It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christmas sucked for me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I spent it alone............my parents are dead, im estranged from my siblings, i got no presents, people tried to call......for *&&*, i bailed on a dinner with my bro's etc. on boxing day cos i've got a long standing beef with one of them, (it was his daughter who invited me), well, that and i don't know what to say to them. i explained to my niece why i wasn't going and she understood. i welched on meeting them after he left, that's not good...i just went off at someone and i didn't really need to. i didn't actually get an invite anywhere xmas day. i try to be good and positive, but that one day just sticks like a knife ya know. Still, I hope y'all had a good day, maybe you could tell me how your day didn't suck or did? I did spend the day on ats tho', and that was good. . .gee, i wasn't gonna post this when i started, it was just to stop me smashing something, think i'll have a cup of tea. . .

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Im sorry your day sucked so much and i hope that in some ways you can find the positive out of it,

Maybe you could make is so next year it wont suck? meet up with some friends and have your own fun time,
xmas can be a hard time for alot of people, heck maybe next time you could go help some others on xmas day?

Cheer up and chin up
it could be alot worse, you have your life and your health,

So think about the positive, you ever need a friend or just a chat, my u2u box is alway open

Take care and know someone cares

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks for that. I think a lot of my frustration lies in the fact that I was inactive in pretty much doing anything about it and was faced with that. I think overall, understanding that's a positive for me. And I'm creating a chin support structure as we speak
thanks for the kind words and thoughts, that's what it's really about

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I"m glad you could find something good out of something bad. Merry Chirstmas to you friend.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Let go of the hate

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What Hate? Let go of the font size

Oh, and check out this thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

thanks,all of you

[edit on 26-12-2005 by fingapointa]

[edit on 26-12-2005 by fingapointa]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was stuck here in Japan, thousands of miles from my family and any hint of Christmas spirit. On top of that, back to work since Monday.

Not even a turkey!

But I still got out and met my mates and we had a quiet little bash, rang home and everything was alright.

Christmas without family does suck the big one. I am sitting here typing this with a nice glass of Jameson whiskey, which I am holding up in a toast to you, wishing you a Merry Christmas, but most of all, best wishes for 2006 and the future!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My parents are divorced...brothers are divorced and my original family is like a broken jigsaw puzzle that can't be put together again. My Christmas used to suck too.

I married a beautiful Chicago girl (East coast girls Rule) and we have 2 boys...and THEIR my family now and I get to be Santa Clause on Xmas. So Find a girl with a heart of gold, a cute butt and knows how to cook...have some kids and your Christmas will never suck again.

You have to be the one to turn it around.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

I married a beautiful Chicago girl (East coast girls Rule)

Hehe, try the mid-west.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I spent The holidays alone also. But for some reason it felt good.
My attitude on most everything in life has changed now that I have
found a passion to persue. Blues guitar and harp. Singin and playin the blues is much more theraputic than therapists and much cheaper.
My suggestion on finding peace, grace and style in this crazy world is
to find something you like to do and DO IT! This dosen't apply to sitting in bars and drinkin.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There is a saying it goes something like this:

To love is grand, but to forgive is devine.

Whatever happened in the past, you must forgive your relitives and most important, yourself.

It is sort of funny to think I complained-internally- about having to get togather with relitives 4 christmas eve and day dinner's

Well, all I can say is I haope your week gets better.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hope this wont sound like i'm trying to tell you what to do, but you said it yourself you refused the invitation... hmmm... i dont know maybe next year you should take the invitation and keep your fingers crossed ? maybe its about time everyone comes together and put the past where it belongs...in the past ?

orrrr....... go snowboarding ...lol

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
What Hate? Let go of the font size

If you insist I point it out I shall.

i bailed on a dinner with my bro's etc. on boxing day cos i've got a long standing beef with one of them

SQUASH THAT BEEF.

top topics

join