It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why nobody likes America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterp

I live in the Balkans. If tomorrow I am called to defend my country in a war that involves Albanians, Skopjians, Bulgarians, Greeks and Turks, it will be because your president thought it would be good for your country to take the identity of another country and assign it to another.

This is what Wikipedia says about your otherwise "peaceful" Balkans.

The Balkans

The identity of the Balkans owes as much to its fragmented and often violent common history as to its mountainous geography. The region was perennially on the edge of great empires, its history dominated by wars, rebellions, invasions and clashes between empires, from the times of the Roman Empire to the latter-day Yugoslav wars.

Its fractiousness and tendency to splinter into rival political entities led to the coining of the term Balkanization (or balkanizing). The term Balkan commonly connotes a connection with violence, religious strife, ethnic clannishness and a sense of hinterland. The Balkans, as they are known today, have changed dramatically over the course of history.

And you have the audacity to prematurely blame us if you end up going to war and dying?? PUH-LEASE!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that the countries of the world have a reason for hating America? They don't hate it just cuz they feel like it, there are hard to explain reasons. The government, for example is run by many Jews, in which people have a problem with that. Call it whatever you want, but that is a major reason and it is a truth. It is because of the high number of Jews in politics and high ranking business that Hitler massacred them in the first place. Whatever happened to the old quote "I believe Germany is a country that should be governed by Germans!". Adolf once said something like that. Think about it, WW2 still has its afterafect lingering till this day. During pre-war Germany, Jewish businesses dotted the streets until one day a highly intelligent (and highly insane) dictater came along and inspired everyone to start what would become the halloaust. Afterwards, the same thing happend throughout Europe, and in America! The people of Europe don't like Jews running their country for they often use it for greedy purposes (yes, I know, Jews aren't the only ones who do that, race doen't have anything to do with it). Whether or not it would be considered racism doesn't matter, what does is that it is part of the reason why tension is stirring up in Eorope, and in their views towards America. So basically, Jews control much power here, and in Europe and since the world countries have and are facing serious issues, war, hatred, etc., guess who's getting the blame? And the last time I checked Arabs don't agree with Jews either. I smell WW3. Sorry all, but that is just how things are and it's not going to change anytime soon. The old blame game is getting the best of us all.

Do you all see now how that along with what other users here have said all blends into why most people outside (and some inside) North America loath the U.S.?

[edit on 1212/29/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterp

I live in the Balkans. If tomorrow I am called to defend my country in a war that involves Albanians, Skopjians, Bulgarians, Greeks and Turks, it will be because your president thought it would be good for your country to take the identity of another country and assign it to another.

Excuse me but what are you on about.
If anything is the UK's, germany's, frances, the TRF, italy, spain and austria.
Why?
Because over the centuries we've used your land for this thing or that.

Austro hungary empire was the main cause.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Everyone has the right to hate and love as they please. If people wanna hate America for whatever reason, rational or irrational, I dont hold it against them.

Ill go with one of devilwasps points. One thing I hate about our forces is the trigger happy friendly fire madness. Its not just our allies that get it. When i was in the army I almost got greased by one of our own guards one night who had too little sleep. He wanted the password, even though I was inside the perimeter in the middle of repairing a fuel gauge.

Oh, and I think the current admin is a house of twats who should be hunted like the Taliban. other than that, I love America, and if you dont, thats fine too. Just dont try and patronize me or assume Im a flag waving redneck just cuz I love this country.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I myself am publically an advocate for Al Qaeda and many other terrorists.
I see these groups of terrorists as representative of poor terrorists while my own nations government, usa is a rich terrorist that actually causes more pain and suffering in the world and against its own people then all those others combined.
Do I care about people in New York or eslewhere USA who are rich and a source of oppression to impoverished americans like myself, no, and I am certainly not the only American who rejoiced to see the towers fall, Iwas glad over all the bombing and considered it Gods answer to my prayers they be destroyed.
I am publically an advocate therefore for all these lower terrorists, the underdogs I consider them, and defy the government trying to recruit men and women to join Al Qaeda under me, Beast, in HeMet CA 806 East Date Street even having asked by letter Mr Bush to give it up and join Al Qaeda.
When homeland security came to my college investigating me, I said first off to them and have not recanted, "yes I advocate the overthrowing of the current illegal american government by any and all means and I believe Mr Bush should be sentanced to have his head cut off" I cannot be anymore clear and urge Americans everywhere to fight the idiots in office.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Right on bro! Us poor people in America are going to get ours by the rich ones dying! Hell yeah!

I wish we had a law that said the rich people have to die so they will stop oppressing us and we'll get their money! Oh wait a minute...

If we get their money then we'll be rich an d then we'll have to be killed. Now what?! Help me out bro! What are we gonna do?

Springer...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ahhh, now we're getting somewhere.
That's right, if someone wants to hate/love America, go ahead, it should be their right to feel the way they please towards this country. But it must be kept in mind that a person will nearly always show pride towards the country of their ancestry (if they only have one, maybe two that is), no matter how screwed up it may be. (notice that includes the U.S.
Like the above poster said (edit: the one above Springer), the U.S. government is just a wealthier, more powerful terrorist organisation. Regardless of what the general public may want, this cannot be solved through a peaceful solution, not after this has all started. Oh ya, I just remebered another reason for hating America.... George Bush has promised every country that helped him in his war millitary aid. Now I don't know much about this, but I do know that he never gave Poland any kind of aid what so ever. Now how do you think all the Polish people both in Poland and in America feel? Well, let's just say that Poland's president wasn't liked very much for helping out in the first place. Bush isn't aware that people will nearly always support the country of their ancestry and they will defend it, as you can see be how these poor, fragile 'terrorists' are resisting the all mighty, highly advanced, "brave" Americans.

[edit on 1212/29/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
iamthebeast why don't you go to Afghanistan or Iraq and help those “poor terrorists”, I know of few people over there that would love to talk to you, of course it will be the 50 cal that does the talking. Anyway, there is no justifiable reason to support what happed on 9/11, shame on you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
9/11 sucked, maralyn monroes hot, and all the terrorists are long dead.

what will excell humanity and purturb regional conflict will be the great technologies peacably inclined countries are researching on a daily basis.

patients/conviction/integrety

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let me see...

It is yet another Civilized Power, with its banner of the Prince of Peace in one hand and its loot-basket and its butcher-knife in the other.

Mark Twain, To the Person Sitting in Darkness

Every day, vast Russian planes arrive in Mwanza airport in the north west of the country, leaving with a daily cargo of 500 tons of Nile perch destined for the Russian and European markets. What these planes carry on their way into Africa is a mystery that nobody wants to talk about, until a solitary, subdued pilot admits that he flies tanks and other weapons into Angola. That's where the real money lies. The fish are simply a bonus that fill up the planes on the flight back to Europe.

The cruellest irony is that while so much fish is exported to Europe, Tanzania itself is struggling to avoid famine, so a secondary industry has grown up drying and roasting the decayed, discarded fish carcasses, salvaging what nourishment remains. How much blame can be pinned on the fishing industry and how much should more properly be attributed to Africa's wider problems is open to question, but this is a desperately sad story, told by people who accept their plight with astonishing serenity. It is a great injustice that not all of them live through to the end of filming.”

Darwin's Nightmare

Where is the Justice in This Story?

Sorry, but that is the Capitalistic Approach - the Corporate Abuse of Power and it's Superiority in the Modern World.

Half the world — nearly three billion people — live on less than two dollars a day.

While some people Starve to death, they do not get Food - they receive Weapons.

Global military expenditure and arms trade form the largest spending in the world at over $950 billion in annual expenditure.

“The five permanent members of the UN Security Council—France, Russia, China, the UK, and the USA—together account for 88 per cent of the world’s conventional arms exports; and these exports contribute regularly to gross abuses of human rights.”

So, why Nobody Likes America?

HMmmmm...

• The US military budget was almost as much as the rest of the world’s.
  • The US military budget was more than 6 times larger than the Russian budget, the second largest spender.
  • The US military budget was more than 30 times as large as the combined spending of the seven rogue states (Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) who spent $13 billion.
  • It was more than the combined spending of the next fourteen nations.
  • The United States and its close allies accounted for some two thirds to three-quarters of all military spending, depending on who you count as close allies (typically NATO countries, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan and South Korea)
  • The seven potential enemies, Russia, and China together spent $134.2 billion, 34% of the U.S. military budget.

Geee...

That Sure is ALOT of Money!

Now we add a Mathematical Equasion:

Big Military Spending - Big Military EXPANSION.

BMS x 2 = BME x 2

Hmmmmmmmmm....

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Last I checked, we still had 50 states...something that hasn't changed in QUITE some time... While our military presence has expanded, until we start annexing territories, etc. the claim of "expansion" really isn't justified...

Admittedly though, we've got a presence in many areas where we'd be better off NOT being.... Unfortunately, the PEOPLE lost control of the nation a while ago, and the big money corporations are really the ones holding the reins....and they are the ones driving the sleigh to profit town...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
with ET/human interaction(black sciences) taking place in underground compartments recognized by almost every UFO group. its almost inevitable that the militaristic integrety of the united states foreign policy will transmute into a scientistic level of performance. securance of the hyper advanced infrastructure is an imperative, when good are manufactured at far more effiecient values.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Ill go with one of devilwasps points. One thing I hate about our forces is the trigger happy friendly fire madness. Its not just our allies that get it. When i was in the army I almost got greased by one of our own guards one night who had too little sleep. He wanted the password, even though I was inside the perimeter in the middle of repairing a fuel gauge.

We all make mistakes, hell the only british challanger to be taken out was by another challanger.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Last I checked, we still had 50 states...something that hasn't changed in QUITE some time... While our military presence has expanded, until we start annexing territories, etc. the claim of "expansion" really isn't justified...

No use confusing them with facts. Like the fact that we've been in the vast majority of those countries since WW2. Or the fact that we're in alot of those countries with the UN.

So, why Nobody Likes America?

HMmmmm...

The US military budget was almost as much as the rest of the world’s.

The US military budget was more than 6 times larger than the Russian budget, the second largest spender.

The US military budget was more than 30 times as large as the combined spending of the seven rogue states (Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) who spent $13 billion.

It was more than the combined spending of the next fourteen nations.

The United States and its close allies accounted for some two thirds to three-quarters of all military spending, depending on who you count as close allies (typically NATO countries, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan and South Korea)

The seven potential enemies, Russia, and China together spent $134.2 billion, 34% of the U.S. military budget.

Geee...

That Sure is ALOT of Money!

So Souljah...
I take it you hate everyone who has more money than you?

Everyone that hates America has his or her own reason for not hating America. There's over 6 billion people in the world, I can't think of 1 thing all people like. I can't think of 1 thing all people hate.
Ahhh the joys of being human. I can hate or love anything I want whether others like it or not.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Souljah I have said it before and I will say it again, you do have nice graphics, I especially like the colors on this one

But that global map is giving us too much credit, last I checked we don't have any troops in Mexico, Venezuela, or Syria and other places that are shaded. Let me guess, who ever made that map counted US embassy personnel as US military troops?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Soljah, explain to me how we should go about reforming the world?
Ban weapons?
Invade countries and force them NOT to use weapons?
Reform the UN to make it a NWO?

All you have shown is pictures, and one side of the story yet again.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This topic is flawed for me from the beginning..

This is my opinion. What I don't like on human mankind (US applies too):

We are not using our brain too much.
We are watching too many action movies.
We want to dominate and tell others what is good and what isn't (if we live in country which is sole global superpower even more).
We are dependent on biased and superficial media.
We allow other to manipulate us easily.
We believe in our superiority.
We are greedy as hell.
We still think that the uninformed opinion of majority is the best.
We don't understand that things are not black & white.
eeetc. eeetc.

Originally posted by Souljah
  • The US military budget was almost as much as the rest of the world’s.
  • The US military budget was more than 6 times larger than the Russian budget, the second largest spender.
  • The US military budget was more than 30 times as large as the combined spending of the seven rogue states (Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) who spent $13 billion.
  • It was more than the combined spending of the next fourteen nations.
  • The United States and its close allies accounted for some two thirds to three-quarters of all military spending, depending on who you count as close allies (typically NATO countries, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan and South Korea)
  • The seven potential enemies, Russia, and China together spent $134.2 billion, 34% of the U.S. military budget.

Dobar dan Souljah,

yep thats true. What do you think how much will China or Russia spend if they would have the same amount of resources as the USA? I don't think the money would go into environment or fighting the poverty....

I still prefer the US to be the world police, I hope you know what I mean ...

[edit on 2005-12-29 by zer69]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Let me guess, who ever made that map counted US embassy personnel as US military troops?

The last time I checked most of them are.... you know like the USMC based in the embassy as security staff.

and all the CIA agents that work at these places.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamthebeast
"yes I advocate the overthrowing of the current illegal american government by any and all means and I believe Mr Bush should be sentanced to have his head cut off"

You must be real powerful to have warranted as such a threat for the feds. They must be terrified of you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zer69
Dobar dan Souljah

There people go with the crazy other languages again.

Mi govorim engleski here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join