It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera from the Moon Landing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
When man made his "first steps" on the moon, there was already a camera firmly in place to record this action. So what that means is that a camera was able to survive a trip to the moon in 1969, but a space shuttle in 1986 barely made it off of the launching pad before essentially vaporizing itself? Also, what kind of a Reynolds Wrap was the moon lander made out of?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
another perfect example of a complete lack of research.

1. the camera was attached to the lander itself.

2. the challenger accident happened after six years of successful shuttle missions due to the managers allowing the system to be pushed too hard to perform by the users.

3. next time you post ignorant remarks, please back them up with some kind of source (or at the very least, read a little about the subject before you post so you dont sound quite so ignorant).

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Concorde exploded a few years ago - so that obviously didn't really exist and the Wright Brother's plane was a fraud..

As for the "Reynolds Wrap", it baffles me how anyone can entertain the idea that lander was made just from that. It's pretty obvious (and full details are available) that it was just a covering over the main assembly. Oh and it's called Kapton Foil and it is a silver or aluminium covered orange plastic if I remember rightly. It protects the craft from micro-meteorites and certain types of particle based radiation.
Some people comment that it doesn't look securely fastened, one of the things these highly intelligent people seem to forget is that there is no atmosphere in space or on the Moon and hence nothing to interfere with the covering.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by AgentSmith]

jra

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_all_knowing_nothing
When man made his "first steps" on the moon, there was already a camera firmly in place to record this action. So what that means is that a camera was able to survive a trip to the moon in 1969

Of course it would survive. Why wouldn't it? The camera was attached to an arm that swung out from the LM. I imagine it was concealed within the LM on the way there.

but a space shuttle in 1986 barely made it off of the launching pad before essentially vaporizing itself?

What is the point you are attempting to make by saying this? Because one shuttle blows up after launch, 17 years after the first moon landing, some how means a camera couldn't survive in space? Very odd logic.

Machines can fail, crash, blow up, etc. They always have and they always will. Of course we do everything we can to prevent that from happening, but it still happens every now and then.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My remote just died, electricity is a scam.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Oh and it's called Kapton Foil and it is a silver or aluminium covered orange plastic if I remember rightly. It protects the craft from micro-meteorites and certain types of particle based radiation.

Yes, it has an orange/foil appearance. It can have as many as 24 layers covering a Curlon (R) core. The blanket the original poster might have seen was likely KN-92PW: 0.5-mil (12.7 micron) Kapton, aluminized one side, with perforations. Reinforced on aluminized side.

The company I used to develop new systems and products for manufactured it.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
snafu7700: 1) Thank you for not sounding pompous in your reply. 2) The camera was attached to the Lander, so was the Lander actually exposed during the entire flight to the moon? C) Labeling answers as numbers proves nothing more than you think you need to prove a point D) Good day…thank you for reminding me why most people lack the capacity to hold a decent conversation without getting up in arms

AgentSmith: The “Reynolds Wrap” comment was sarcasm, but thank you for clarifying the Kapton Foil

jra: You understood what my friend did not, that the camera was not “at the will of the elements” for the entirety of the trip to the moon.

mxboy15u: My remote died a couple of months ago; I am now using an elongated stick to change the channel.

FEMA: A hurricane strikes the Gulf Coast and you are nowhere to be found, but if a question arises about the covering of the Moon Lander, then you arrive on the scene full with pictures and specs. That is awesome, and quite ironic in a sense.

Thank you for posters 3-6 (myself being the original poster, thus taking the #1 spot) for actually adding something to the conversation…

…for the other of you (sounds a bit odd in the singular state), there is a movie entitled Bambi that you might want to watch. Thumper’s mother reminds him of what his father had said earlier that morning: “If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.”

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_all_knowing_nothing

…for the other of you (sounds a bit odd in the singular state), there is a movie entitled Bambi that you might want to watch. Thumper’s mother reminds him of what his father had said earlier that morning: “If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.”

if you cant post anything but ignorance without any supporting data to back up your claims, dont post anything at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I dont know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones - Einstein

God, the man still never stops amazing me. Genius.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
lol...yup, he was definitely one of a kind. too bad we dont seem to have any of his ilk in this generation.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
lol...yup, he was definitely one of a kind. too bad we dont seem to have any of his ilk in this generation.

There are, the problem is the Internet combined with a poor education system has bred a generation of instant experts who are too busy congratulating each other on some rather ludicrous ideas to bother learning from people that know what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Little offtopic, but didn't hasselblad say that "if you can get it, you can keep it" about the cameras left in the moon? Being a student of photography I'd love one of those, any1 going that way anytime soon?

top topics

join