It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love at first site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Although a nice concept, does anyone here believe it really exists? I don't mean seeing someone and getting to know them because they are attractive, but I mean seeing someone and falling right at that moment. Like an awakening that this is SUPPOSED to be? If you believe it does, explain why, and/or, and stories you know of it... please.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'll get back to you when it happens to me

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
My wife. The first time I saw her, I knew that she was the one for me.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
let me ask you how you met your wife. What happened that you knew right away? Did she know right away as well?

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes i have experienced this lol,
and i was with him for 7 years,

One day i was in a swimming pool and i looked in the distance and saw this man, i was hooked from the moment i saw him, he came nearer and i just stared right at him lol, he smiled at me and i nearly melted,

my friend saw him 10 mins later.... and she went over to him and said, "my friend thinks your kinda cool" to my horror!

but he laughed and said well i think shes kinda cool aswell,

next thing i knew i was being dragged over to chat to him and from that moment we knew it was special,

he was my first real love, and though we are now parted (on good terms) we will always love each other in a special way,

so yep i think it can happen, and heck its great!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
For those who have experienced love at first sight I applaud you. There are not many people in the world who can say that they experienced that emotion. I don't have anything against those people, I just don't believe that there is such a thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
the real reason I asked is because I'm not sure what I should think of something that just happened to me. I, being a 21 year-old college student, went to mall to finish my christmas shopping on christmas eve.
. However, on the way to the mall I heard a song called "You're Beautiful - James Blunt." If you've never heard the song it is about a guy who sees this girl on the train and they connect immediately, but he feels that he will never see her again, and feels that they were meant for each other, and he didn't know what to do at the time. We'll as I heard that, I remember saying, if something like that happened to me, I would definitely talk to the girl. So, I arrived at the mall, was looking for some clothes for my dad for christmas. I walked by the Cashier at Carson-Pierrie Scott, checked her out from the corner of my eye because she looked around my age. I felt that she was ugly, so I had no worries going up to check out. Turns out I got a bad glimpse of her. When I got in line to check out I looked at her and she was Gorgeous! Rather, she looked perfect! Not saying she was flawless, but she looked, well perfect is the only way I can describe it, at least to me. I couldn't look at her but yet I couldn't NOT look at her, terrible grammar, I know. So, I would find myself looking and looking away. She was focused on the customer in front of her, meanwhile a thousand thoughts were running through my head, and then we made accidental eye contact and she quickly looked away, as did I. She wouldn't look up for the rest of the ladies transaction in front of me, and I became so incredibly nervous. I have never been so nervous to be around another human being. When I got up there, she didn't make eye contact with me to start, and became much more shy around me then the previous customers. She also seemed more fidgity and somewhat nervous, but that may have been my own askewed view of the situation. Then she would look at me when I was looking down or away, and there were brief moments of eye contact. In the end I was far too nervous to say anything really productive, but really wanted to just ask her out to eat or something. It kind of scared the # out of me because it came out of no where. Since then, I can't stop thinking about this girl I saw at a store, whom I don't know the name of. I've been debating about going back there and talking to her, maybe asking her for help to break the ice, or just buying something to talk to her and ask her to go out to eat or something. However, I don't know if perhaps I'm the only one overreacting in this scenario.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ryanp5555, go ask that girl out. If you don't it will be on your list of regrets, and that is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dude,
You have got to go back. Before you make convo contact though, make convo with at least five other girls first to get the bbbbbbzzzzzzzzz out of you. Do some self talk about how great you are in you head and what you will ask her. This self talk is important in the hormone dump you experienced earlier. Of course make sure you see her before initiating ANY of this as it is a waste otherwise.

When you talk to her be easy like you've known her forever. Treat her like an old friend and you are just catching up on stuff. Joke and ask if she'd like to get a tea or coffee when she gets off. DO NOT do the "if not I understand" thing. Just say something like "let me get your number" and hand her a pen and paper like it is expected she will give it if she can't because of some other thing planned (washing her hair, seeing her BF etc). If she has a BF it is ok. He can go away and it will be you who is with her not him. There is a cool routine at fastseduction.com called the boyfriend killer that can get you who you want to see if they use this line. Remember to be armed for the excuses with challenges, it shows determination and persistance. Chicks really like a guy who is determined and persistant, it is a good character trait and attractive. Confidence is tied into this. Chicks cannot stand a guy who is wussbag, be a man.

[edit on 27/12/05 by OneGodJesus]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Treat her like an old friend and you are just catching up on stuff. Joke and ask if she'd like to get a tea or coffee when she gets off. DO NOT do the "if not I understand" thing.

Why?

Just say something like "let me get your number" and hand her a pen and paper like it is expected she will give it if she can't because of some other thing planned (washing her hair, seeing her BF etc).

Sorry but this is REALLY bad advice.. when guys do this they get a NO because it comes off as manipulative and domineering.. I guess because it is.

If she has a BF it is ok. He can go away and it will be you who is with her not him. There is a cool routine at fastseduction.com

'How to spike a girls drink without her noticing..'

Remember to be armed for the excuses with challenges, it shows determination and persistance. Chicks really like a guy who is determined and persistant, it is a good character trait and attractive.

Shall he wear a trench coat for this approach?

Ryanp5555,
Wait until it's not so busy and try actually talk to her.. develop a base friendship if she's open to it and go from there. If it is a mutual 'love at first sight', things will happen anyway.. neither of you would be able to resist it.

To be 21 again..

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Dude,
You have got to go back. Before you make convo contact though, make convo with at least five other girls first to get the bbbbbbzzzzzzzzz out of you. Do some self talk about how great you are in you head and what you will ask her. This self talk is important in the hormone dump you experienced earlier. Of course make sure you see her before initiating ANY of this as it is a waste otherwise.

When you talk to her be easy like you've known her forever. Treat her like an old friend and you are just catching up on stuff. Joke and ask if she'd like to get a tea or coffee when she gets off. DO NOT do the "if not I understand" thing. Just say something like "let me get your number" and hand her a pen and paper like it is expected she will give it if she can't because of some other thing planned (washing her hair, seeing her BF etc). If she has a BF it is ok. He can go away and it will be you who is with her not him. There is a cool routine at fastseduction.com called the boyfriend killer that can get you who you want to see if they use this line. Remember to be armed for the excuses with challenges, it shows determination and persistance. Chicks really like a guy who is determined and persistant, it is a good character trait and attractive. Confidence is tied into this. Chicks cannot stand a guy who is wussbag, be a man.

[edit on 27/12/05 by OneGodJesus]

No offense, but that was probably the trashiest site I have ever seen. I wasn't looking for help on getting laid, I'm in college, If I wanna get laid I can! I'll go in there and just say what I know/believe will work. Thanks for the advice though. Oh and btw, anytime a guy comes up to a random girl and asks her out on a date, you are showing confidence. I don't know of any "wussbags" that would behave in such a manner.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
No offense, but that was probably the trashiest site I have ever seen. I wasn't looking for help on getting laid, I'm in college, If I wanna get laid I can! I'll go in there and just say what I know/believe will work. Thanks for the advice though. Oh and btw, anytime a guy comes up to a random girl and asks her out on a date, you are showing confidence. I don't know of any "wussbags" that would behave in such a manner.

No offese taken. The thing about the site. It like most things in life is just a tool to use to gain insight into the relationship mindset of an unstable person. I have used this site as a great helper, and no not to get laid.

I worked with this lady who was a real pain in the hinds. After trying to be nice for three months, I tried one of the techniques described in there to change her attitude. To be honest, not sure if all of the techniques work, I have only used a few. All of the ones I used worked and the relationship worked out better because of it.

Not everything I said in my post is in relation to sex. It is just that most guys do not understand that women have a distinct advantage over us. They understand how we think and react 90 % of the time if they have had a conversation with us for 5 minutes. Most guys will buy them whatever they want, whenever they want to purchase the attention and love. Women do not want this, they want someone who is "strong but sensitive" to cut and paste from almost every singles site out there. Now who can be strong and sensitive at the same time besides an actor? Have you ever noticed that the guys who are giant phallics tend to have a great looking woman on their arm? Coincidence? No, they have part of what women understand is a 1/2 cooked mate. In most instances they will not get the rest though and will be wishy-washy during the relationship, in and out of love. Look at the domestic diturbance, the guy beats the girl (sometimes a 9or 10) and she calls us. We come and then get ready to take him away. 9 of 10 she doesn't want him to go and won't press charges. We take him away anyway for battery but that is not relevant to this thread.

What women really want is strong, persistant, confident and an honest ear to talk to. We cangive them this. I haven't been to the site in about a year so don't know what it says now (sorry should have looked before I leaped on that one). But what I got out of it was that I was an AFC looking to placate any female who would give me five minutes of convo. Now, I jst listen instead of talk for the most part. Guide the convo to gain better insight into that most wonderful of things, woman.

mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 28-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet:

In the words of Murray Walker, "Go! Go! Go!". Seriously, you don't wanna look back in a years time and think "I wish I did that...". Just go for it, man.

I wish you good luck and tell us how it goes.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Haha I thought you meant a website at first, so I had some giggle. Like you found some girl on some internet website, and fell for her. I mean thats not bad, since its hard to find someone these day, but I giggled.

Love at first "sight" yes, I do believe its true, has it happened to me, yes, but I screwed it up, yes, but I was young...really really young. Do I regret it, well sorta. I know I won't screw up my second chance again, don't screw it up!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My husband will tell you that he knew right away that I was meant to be his. He saw me in the halls of school in October one day, and after then, he wanted to ask me out. He was friends with my best friend at the time, and she finally introduced us. I accepted his request to be my boyfriend after a month, and began dating him.

That was back in 1989. I was 14 and in the 9th grade. We were together on and off during high school, but he swore he was my soulmate. We moved in together in 1994. I had three gorgeous children by him, and once we were financially stable, we married in 1998.

We celebrated our 7 year anniversary on December 22nd.

Don't give up on it, true love at first sight does exist.

top topics

join