It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams and representations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Does any one know about dreams and what they represent.I think that what happens to you in them my reflect on whats happening inside you
or mabey its showing us whats going on in our lives.Others say that its
a collection of your mind viewing stored information.

There is also the thought that dreams are the view of your pyschee while travelling to other realms planes or dimensions.I wonder what some of you might think on this....

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Personally, I have a few dreams that have really made me wonder
... not to long ago I had a dream that I was driving a red Grand Am, for whatever reason??? .. the next day I woke up to go to work, I step outside and to my surprise the first car I see going by my house is a red Grand Am, driving by a lady. What could this possibly mean?>

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think dreams can be many things.
First, dreams that are stored memories from what you have been doing during the day, last few days, weeks and months. Sometimes I'll get off work, go to bed, and dream about work or things I did at work (I hate doing that!!)

Second, dreams that are representations of hopes and dreams, fears and subconscious desires. Nightmares can be included in these. These can be represented in literal form, or as an archetype. Some of these dreams have a meaning that people can generalize. For example, the monster chasing you is something that you have been fearing, such as a new job. I have many dreams like these that are action oriented. I always like being a hero in my dreams, and I am usually off trying to save somebody.

Third, dreams about these people/places or actually true astral travel. Usually when people talk about flying or traveling to places and even talking to their loved ones who have died, and/or spirit guides, these dreams are usually noted as astral travel. These can be actual dreams or a true OBE. I believe falling dreams have something to do with the astral body trying to leave.

Fourth, prophetic dreams. Dreams that tell of the possible future. Before the 9/11 attacks many people reported having types of dreams with tall buildings on fire, or big stacks of smoke billowing. Many mothers have accurately predicted the sex of their child due to a dream.
Just recently I had a dream that me and my family were over at my grandma's house for dinner and my aunt announced she was pregnant. Well, last night (Christmas Eve) she announced her 3 month along pregnancy. I was happy, and not really too surprised!!

Fifth, Lucid dreams, dreams when you know you are dreaming are always fun because you can control what appear in your dreams. When I have them I usually think of flying (fun!) and always shout out for the people who I love, who have died, to come visit me right now in my dreams!!

Dreams for me usually mix, and I can have variations of all dreams states in the same exact dream sequence!! That makes for one hellava dream!!

I am sure there are plenty more dream states, I just mentioned some that occur to me most often!!

I am not really into dream books, because even though some symbols are a general consensus of what dreams mean--symbols, objects, and situations--those things in dreams are different for every individual.
For example, a lot of books state that when you dream of losing your teeth you subconsciously think you are failing at something or are afraid to fail at something. I have had dreams of my teeth falling out. I'm not sure if I feel at I was failing something at the moment or not.

I am a big advocate of decoding your own dreams. I feel like I have decoded this ongoing dream: In my dreams steps are ALWAYS a huge challenge for me. I absolutely fear stairs in my dreams. Going down or up, they never have railings, have huge spaces in the steps, and always go really high or low. I am usually stuck right in the middle and I can go up or down. For me, this was pretty easy to decode. It's true that I get stuck in ruts, and I get afraid to go up in life, or challenge/enlighten myself, but yet, I can't go down either, so there I am stuck in the same place.

Just my thoughts on this stuff!!!

[edit on 12/25/2005 by AlphaCentauri]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What I know about dreams and sleep........

Dreams are the result of left brain function that turns non-physical concepts into pictograms just before you wake up.

The average person sleeps 25 years of their life. What happens when you sleep, is that your mind goes into a level of existance called 'Hyperspace'. Hyperspace is a complex topic, but its a realm that goes beyond the astral.

Hyperspace consists of tone, colours and archetypes. Hyperspace has no time or space. This is why when you come back from hyperspace, the left logical brain says 'hold on, i don't understand this' and tries to interpret them using images and symbolism stored in your memories. However every thought in hyperspace has a specific symbol that the left brain knows about and thus uses them. THis is how dreams can be interpreted

There are other forms of dreams, ranging from prophetic to lucid..........even programming dreams.

Programming dreams are that of individuals who are specifically programmed (off topic here) however these people dream in certain ways, they seem real, they consists of aliens/religious figures and wild sexual actions. These dreams are influenced by ELF transmissions targeted to certain groups or individuals in certain areas.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
dreams could be a creation of angelic origin, astrally projecting images dramaticing events formented out of your sub concious. not to say that i always believed they were occurances on a higher dimensional realm, i just think their is a higher power invovled in the creation of dreams. some are sureal, some are emotional, some are downright personal in nature, some are fun, and some are disturbing. they play on your deepest emotions and spur radicle change from within. sometimes i dont even dream at all. so their just has to be a level of method to all the dreaming madness.

or perhaps they are a simple synopsis of your subconcious

take care chao

[edit on 25-12-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merger

Programming dreams are that of individuals who are specifically programmed (off topic here) however these people dream in certain ways, they seem real, they consists of aliens/religious figures and wild sexual actions. These dreams are influenced by ELF transmissions targeted to certain groups or individuals in certain areas.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Merger

I have had the dreams with aliens and wild ssexual actions..i also believe i was abducted.....i had my latest dream on christmas eve....i saw two planet sized objects surronding the moon..one of them was moving..i wonder if this was whats written in revelations chapter 12 verse 1

[edit on 25-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
where they UFO's mabye?!?! they have ships out there ya know! giant ones!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
where they UFO's mabye?!?! they have ships out there ya know! giant ones!

Planet x is the only thing ive herd of that is a spaceship/planet...i think that is what i saw in my dream...it was moivng fast!...im really not sure what the other planet sized object was...maybe it could have been the sun...but what kind of force could bring the sun and moon so close to each other?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i had a dream once where an exalted planet type being floating through the galaxy it was bright but it had a distuishable demeanor, a face. it proceded to say " you cant beat me" it was truely awe inspiring. and has since inspired me to further my cause to self betterment. trust me man when planets start talking to you its pretty hard not to believe in some form of god

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've just had a dream and it was about a fuel depot exploding, I even remember the name of the depot in my dream (but I'll keep that one to myself), I remember somebody getting blown into the air and I dragged them back indoors, and then for some reason we had to arm ourselves with weapons to protect ourselves.

Oh I also remember in my dream my central heating boiler started leaking!!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Merger

I have had the dreams with aliens and wild ssexual actions..i also believe i was abducted.....i had my latest dream on christmas eve....i saw two planet sized objects surronding the moon..one of them was moving..i wonder if this was whats written in revelations chapter 12 verse 1

[edit on 25-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

Hi there, this could be signs of programming. Alien scenario programming is called 'Greenstar programming' and is programming of alien and space scenarios in human beings to fascilitate a fake alien invasion. The dreams you have are probably part of this....... I personally would take revelation with a pinch of salt..... as it was re-written by the elite to fulfill their own agendas....... however you are free to believe what you want

All the best
Merger

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hi there, this could be signs of programming. Alien scenario programming is called 'Greenstar programming' and is programming of alien and space scenarios in human beings to fascilitate a fake alien invasion. The dreams you have are probably part of this....... I personally would take revelation with a pinch of salt..... as it was re-written by the elite to fulfill their own agendas....... however you are free to believe what you want

All the best
Merger

I will take your advice..thank you

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have heard that a dream with alot of people is common and unimportant,Where as a dream with a handful or no people is supposed to mean something anone heard about this?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I always like being a hero in my dreams, and I am usually off trying to save somebody.

Hope i did that right...

I always seem to be a hero running for my life.Never able to resolve what it is that im trying to do but never loose either.It always seems to be a moment in a long histroy(that i know and feel?).Then smack back to reality..

new topics

top topics

join