It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God create other worlds???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If God is so incredible that he knows exactly what everyone on earth is thinking and doing 24/7 then is it not possible that he has created multiple worlds and sits back and watches how each is evolving???

The bible does not state that God only created one world!!

The bible also makes references to creatures coming down from the sky. Eg: Revelations 9:3 "Out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth".

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
yes you are right,by the way what went wrong.when come to the modern era it look like they forgetin the way their own anchestor use the path to come in to earth system.or there is something else e.g they come in the night like a thief and go without no one notice it.
or the NWO actually the one who control it the path to the earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
u have a brilliant point there jubilee that is quite possible god created more then one planet i never really thought of that

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Qur'an talks about worlds, plural, throughout the book. It is always " God created worlds, heavens (also plural) and everything in between".
Also, Qur'an mentions jinns, beings created from fire that does not burn. They have their own world, some are good some bad, just like humans, but we can't see them. Their world is close, but invisible. Another dimension, perhaps? btw, these Jinns are not those ginies in the bottle, thats western comercial version of it.

So yeh, God did create other worlds

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by paperclip]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My religion fully believe that God created more than one world.

"The Formless Supreme Being abides in the Realm of Eternity. Over His creation He casts His glance of grace. In that Realm are contained all the continents and the universes, Exceeding in number all count. Of creation worlds upon worlds abide therein; All obedient to His will; He watches over them in bliss, And has each constantly in mind." (Guru Nanak, Japji)

Deep

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I find it hard to credit that God would create only one world where life existed amidst an endless field of lifeless debris so yes I think he's created many worlds and universes. I see God as more an organising principle at work chugging out new models all the time and leaving them to work things out and evolve.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sorry to drag poor john titor in this, but he has a really interesting philosphical point about the "multiple worlds" theory:

[In multiple worlds theory there are infinte out comes and all good, bad, etc. things have happen] "Since both events are certain, their value is neutral.
Therefore, you can only assign goodness and badness to the events and experiences you have direct control over or witness. Only actions are good and bad, not people or things."

and

"This is an excellent question that causes a great deal of controversy. Since every possible outcome, event and possibility is happening and will happen, then all good and all evil balances out in the superverse. After the reality of multiple worlds sank into our collective thought, the one basic change to all religious dogma is the concept that good and evil does not exist as an organized force in our lives nor can it be used as a useful way to judge what God may think of a situation. Good and evil are personal experiences that can only guide what we do as individuals and how we relate to others. This outlook also makes it impossible for me to judge any other person or event. We cannot see the entire universe as God sees it therefore we will never be Gods or be capable of judging anything outside of ourselves. My actions can only be judged as good and bad by me and my God. "

finally,

"The other major difference is in the concept of good and evil. With multiple worlds come multiple decisions and outcomes. For every good act, there is an equal and possible bad act on another worldline. Taken to the extreme, this must mean that in God�s eyes, there is no total good and total bad in the superverse. It balances itself out to infinity. I believe we are judged on the decisions we make as individuals and the good/evil I see on my worldline is an illusion that has no worth to God. My reaction to it is what�s important to God. Although this may seem rather heartless, it does allow me to see past the evil that people do and acknowledge the core of potential goodness inside them."

from www.mysticfish.net...
and
www.mysticfish.net...

quack or not, he's made some very good points.

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When looking at what today is the known Universe one is forced to consider the very real possibility of life beyond that on earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
think of this maybe: What if there is a god for each world? Maybe they are all hanging out with each other playing poker together sharing stories about how their world is going at war with itself??? I dunno, it's just a thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think it's supreme arrogance of us to assume we are the only beings in the universe.

Why wouldnt God have created other worlds?

They just might not be life as we know it , or recognise it.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I wonder if there are other worlds? O.K there are planets but worlds??

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
im not really into all this religious stuff, but didnt it say somewhere that god created man in the image of himself?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by ihatethisplace
im not really into all this religious stuff, but didnt it say somewhere that god created man in the image of himself?

yes it says that in Genesis. Is that the image physically or the image spiritually?

Also, it doesnt say that God didnt do the same thing elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
God created man in his image - his spiritual image. God in heaven is a spiritual being and not a human form. He created us with the potential to be like him spiritually. If he created other worlds with other creatures they could have a different physical form but still have a soul like we humans do.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I once read a really awesome short story - I still have he book around somewhere. Basically, the Earth is invaded by a race of reptillian bi-peds who are bent on utterly destroying humanity as a whole. As the main characters fight to survive, they come in contact with the invaders and learn that they are religious fanatics!

The aliens claim the God promised them the Earth as their Holy Land, and that they were free to wipe out humanity. God also told them that He once had a covenant with the Terrans, but they had long since broken it and were no longer worshipful and followers of His ways. There is even a burning bush scene where God speaks to the aleins and commands them to wipe out the humans.

All looks lost, as the aliens technology seems unbeatable. Whenever the humans seemed in reach of winning a battle, the "hand of God" would reach out and draw up a hurricane, earthquake, or some other natural disaster to counter the humans.

But (very interestingly) the humans learn the Gods power generally only reaches as far as controlling weather, nature, etc. and they arm nuclear missiles with human pilots on suicide missions agains the aliens, with success. The end of the book shows the humans all gathering in a victory celebration after winning their first major battle against the aliens, with the human leaders cursing God as a traitor, and vowing that God has just made a fearful and powerful enemy.

I believe the story was part of a collection of works that were, singlely, never published. It was an interesting idea, however...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
I think it's supreme arrogance of us to assume we are the only beings in the universe.

Why wouldnt God have created other worlds?

They just might not be life as we know it , or recognise it.

Agreed, and on top of that, why do we assume that life has to be based on carbon? It is plausible that life can be based on say, silicon. There have been experiments in regards to this, can't remember them off the top of my head. Something about a lifeform of plasma that reproduces and such.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This may be a verse of interest to you. The NIV uses universe instead of worlds, but you still get the picture.

Hebrews 11
3 (King James Version) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"I shall prepare my Father's house"...

Where is the house? Where did Enoch and Jesus go, when they were lifted to heaven?

The Face of Mars... proof there are other planets in the galaxy...

If we have, in our religious texts, in statues on neighboring planets, and scientific evidence there are other planets, then why wouldn't there be other life?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
we yes, there are at least nine other planets that we know of in our solar system alone.

And just in case you are now scratching your head, i read somewhere that another planet has now been identified beyone pluto.

top topics

join