It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more phropecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
According to the holo-universe teory predictions are not possible. According to the holographic wiew everything is possible. For a prediction to be true the event predicted MUST happen and this defy the 'everything is possible' law. Only self-fulfilled prophecies is possible, but I'm not sure the word 'prophecy' is the right word for those cases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

Does all this mean this thread finally comes to its end? Does this thread 'Predictions and prophecies' finally get its well deserved stamp/brand; "Predictions and prophecies; all Debunked, reason; our holographic reality"?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When did we get an "Everything is possible" Law?

If there is such a law, prophecy should be the least of our worries.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
But, surely, if prophecy is impossible, that defies the "everything is possible" law you speak of.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As I feel is possible, then prophecy is possible. If the future is yet to be, then I agree, nothing is impossible. But, that doesn't mean that somehow, the route we will choose to take cannot be known before. It isn't saying that it is predestined, just that our choices may be able to be seen. Why this would be is beyond me. I have seen things that later occured in my life, in dreams, and in detail. I didn't know they were more than just dreams at the time though.
Prophets can be really good, and still be wrong sometimes.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Time is not an illusion but a condition of consciousness, as it enables consciousness to experience reality.

There are possible futures and there are probable futures. A successful prophet influences present choices and thereby helps to prevent the unfoldment of disastrous probable futures. I agree with BlackGuardXIII that a prophet can be good without being accurate one-hundred percent of the time.

The discarnate source of the prophetic awareness should also be taken into consideration. Prophets, channelers, mystics, psychics and mediums are likened to human telephones. Sometimes, through no fault of their own, they get a "bad/crank call."

As such, it is unrealistic to expect prophets and mediums to be totally accurate all of the time. No one has ever been able to live up to that expectation, as we do not live in a static Universe that has only one probable future. The future is always in a state of flux and there are many factors which dictate our consensus reality.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First there was chaos as some belive in ancient kabalah texts, further more it mentions things go in reverse or time goes back. So if it started with Chaos it will end in chaos. Why? Because all things are possible and we as people are so far from unified thought/goal/god it is chaos already.

As far as no more prophecy. It states beware of false prophecy first, well what is itself doing? If you understood this you would understand it all. If all the preachers and anti preachers focus in on evil and end times well all it takes is a spark. The question is why did both the good and the evil both focus on evil actions that were written than something positive?

On the note of all things being possible if such was uncovered what would you do? How would you handle it?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nsawantsmedead
So if it started with Chaos it will end in chaos. Why? Because all things are possible and we as people are so far from unified thought/goal/god it is chaos already.

Chaos before First Genesis and Chaos after First Genesis ends.

Well now...that is a uniquely insightful appraisal you have there.

It parallels Revelations 6:12 in the Bible...

Revelations 6:12

I watched as he opened the sixth seal.

There was a great earthquake.

The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair,

the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth,

as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island

was removed from its place.

It also mirrors a much more recent prophecy from the Spirit Guide known as Emmanuel (from Emmanuel's Book II, The Choice for Love, 1989, page 167)...

Self & World

Before the world existed, you did.

Before anything was manifested in any of the galaxies,

in any of the recorded universes you were there.

And I dare say, after the completion

of this particular round of events, the entire universe

will dissolve again into Light and you will be there.

There is nothing strange about this pronouncement

except for the fact that most of you don't believe it.

new topics

top topics

join