It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US economy OK? Feds print billions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
From www.safehaven.com...

Over the past two days, December 21st - when our first Hindenburg Omen (of whatever cluster is coming) - and Thursday December 22nd, the Federal Reserve has conducted one of the largest two-day Repo injections of money into the system since back in September 2001. On Wednesday they added $18.0 billion in reserves and on Thursday they added another $20.0 billion.

That is odd in itself, making me very uncomfortable. The value of the US dollar looks like it is going to depreciate.

Remember, the Federal Reserve is now stolen, er.. I mean privately owned. When they print and hand out cash, they want repaid.

It is especially troubling with Iran going to Euro's for oil trade very soon.

2006 may prove to be quite interesting. Make sure you know where some food is - during the last depression, almost 50% of the population were farmers of some kind. Today it is less than 2%.

I hope al will be well, but I have my doubts.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Maybe it's no coincidence at all.

The US held a near sustainable budget surplus for a short period, and even discontinued the 30 year note as 'obsolete'.

Suddenly the 30 year note is back with a vengeance, as well as pounding out tons of new money.

Gotta keep the dollar popular and liquid somehow.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The US economy is in deep trouble IMO. Think Argentina a couple of years ago kind of bad.

Not only have they been on a money printing spree under Greenspan, but just after Ben "helicopter money" Bernanke takes over at the FED they will stop publishing M3!

This will facilitate the work of The Plunge Protection Team and help the FED try to deal with another little problem: Petrodollar Warfare: Dollars, Euros and the Upcoming Iranian Oil Bourse.

Of course I could be off my rocker and everything will be just fine and dandy...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Large injections of liquidity would not be uncommon this time of year, I doubt it's anything to be alarmed about. And it's not really printing money, it's just buying bonds from financial instutions so they have more cash on deposit.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am under the influence its to stun inflation.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

join