It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government spying bigger than what is being admitted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I am referring to lack of interst here at ATS. Have you looked at the Pro- spying threads? It brakes my heart to see so many behind the spying and if you jump in and make comments, they will have your head on a platter.

Could you help out with a couple of links? It's been a while since I've been here and the passion such as you have described would be just the thing to get me back me ATS legs.......

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by goose
It was two years, repeat two years, before the same information appeared in mainstream media.

Last year, June 7, 2004, we reported on the U.S. government’s spying on American citizens with the story: Where big brother snoops on Americans 24/7

Goose, who is "we"?
Goose, "we" is reporting nothing new here on the US government spying on Americans.
Apparently, the "we" that you keep referring to seemingly and blatantly forgot that Americans were being spied upon for quite sometime, and definately longer than what your "we" assert that they provided ahead of mainstream press.
"we". Thoughts?
seekerof

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Seekerof]

Well if you look at the link above the statement, the We would be the staff at Capital Hill Blue, not me. What I posted was an excerpt from the whole article about how many things they have reported on, only to be ignored because mainstream media was not reporting on it, they give the date of the article that they are referring toand then tell how long it was before mainstream media reported on it. I posted this to point out that they are a very good news source and they are the ones saying the spying is much bigger than is currently being revealed.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
What people dont seem to realize is the NSA can drop in on much more than emails, phone calls and faxs.

Anything with a AC current can be a listening or a visual device, of course you will probably argue with me and say that is all a bunch of scifi nonsense and i should go back to watching my xfiles shows.

Think what you want

There is a very good documentary called, "Orwell rolls in his grave!" there is a very good description of the film at amazon but I don't think I can list the link since it is actually selling something but just do a search on this title and put documentary at the end and you will get all kinds of hits. You might have already seen it, it is sometimes shown on LINK tv and FSTV. Watch for it if you have those channels.

Also after reading your comment this came to mind a guy named Mike Moore (not the director of Fahrenheit 911, but just someone with a similar name) wrote some emails about what he thought about things to a few friends.
A few days later up the driveway came two car full of government agents, they asked him every invasive question that could be asked, including what meds he was on, he gave them everything they wanted. And they left. They told him they had intercepted his email and wanted to know if he taking any trips soon. After they left he got really angry and realized how scared he had been and how violated he felt and speaking about how he was a vet and how he could not believe this happened in this country. I wish I could recall what movie I saw this on, I'm thinking it was the one I wrote about above but I am not sure. If anyone recalls which movie or a link to the story, please post. I would appreciate it. I looked on google but all I got was about the film director. TIA

Now whether someone he sent those emails to called the feds on him thinking he might be a danger or they actually intercepted them makes you a little thoughtful about what you say.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
What people dont seem to realize is the NSA can drop in on much more than emails, phone calls and faxs.

Anything with a AC current can be a listening or a visual device, of course you will probably argue with me and say that is all a bunch of scifi nonsense and i should go back to watching my xfiles shows.

Think what you want

I have worked with and seen some of the surveillance equipment in my work. There is equipment out there that would blow your minds!
There are networks out there that are set up to scan for words and the use of those words put in a sentence. They are tagged and placed on a list with all the info as to where and who make it and who was getting it.
To put this in the short form....... you have no place to hide if they wont to know what you are up to! You don't have to have AC for this stuff to work by the way if you are under surveillance. You have to think that the NSA,CIA,DOD,DOJ,&DOHLS have one hell of a job looking into things that might be called (Terrorist Activity). There are over 3 million people out there.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Of course this is no big surprise here.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Its a real hard one, the only thing to do is have a revolution/civil war if you really wanted to bring down big brother.

But thats the old question isnt it, enjoy a happy controlled life

or a crap free one

I think thats what the film The Matrix was trying to get accross, yes the system is using us, but the system keeps us content with our situation.

to leave the system means starting all over again.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Encarmine
Its a real hard one, the only thing to do is have a revolution/civil war if you really wanted to bring down big brother.

That would not be good. We the poeple need to stand up and say stop the BS ! If you take a week off and we ALL stand up and do this. The Gas Comp. Gov, & other BIG MONEY would lose there minds. Without us little people they would starve! I think if we put someone in office, We say what they make a year and vote on it. If the person is not doing that good take his gas card for the week. or If they are just lame.... Vote and Fire there butts. The main thing is they work for the Poeple. ALL OF US. No more 4 years. Go year to year.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I am referring to lack of interst here at ATS. Have you looked at the Pro- spying threads? It brakes my heart to see so many behind the spying and if you jump in and make comments, they will have your head on a platter.

I know what you mean tempe. Its happens in my real life too. People just dont look at the big picture, when you speak out against surveillance they start talking about how your supporting terrorism. I think if I had a Lets Rip the Constitution party it would sell out pretty quicky

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join