It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why nobody likes America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by Harlequin
i dunno - 14 marines ARE an effective force

30 royal marines managed to almost sink an argentinian warship with just small arms and rockets.

What an embarassment that must have been for the Argentenians.

Anyhow, I dont think that this blue on blue engagement is all intentional, some possibly, I recognize that. But Iraq is hardly what you can call a stable environment for the mind to stop and think about what youre firing at. In urban combat it is much more tense, as danger is around every corner as far as a man out in the field is concerned. In such an environment aiming and firing becomes reflexive more than it remains a concious action. Any movment could be your enemy and hesitation could get you killed. Id say above all, its the environment that causes most of these incidents.

[edit on 3/14/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I beleive the quote you state about the marines and the warship is from the falklands war, in that case the British absolutely destroyed the Argentinian force, a class example of a quick desicive victory over a lesser opponent, however the USA does not have the same calibre of troop training and of course, Iraq will never be won.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

I have to keep reminding myself of this every time I see one of Uk_United's posts....

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uk_United
I beleive the quote you state about the marines and the warship is from the falklands war,

It was, very start of the war with RM commandos from HMS Endurance (orah!) and the local detachment almost destroyed the ship when she sailed into the bay.

however the USA does not have the same calibre of troop training and of course, Iraq will never be won.

With respect I beg to differ, we are smaller and therefore focus more on training, they are bigger therefore focus less on training and more on equiping thier troops.

bih

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Everybody loves America. People are STILL dying to get here, inspite of our current problems.

What people do not like is this current government we have. They are the ones, they are the Pepe le Pew's.

bah what does america have that other countries dont
please

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Only In America

Originally posted by bih
bah what does america have that other countries dont
please

Oh, where to begin?!?

- Skeet surfing

- The Simpsons

- Snakes On A Plane

- The Stoned Owl

- Pauly Shore

I could continue, but I can tell you're jealous already.

Go on, admit it. You're jealous.

U S A! U S A! U S A!

YAA AAAA AYY!!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

After all, another thing America has that no other country has is our attitude.

[edit on 3/19/2006 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
20,000,000 illegal aliens can't all be wrong - America is still and will always be the greatest country in this world. People don't drift here on wooden rafts or cross brutal deserts to come here, risking life and limb, for nothing. Sure we have our problems socially and politically, but what country doesn't? Our quality of life and standard of living is one of if not the highest anywhere. The only people who really have a problem with the U.S. as a country are the ones who don't live here, have never been here or are trying to get here and can't. When Iranians, North Koreans, Cubans and the French (yes France) hate our country and show contempt for our people, it simply implies to me that we are doing something right. Not trying to flame anyone here, but I have to say that all of this idiotic mindless rhetoric and all out America bashing is getting old and tired. Im in no way implying that people shouldn't question governments and policies anywhere, but at the same time do not blame all of the worlds problems on the US. Remember - It's easier to focus all of your hate and disdain toward the country that is in the spotlight, because maybe that way you don't have to look internally at what a corrupt cess pool your own country and it's government really is. Everyone needs a scapegoat.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
"Why nobody likes America", straight from the lips of a well-travelled Briton (not the poster):

~ When Americans visit other countries they litter, speak loudly, expect the natives to speak English, and deface property

~ The US exports terrible food and, in recent years, worse music

~ The US government tries to dictate what other countries should do

~ Americans are fat because they don't exercise and they eat too much

~ Americans are wasteful of natural resources and greedy in general

~ In short, the US thinks it's the center of the universe, but it's really just another has-been country

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In Good Company

Originally posted by brEaDITOR
~ In short, the US thinks it's the center of the universe, but it's really just another has-been country

Indeed, we are just another has-been country, in a world full of them.

Thankfully, we have so many fine examples of national humility to learn from: assistance which comes in the form of criticism from those who assert they are superior to us in every meaningful way and that we are obnoxious fools for not complying with their every whim and kowtowing in response to their every complaint.

In short, our unforgivable crime is being so very much like them.

Gotta love the irony.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Majic:

I've done a lot of travelling myself and I've personally observed some of the behavior my friend describes. Americans are loud, they do deface property, they do get upset when people don't speak English, and they do litter.

Europeans try hard to conserve their resources. They walk or use a bike instead of driving. They don't eat as much and they don't drink themselves into oblivion as I've seen Americans do, even in foreign countries.

You can't totally discount these observations. These are legitimate issues.

The biggest problem other countries have with the US is its government policies, our behavior towards the rest of the world. We really tend to think about ourselves and what we want instead of considering the whole, so to speak, and respecting the rights of other countries to run their own affairs themselves.

I think we can do much better than we are, but the changes must occur from the top down. Frankly, I don't see that happening any time soon.

[edit on 3/19/2006 by brEaDITOR]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is hallarious! LOL!

American Mad Man,

"I request that the mods ban Mr Conspiracy, as he is clearly not presenting conspiracy directed threads, and instead trying to push a political view on us all. This thread has a place - maybe - on PTS in the mud pit, but certainly not on ATS. "

Being an American SANE man, It's my patriotic duty to point out, that free speech is protected under the CONSTITUTION of United States of America, unless MAD American Man, continue to rob us of it.

Why nobody likes America? Because of the backwards IDIOTS we seem to be BREEDING in the backyards of isolated trailer parks and other red state areas infested with ignorance.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ignorants Abroad

I've done a lot of travelling myself and I've personally observed some of the behavior my friend describes. Americans are loud, they do deface property, they do get upset when people don't speak English, and they do litter.

I've heard the same said of people from other countries, including those whose citizens might tend to think themselves saintly beyond reproach.

It all depends on who you ask. I won't name names, but seriously. Ask around in Thailand, for example, or Morocco, or Singapore. Or say, Hawaii.

In vacation spots where large numbers of people from any country congregate, you will hear this sort of thing.

In Europe, it's the Americans who are so awful. But go hang out at Disneyland/Disneyworld and see who's playing the role of the boorish, obnoxious litter-spewing tourist.

I've lived in several different U.S. localities that are popular destinations for tourists from other countries, and I've seen plenty of this. But I don't blame entire countries for the behavior of some of their tourists. Hint hint.

It's all a matter of perspective, and despite my rather outlandish way of making the point, there is a madness to my method.

Observational Discount

You can't totally discount these observations. These are legitimate issues.

No, I don't. I know plenty of Americans who fit the description to a tee.

But us fellow Americans find them just as intolerable as everyone else does. Why do you think we send them over to your country in the first place?

Again, I urge maintaining a sense of perspective.

A broad brush paints a crude picture.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I even went back to the original post to see why this is in WoT, still haven't found a reason for it.

Moving to Slugfest.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
WoA

Originally posted by intrepid
I even went back to the original post to see why this is in WoT, still haven't found a reason for it.

Yeah really. Seems to me like way too may WoT threads are really just anti-U.S. threads, you know?

You launch a few missiles, invade a few countries, and suddenly, you're the bad guy.

What's up with that?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

But us fellow Americans find them just as intolerable as everyone else does. Why do you think we send them over to your country in the first place?

I am an American.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
man.... THE REASON NO ONE LIKES US IS BECAUSE:
the war on terrorism was executed through a series of lies and tricks
we killed our own people at 9/11
we are jerks to the nations that were our allies
we have the pontential to destroy all powerful nations with a premtive nuke strike
and: we are the riches nation in the world

that enough for ya?

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76
私は神である

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
whose trying to suppress me from saying what I wanna say.

two things make americans great people:

Freedom of speech, and the right to carry an M16.

i say that anybody who does not stand up for freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms, he is not a real american. He should go live in Russia.

the day these two things are lost, then we will go down baby.

freedom of speech is now under threat. since 9/11 Bush has robbed the americans of many of their constitutional rights.

we can't remain blind anymore.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
freedom of speech is now under threat. since 9/11 Bush has robbed the americans of many of their constitutional rights.

we can't remain blind anymore.

Doesn't the fact that you're saying that right now contridict what you're saying?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Now we're talking here.
The reasons stated as to why people hate America are quite true. Besides, you may mention that illegal immigrants risk their lives sometimes to get here, but they do so just because it's worse in wherever they're from. That doesn't mean America is really good, just better. Look at my grandparents, they came here to escape to aftermath of WW2. Now that it's over and they don't worry about where their next meal comes from, they're dying to get back to their home country (which I'm sure they will now that they're retired) Thirty years..............and they still don't see the "American Dream", only unfairness, stupidity, and a bunch of other things. Their home country isn't perfect either and they do in fact complain all the time about that too but there they don't face that whole racial problem. They feel like they've been screwed because of all the racial things going on. A person who speaks Spanish recieves translations and aid beyong imagination, but what about that Polish/Russian/Lithuanian/Indi/German/ whatever Immigrant? This is what they get:

DISCRIMINATION!

So, would an immmigrant prefer America full of people who hardly care, or their own home country? Why should they care about America when they don't care about them? They'll look at the list of good things about America and the list of bad things and favor the list of bad. They'll always care about wherever they came from due to nationalism, just like any of you are defending the U.S. due to all of your nationalism. I too live in America and I don't really care much about any of this crap anymore. This is getting out of hand imo and I just don't think that multi-races living amonst each other works. Racism will always be here and everywhere, simple as that. One group will always get better treament than another. Freedom of speech is and always was misleading/corrupt too. Heck, i can't wait till my visit to my country of roots, being amongst your own kind is always a relief, no?

edit: Oh ya, George Bush certainly isn't making things better. Taxes............war............invasion of Iraqi motherland..............those things play a role in rage against America too. (you have American-born ctizens fleeing to Canada for cryin out loud!)

[edit on 404/1/0606 by Acekwak]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join