) with the Stockholm Syndrom than anything else.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
To me this sounds more like she is (suffering / afflicted?) with the Stockholm Syndrom than anything else.

It would be nice so, but I suppose this is a different story. This lady is known to be quite antiamerican and it is quite possible that she staged the kidnappings or at least cooperated with captors.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The part about how they can’t get into the green zone amazed me. It sounded like she was disappointed that they could not enter and kidnap Americas. Notice too that she gave this interview on Aljazeera, what's better then a western woman saying good things about Insurgents to boost up their recruitment levels.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Maybe we can trade her back, for a more worthy person..
I smell a sympathizer.

AND..If they'd stop all this kidnapping crap..they could get on with their lives..
Make something of their lives, I guess they dont understand the impending opportunities.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Me thinks she is a provocatour. Any thing she said shades the kidnappers in a better light, so as to aid in recruitment to the various terrorist organizations. The quotes certainly aren't anything even resembling what most kidnapping victims would say. Something doesn't sound right here.

new topics

top topics

join