It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese copy Hummer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is a little crazy. They need a heavy vehicle and they decide to copy the Hummer. I thought that they would develop some kind of vehicle on their own.

Here is the link with info and pics: www.sinodefence.com...

So, what do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They are not smart enough or creative enough to develop their own product.

Easier just to copy someone else's.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So you like the Sinodefence that i have lead you to?

np

And this is not a big surprice.. Chinese will copy anything that they get their hands to..

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Its the Chinese way. Copy it until it doesnt work no more.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They copy our music cd's and movie dvd's without paying any royalties. They might as well copy our vehicles too.

DEATH STALKS THE HUNTED

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Funny thing about Chinese.. to Russians they pay if they copy Russian things.. (usually) ..To US they never pay..

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hell's bell's this is NOTHING! Go look at motorcycles the Japanese are making! They are damn near EXACT COPIES of the lower end Harley-Davidson product line!

That's why I ride a "Springer" it'll NEVER be mistaken for a Rice Burner... They don't have the skill to make that front end AND it double the cost of their motorcycle.

My wife's nephew has a Kawasaki that looks almost identical to a Harley Dynaglide, it doesn't ride like Harley though! Not even in the same ballpark.

The Chinese are merely doing the same thing here that they have been doing for years with the Jeep Cherokee Classic. You can get one of those brand new for about $4,500.00USD! Ofcourse it'll be a heap of scrap after 50,000 miles but at that price who cares?!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
as always - copy and improve

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is there anyway to pursue any type of legal action just merly as tellling em we konw what there doin

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They will laugh at you hearterly.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
thats funny. China just waits until something proves itself. and then its just a big xerox machine.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well, why waste time and money on R&D when you can just steal what others have done?

[Edited on 10/1/03 by crayon]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
LOL!! Its an exact Xerox of the Hummer.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ther is much more going on hree than what you see...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I can't believe what you're all saying. Just because someone likes something, and uses it for themselves, it's a bad thing? Jeezus. It's not like there's a patent out on the ugly-ass design of that monstrosity. Anyhow, who gives a #? So they have the same kind of military vehicle. Does that make it bad? No. We should be flattered that they chose that. Are you going to go on down to your yuppie neighbor's house and chew them out for having a hummer, and copying the US army? I doubt it. Just deal guys. Sheesh. Peace.

who

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Loki, I understand where you are coming from with the idea that "immitation is the greatest form of flattery", but I too find it annoying that we spend the money on R&D only to have them get their hands on one and make it themselves. I think they should have to pay some kind of royalties to GM. And as far as yelling at a neighbor for having a hummer because they copied the US military, they didnt copy. They bought one from the same people that sell them to the Military. Thats the difference, they paid for it which in turn pays the company for putting in the time to research and develope it.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
thier hummer has slanted eyes

OmG that was bad...

I would actually get one if it was lower priced then a H1 over here with comperable handling.

maybe kia will start making them in thier suv market.

lmfgdao

top topics

join