It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite game ever made, what is it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow, Everquest was an incredible game! I played EQ for about 3 years...absolutely amazing MMORPG. After about 4th expansion, they just started expanding too much and the game simply got too easy and too many ways to cheat the game. I think there's about 13 expansions to it now, and EQ2 is out with 2 expansions on it already! The first couple years of Everquest I would definatly consider the best game I've ever played.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ff 7 has got to be one of the best games ever made. neverwinter nights is decent too, but they could have done a LOT better.

master of magic. dude.

fallout 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing.

madden 06 (xbox edition, ps2 has retarded long load times) is a lot of fun as well.

soul calibur 3 is another game that i could spend days playing.

i liked all of the master of orion games (microprose had it DOWN back in the day), and even though 3 is buggy, i still find it fun.

as far as old school games...captain skyhawk, cabal, adventure island 2 and super pitfall are some NES games that leap to mind. for sega, shadowrun and kings bounty were awesome fun...mutant league football and i think it was called robot wars were great too. for super NES..pretty much only the FF games were good, as far as i remember.

syndicate on the jaguar was a lot of fun.

for old school arcade games, NOTHING beats arkanoid.

and ghosts and goblins is the hardest game ever freakin made - you haven't beaten it, but I have. :w:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To the person who mentioned Quake, that was the first game I played, still have it, but can't play it, it yells at me that my PC isn't running WIndows 95. Like sorry I upgraded, but still, great game. And the codes, oh once you learn those time to have fun! SO many hours spent on killing zombies and Ogres and Shamblers and the bouncing goo thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Counter-strike for PC both hands down.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Pandemonium 1&2 and all tombraiders ps1 & 2.
Azurik Xbox.
Waiting for new Tombraider, its almost here.......

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm not much of a gamer any more, but there is one game, the most holy of holies, that I still play to this day:

Madden NFL Football

Some of my past addictions:

Virtua Tennis - Perhaps the best game EVER to play when you are drunk and/or **ahem** smoking the hippy lettuce.

Fall Out 1&2 - The only RPG I ever liked. Post WWIII, graphic as hell. Was well ahead of it's time as far as adult themes go (pimping of your wife, drug trade, etc).

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Hmm. My favorite game... Well, thats quite a hard one. I'd have to say it is Fallout 2. I really enjoyed Fallout 2 a lot. Played it for quite a long time.

Seems you beat me to the punch. Great game.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Mines has gotta be:

Broken Sword : Shadow of the Templars.

Fantastic 2D Adventure 'Point & Click' Game for PC. Released back in 1996.

JRod.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Right now Im stuck on Medal of Honor for XBOX 360, such a killer game. I have played Madden 06 to death and just won the heavyweight title on Fight Night 06 both for regular XBOX. Best game ever, impossible to say.

Game I have logged at least 5,000 man hours playing - James Bond Golden Eye on N64..lol..best level is still the Complex....forever a classic in multiplayer battle mode.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
by far. Both Truecrime games. Hell yes those you can literally play for hours and not get bored. There is so much to do!! and the missions are so long! You don't have to do missions if you don't want to which the best thing about that game! It is a free-roaming game. You can do whateva you want. Like GTA. Except better!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
i dunno GTA is some bonified gangsta #

LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I agree there. I just borrowed San Andreas from my friend and it is good fun for sure. I have done a bunch of the missions, but the mini games are the most fun. I still have a long way to go because I haven't opened up any new areas yet. I get sidetracked and spend half of my time pimping out lowriders and driving around bouncing the hydrolics..lol..that and hitting the weights. Thousands of hours of good entertainment

Piamp

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Castlevainia Symphony of the Night

awesome soundtrack there not a soundtrack other than final fantasy that can contend

best 2d side scroll ever made

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Playstation 2 - It's a tie between G.T.A.:Vice City and G.T.A.: San Andreas
XBox - Nascar 2006:Total Team Control
Nintendo 64 - definitely Goldeneye 007
Super Nintendo - Mortal Kombat 2 and 3
Nintendo - Super Mario Brothers

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh man!! There are a ton of games that I really like a lot.. here is one of my top favorites of all time..

From playstation 2, Sly cooper and the thevius racoonus. the way the story flowed was absoluetly brilliant. the graphics are crisp, and the game is so fun...

Drakan the Ancients Gates- for PS2- in this game you play the role as a warrior woman, and you get to ride this AWESOME dragon named Aarok. its so cool! You can control the dragon, and it looks realistic. You can go anywhere you want!! And blow fire...

IMO- this is one of the hardest games I have ever played in my life. It's very difficult, because you constantly have to have good weapons. The game is a challange, but none the less awesome! And fun to play...

Halo 2 is great also for Xbox only.

Psi Ops- PS2 I beat that in a week. It was a great game.

Banjo Kazooie- N64, who could forget this puzzle! this game was also hard, but fun as well.

MARIO KART- GMCube, N64, Gboy advance, and SP, and DS, AWESOMEEEE!! I love mario kart!!! LOL.

more to list as soon as I think of them.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Let's see...In the 13 years I have been playing video games, these are my favorites:

NES--Silent Service (You get to sneak around in a sub and blow the stuffings out of enemy ships, I mean...come on! It was awesome for the early days of NES

SNES--Sadly, Super Mario World. Yes, I love this game, and I always findi t relaxing to go stomp on a Koopa when I am stressed.

Genesis-- Sonic The Hedgehog 2, I don't know why, but I just love it.

Playstation--Final Fantasy VIII. Great FMV (for the period), and a main character that I at first thought had been based off me (no seriously, I mean it).

PS2--Kingdom Hearts. Ok, while it is true that I haven't beaten it, I have to say that it's the only game that has caught my eye out of everything that goes out for PS2. The only reason I am thinking of buyin another PS is because I haven't beaten the game yet *cough*

ANYWAY,

Game Cube- I like Metroid Prime, but I am going to have to go with Super Smash Brothers Melee just because of all the good times I've had playing it.

Game Boy-- Hmmm....this is really tough...Has to be a really old one for you, and no, not Tetris. My Favorite one was Radar mission. I played it every day for a year (no I am serious).

But overall, I would have to say my absolute favorite is FF8, I never get tired of it, and I've even stolen my Playstation back from my dad in order to play it he he.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My favorite game would have to be either Call of Duty 2: Big Red One Collectors Edition or Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

C u later

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Platform:
PC (since it's all I have)

Contender:
Fallout (No. 1; sequel refused to install on my updated system)

Winner:
Jagged Alliance 2 (fanatically good; Louisa "Buzz" Garneau is my bestest most favourite game character ever - funny, man hating, víolent, and cuddly all at the same time)

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Mine Sweeper ofcourse
DuesEx
Transport Tycoon

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A few of my favorite games are:

Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3 for the NES.

Narc also for the NES.

Super Mario World for the Super NES.

And Goldeneye for the N64.