It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best place in the world to visit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i thought i would start up this thread 2 c where ppl think is the best place 2 visit in the world.
btw dont just put ur own country or city try and think of places other than where born/live

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Greece is the word!!!!

I go year after year after year and will continue to do so until Ive seen every little bit.

The people are wonderful and Ive picked up the language easily. Everywhere u turn there is history and the weather is wonderful for most of the year.

Yammas!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For those people who love the mountains, I can think of one place in the US where the mountains make you think of absolute utopia. The Grandfather Mountains in NC.

They are truly one of the most amazing places I've ever been. If I could I'd move there and just let the world continue on its fast pace.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. (Canada)

This little island on the east coast of Canada has some of the best scenery the world has to offer, the people are small town people who are polite. You will not walk down a sidewalk without someone saying hello to you, and you have no idea who they are. It has the best ranked golf course in the country, and one of the best in the world. This little island has alot to offer, I have spent 20 years here so far.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, without a doubt. There are a tribe of people there who have been isolated from the rest of humanity for about 50,000 years and have still not been contacted. No-one knows how they got there, or what racial group they hail from. Would be fascinated to meet the Sentinelese, or at least see them from a distance. Of course, the best thing from the Sentinelese would be if there were left alone, because their culture would have the life expectancy of a chocolate teapot as soon as they met 'more advanced' people.

Plus, it's about the same latitude as Sri Lanka, so weather's not going to be bad either!

Cheers
TD

www.andaman.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would love to see the United Arab Emerates and the city of Dubai once that is all finished

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
I would love to see the United Arab Emerates and the city of Dubai once that is all finished

That's a place I would like to check out too. Often people think of tropical places, beaches, ocean water, etc. when they think about the best place to visit although I'd like to get a taste of the unusual.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Los Angeles, California

Hip, Fast, Beautiful in that Q. Tarentino kind of way and a great place to get Californicated. I love those Beaches.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
New York City. I go every 2 yrs with 25 mates, a $6000 beer fund and tons of laughter. Though I could go anywhere and it would be just as much fun.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
South America especially Machu Pichu in Peru its fantastic !

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
they have more food than subway man jared could eat in one sitting when he was fat and the people are nice scenery is nice well worth it plus its all inclusive go there!

[edit on 12-2-2006 by GrowingConspiracy]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Iceland is probably the most spectacular place I've been to, in terms of natural beauty.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would have to say Hong Kong. It's a beautiful city with interesting people, good food and the best shopping deals in the world.
I wish I could move there some day.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
[edit on 20-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Detroit LOL j/k

I would agree with Cape Breton and also Kelowna BC or anywhere in BC for that matter, its always a visual extreme.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree with hong kong. the culture, food, sights and everything make it the best place in the world, imo.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Merthyr Tydfil, S Wales. Cosmic. Its got it all.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
New Orleans was a great city to go to, but not now. But i will tell you, Louisiana as a state has a lot of great places to see. Cajun country, planation houses, Voodoo, and the best food in the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just spent 2 weeks in the Florida Keys and had a fantastic time. Parrot heads Rock. Big fish, Beautiful women, Beautiful ocean, Lots of Blues, R&R, C&W in funky beerjoints. I can't wait to go back!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so far, Cortona, Italy

but, I love NYC and the Florida Keys, too!

I'm leaving for Istanbul and other places in Turkey early tomorrow morning so, I'll let you know...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join