It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite game ever made, what is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
X-Com is the best game ever made, sans none. Its not only my favorite, its yours too, you just may not realize it yet...

I only played and I own X-Com Interceptor, but its an awsome game none the less.

My favorite game of all time? Lets see...the original Perfect Dark, Warzone 2100 for the PC, the Turok series, hmm...those are just some. =P

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
X-Com now there is a game I haven't played in a while. The first two incarnations X-COM: Enemy Unknown and X-Com: Terror From the Deep were both amazing games anlond with Interceptor as well. As for my favorite games of all time I would have to go with Colony Wars 1/2/3 for PS1, all of the Mechwarrior games, Mechcommander 1 and of course my absolute favorite, Outpost 2: Divided Destiny.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
One of my all time favourite games is Goldeneye on the Nintendo64. I could never get bored of that game. I just recently got an Xbox360 and my new favourite game is Perfect Dark Zero, it just takes me back to the good old days of goldeneye. Its by the same developers and you can tell. Theres just so much to do and the missions are really varied, not to mention online play on Xbox Live!. Its a game Im going to be playing for a long time.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is the one game that can stay on the PS2 for days on end, and it never gets boring, espeically with an added touch of :w: , and even more so with friends and .

Before that, if I can bring myself to think of a time Pro Evo didn't exist...hmm, it would have to be either Orcania of Time, Illusion of Time/Gaia, MGS (The first one, at the time, was mind blowing), Terranigma or the Soul Calibur and Tekken games.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by chebob]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is the one game that can stay on the PS2 for days on end, and it never gets boring, espeically with an added touch of :w: , and even more so with friends and .

Before that, if I can bring myself to think of a time Pro Evo didn't exist...hmm, it would have to be either Orcania of Time, Illusion of Time/Gaia, MGS (The first one, at the time, was mind blowing), Terranigma or the Soul Calibur and Tekken games.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by chebob]

Pro Evo 5 is a good game, I got it a couple of days after getting FIFA06 and I have to say it kicks FIFA's butt.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Without doubt, Final Fantasy 7.
I also enjoy Donkey Kong 1 and 2, Turok 1 and 2 (nr2 is impossible!), Metroid Prime, any Zelda game and the new arcade games for the XBOX360 (Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved etc)

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A few words for you all.

DOES ANYONE HERE PLAY REAL GAMES!?!

oh my fricken god you gotta be kidding me. So ^^^^you up there, with the tatoo, you looked promising, I thought you might play a MANLY game, but no, oh no, you play this gay crap.

Zelda??? Walking around as a fricken girl all day? Oh my god. Wow dude wow. Final Fantasy seven, where its like 1 million years and the future yet they are still using swords?! Dude, that is just freaking retarded ok.

How about, Rainbow six? What about Halo? What about Time splitters (at the least cause I admit that can be a homo sort of game)? Anything that involves MODERN COMBAT! Not the sword and RPG and 80's crap.

You guys are how old? If you are over the age of 12 and playing Mario vs. Luigi: the affair, than that is just SADNESS!

Oh my god. Wow. I mean I could understand if some of u are girls, that makes sense, but MEN? That are how old???? Just go play GTA. At least that will get some testosterone in you guy's system!
:bash:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hmm, I like those games better actually. I agree. >>; I like Zelda though, thats the only exception...

But I enjoy gun games best.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Without doubt, Final Fantasy 7.
I also enjoy Donkey Kong 1 and 2, Turok 1 and 2 (nr2 is impossible!), Metroid Prime, any Zelda game and the new arcade games for the XBOX360 (Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved etc)

Turok 2 was a freaking masterpiece.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My favourite board games on computer are Scrabble and chess. My favourite RPG is probably Neverwinter Nights, but there are so many that I enjoy it's hard to say... I played a lot of text-based RPGs as well. For action games, I used to be a Doom (1,2) addict, and I also like Deus Ex and Star Wars: Pod Racer. For strategy, Master of Orion 1 and 2 are good (3 sucks arse) and Age of Empires II (Conquerors and Kings). I also enjoy the computer version of Magic: the Gathering (I have both the Spells of the Ancients and Duel of the Planeswalkers expansions) and I used to play the card game for that, and still would, if all my opponents hadn't quit playing, lol. I haven't played too many console games, but as several others said, Super Mario Bros (1,2,3) were all fun, and on N64 I like Pod Racer.

Games I would love to try but haven't played or bought (due to silly school eating my time up) are World of Warcraft, Everquest, Doom 3, Jade Empire, Planescape: Torment, and Star Wars: Battlegrounds.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
see, ^^^^this guy is a MAN. He plays GOOD games. Doom 1 and 2 defineltely good. Kacen is also a MAN because he is playing MODERN games and not stuck in the past.

Any shooter games get the approval from me. Anything that involves people with technology and that use guns is approved. I am not saying that all sword games are bad, but most swordies are.

RPG to some gamers might mean Role-Playing-Game. But to me that means Rocket-Propelled-Grenade. Which is what the abbreviation is used for in real life and in shooters.

Does anyone notice that there are no good games on PS2 now a days. There used to be but now there isn't anything. I have xbox and PS2 and I basically got converted to xbox (after playing Halo for the first time in my life a long time ago) because of the good shoot em ups.

This is how a categorize the consoles:

Gamecube: Pretty much queer games. I mean Mario is getting old.

PS2: Has good sports games but has no good shooters. It doesn't make its own games which is bad because if it did, it would have more people buying it. It basically just mooches off of other game creating companies which is not bad to do, but they should use some of their own creativity.

Xbox: Creates its own games mostly. Has good shooter games. Has the most memory. Ability to save music to system. XBOX LIVE WHICH OWNS ALL SYSTEMS BY FAR. Actually it PWNS all systems by A LOT. Has interesting plot games. Games based on mulitplayer. The down-side is that since most of its games are based on multiplayer, they don't tend to work on the single-player. But when they do work on the Campaign a lot, it is usually good. And Example of a bad campaign but good multiplayer would be Halo 2 and The exact opposite of Halo 2 would be Halo. Halo had an OK multiplyer but the vehicles were a little hard to drive and cheap.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theorist is a 'real' man, he plays games with guns. LOL.

I just play games that I enjoy, I dont think to myself, 'I better not buy that game as it will make me look gay'.

I suppose if someone is a bit unsure of themselves though I can see why they may have to play only manly/gun orientated games games.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by PaulWillocks]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
A few words for you all.

oh my fricken god you gotta be kidding me. So ^^^^you up there, with the tatoo, you looked promising, I thought you might play a MANLY game, but no, oh no, you play this gay crap.

Zelda??? Walking around as a fricken girl all day? Oh my god. Wow dude wow. Final Fantasy seven, where its like 1 million years and the future yet they are still using swords?! Dude, that is just freaking retarded ok.

How about, Rainbow six? What about Halo? What about Time splitters (at the least cause I admit that can be a homo sort of game)? Anything that involves MODERN COMBAT! Not the sword and RPG and 80's crap.

You guys are how old? If you are over the age of 12 and playing Mario vs. Luigi: the affair, than that is just SADNESS!

Oh my god. Wow. I mean I could understand if some of u are girls, that makes sense, but MEN? That are how old???? Just go play GTA. At least that will get some testosterone in you guy's system!

There is no such thing as a manly game, if you think playing GTA and bragging about it in school makes you totally awesome I might just have found the reason why you never had sex with other people than yourself. I play games when I want to relax and experiene a good story, Final Fantasy 7 for example, instead of wathing a movie or reading a book, and I play retro games for nostalgic reasons.
Being a professional soldier I firmly believe you have no idea what a gun is, exept that clicking the left mouse button generates a 2d muzzle flash, plays a wave file and if the crosshair in the middle of the screen is pointing at a polygonal interpretation of a monster it dies and your mother once again reminds herself of how much better her life would be if she didnt get drunk that night. Stop being an idiot.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth

A few words for you all.

There is no such thing as a manly game, if you think playing GTA and bragging about it in school makes you totally awesome I might just have found the reason why you never had sex with other people than yourself. I play games when I want to relax and experiene a good story, Final Fantasy 7 for example, instead of wathing a movie or reading a book, and I play retro games for nostalgic reasons.
Being a professional soldier I firmly believe you have no idea what a gun is, exept that clicking the left mouse button generates a 2d muzzle flash, plays a wave file and if the crosshair in the middle of the screen is pointing at a polygonal interpretation of a monster it dies and your mother once again reminds herself of how much better her life would be if she didnt get drunk that night. Stop being an idiot.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i have bought, played and loved jade empire although it is way 2 short. And who determines what is a manly game and what is not a manly game. if u think that the only manly games are games with guns and shooting u are wrong and u r most likly playing these games because u r not manly enuf 2 do this in real life (ok so if u did do a GTA spree in real life u would definately get either WASTED or BUSTED) although GTA san andreas is 1 of the most fun games i hav played espeacially wen u go onto a mountain and take pot shots at ppl driving along the road below u
as well as multiplayer halo/halo 2 although i do believe that halo 2 should include the best gun in halo 1 THE PISTOL WITH THE ZOOM

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Favourite 1st Person - Deus EX (first one) and any kind of Medal of Honor/Call of Duty type games.

RTS - Command & Conquer Series

Driving - Project Gotham and Gran Turismo series

RPG - Final Fantasy series (7 is easily the best) also Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

Sports - Sensible Soccer (commodore amiga from the early 90's) beats FIFA and Pro Evo hands down for pure gameplay.

regards
flc

[edit on 25/1/06 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
No.1? Splinter Cell series. Solid who?

Frontier: Elite II,
Operation Flashpoint,
System Shock 2,
Cannon Fodder,
SWAT 3,
the Original Ghost Recon threesome
Half Life 1 & 2

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sad thing is, I only have gamecube. >

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

see, ^^^^this guy is a MAN. He plays GOOD games. Doom 1 and 2 defineltely good. Kacen is also a MAN because he is playing MODERN games and not stuck in the past.

Heads up: DOOM isn't modern, its futuristic.

Any shooter games get the approval from me. Anything that involves people with technology and that use guns is approved. I am not saying that all sword games are bad, but most swordies are.

There are guns in Daikatana but that doesnt make it a good game.

RPG to some gamers might mean Role-Playing-Game. But to me that means Rocket-Propelled-Grenade. Which is what the abbreviation is used for in real life and in shooters.

Have you ever fired a rocket launcher? I bed one trillion dollars you never have, heads up #2: You can't run long distanes with one, you can't carry more than a couple rounds, you can't reload it yourself while standing and espeially not running, you an barely jump with it, you can't aim it or fire it while running, and for your information there is also one thing called real life Role Playing Games that are a million times more common among civilians than Roket Propelled Grenades.

And you say swinging swords is stupid... pfft at least it's possible.

Does anyone notice that there are no good games on PS2 now a days. There used to be but now there isn't anything. I have xbox and PS2 and I basically got converted to xbox (after playing Halo for the first time in my life a long time ago) because of the good shoot em ups.

Maybe beause nowadays the PS2 is like 5 years old?

This is how a categorize the consoles:

Gamecube: Pretty much queer games. I mean Mario is getting old.

PS2: Has good sports games but has no good shooters. It doesn't make its own games which is bad because if it did, it would have more people buying it. It basically just mooches off of other game creating companies which is not bad to do, but they should use some of their own creativity.

Xbox: Creates its own games mostly. Has good shooter games. Has the most memory. Ability to save music to system. XBOX LIVE WHICH OWNS ALL SYSTEMS BY FAR. Actually it PWNS all systems by A LOT. Has interesting plot games. Games based on mulitplayer. The down-side is that since most of its games are based on multiplayer, they don't tend to work on the single-player. But when they do work on the Campaign a lot, it is usually good. And Example of a bad campaign but good multiplayer would be Halo 2 and The exact opposite of Halo 2 would be Halo. Halo had an OK multiplyer but the vehicles were a little hard to drive and cheap.

Heads up#3: None of the systems make their own games.

The GameCube has a lot of kiddie games indeed, but that doesnt make them bad. Wind Waker is critically acclaimed and most people who havent just looked at the screenshots agree that it is a great game. Metroid Prime (haven't played nr 2 yet) is one of the best first person shooters on that generation of consoles. Killer 7 is utterly original and fantastically pulled off. You'd probably like it, there's blood in it! OMG!!

The PS2 is out of date, the only reason why I bought one was to play FF7 and Singstar on vorspiels. There are some good games on it as on most systems but I havent played that many of them.

The XBOX is made by Mirosoft thus its lame, but as I already said, it's not the system that matters it's the games. Maybe you should give that statement a thought.

The XBOX360 shouldn't be compared to the previously mentioned consoles as it comes from another era, yet none of the games I have played on it have caught my attention except the arade games. Too bad I have sponsored MS with 2 of these damn machines, one for my brothers for xmas and one for myself. I expect among other companies Rare to deliver some great games in the future, but as of yet its been pretty weak, except the graphial part. All hail HD.

Edit: My C button is kinda broken.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Panzeroth]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
'Bloodrayne' for PS2.
I have never experienced such a greater game. GORE, GUNS and SEXY VAMPIRES! what more could yeh want?

My fave game for the PC right now is Lionhead's 'The Movies'

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join