It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV and Radio signals???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
How do aliens find us how did they know that life existed on this planet. I have a guess that they knew we were here because they picked on our radio and TV singnals like many planets away singnals from our carried to theirs.

But then before all this was invented their was still sightings of aliens here in this world so you all probably think I am crazy but even if the reason they found us was not through tv and radio singnals and they knew of us before do you think our radio and tv singnals carry to other planets and how do you think they would react if they even can somehow see and hear the images on the signals like what effects would these signals even have on these outer world beings.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
could be, but the signals they would be recieving now would be broadcasts of the lucy show. (takes that long for them to get there). they could use (or have used) high powered telescopes also.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Some believe that what attracted them was nuke testing. Somehow it affects time and space by causing disruptions which can be detected a great distance away. Sounds good to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by THENEO
Some believe that what attracted them was nuke testing. Somehow it affects time and space by causing disruptions which can be detected a great distance away

If you read Von Daniken's work, he makes the point that we have always been visited by aliens. The evidence is there, just slightly distorted.

I thought of the movie " Galaxy Quest" when I saw this topic. An alien civilisation entirely based itself on a tv show they picked up on.

There was also a line in an old Mork & Mindy episode where Mork says that alien civilisations have been recieving our signals for years, including the commercials, which is why we have so many ufo sightings, they come here for the shopping

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They've definitely been here before all of that... However, as NEO pointed out, the bomb testing is what seemed to cause the #-storm... Not to mention, crashes. The majority of crash cases occurred around this time...oddly enough...and seemingly gave us the first glimpses into their tech... Perhaps this is their methodology? Let some tech fall into their hands, see if they can figure it out...then approach and make deals....???

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What evidence is there that they exist? I have looked before, but found nothing at all to back up the allegations that aliens have landed here in the past.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
What evidence is there that they exist? I have looked before, but found nothing at all to back up the allegations that aliens have landed here in the past.

That what exists? Flying saucers? You only need to look into the 1980 Rendlesham forest incident and the released documents on it to realize that indeed something that man did not create landed at the Bentwaters air base.

Colonel Halt and his men who witnessed the event, after 22 years, finally got their reports out of the government. There were pictures and film taken of the events too, but they have "disappeared".

The incredibly weak debunking is that the men saw a stationary light house. It holds no water. These soldiers were trained and quite sober spotters that could tell a plane and something that is not a plane apart. That was their job. What those men saw and reported on was something not of this earth. Flying saucers if you prefer.

And yes, they landed.

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's something we just don't know about yet. Maybe there is energy force that all living things give off and they found a way to locate it from any distance in the universe. I beleive we have been not only visited, but also tampered with for a very long time. We may very well be part of something more then we are "presently" aware of. But I think we are making progress because we are now starting to look deeper and a lot of people are starting to question the answers we were given.

I do know this, if we are alone in the universe (and I am pretty sure we can't be) that in itself would be just as fantastic, maybe even a bit more if you think about it

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Its fairly obvious that the governments of the world are keeping information back. They know a whole heck of a lot more than what leaks out. I don't suggest even theorizing as there are people on this planet who already know, but won't tell us, what is coming to this planet.

Much of what credible people have said (military people and astronauts), have come to the conclusion that they are indeed space aliens.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My guess is they've known we are here waaaayyyyy before any modern technology existed. I think they've know of our existence for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So how can they communicate? if not by radio,tv signals then how??

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
maybe they use frequencies much higher than we can measure or perhaps they use something more interdimensional. Maybe even communicating through gravity pulses or background radiation.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hehe, reminds me of the Futurama episode, when the Aliens threaten to attack earth if they dont get to see a thousand year old Ally Mcbeal episode

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
lurking,

good question and one that we have to ask ourselves if we desire contact and want to do an end-run around the so called 'authorities' that run this earth.

I'm of the belief that aliens would literally use the universe itself to communicate. Their mastery of physics would allow this.

In that case their methods would both be much advanced to ours and in other ways seemingly primitive.
What I mean by primitive is that we now 'generate' our signals as though this is some high technology but in fact there may be much more 'natural' methods of communications available to us and them.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's funny because the first TV broadcast was of Hitler. Talk about first impressions.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Interesting. Do you have a link to this Rendlesham forest incident?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
supposidly the alien races that seeded earth knew all about us and kept coming back to see how we are getting on and never left.

Graham

new topics

top topics

join