It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why nobody likes America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

withdraws its armies and bases from around the world, promotes stability in middle east and around the world,

You forgot to recognize how may places those armies of ours have kept, and are continuing to keep stable, look at the situation Southeast Asia. I doubt it would have stayed relatively as peaceful without the US there. Sure there’s a war of words happening now, but that's all it is, a war of words not bombs.
And I know you’re all going to jump up and say Vietnam, but look at what we were fighting for in Vietnam, isn’t that what you wanted, the US fighting for what is right, unless you think communism is right.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You forgot to recognize how may places those armies of ours have kept, and are continuing to keep stable, look at the situation Southeast Asia. I doubt it would have stayed relatively as peaceful without the US there.

Isn't that the responsibility of a powerful nation? To ensure peace and prosperity throughout the world? What the Bush administration has done is taken this overboard. Simply put, thats what creates the rift between the U.S. and European nations.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Isn't that the responsibility of a powerful nation? To ensure peace and prosperity throughout the world? What the Bush administration has done is taken this overboard. Simply put, thats what creates the rift between the U.S. and European nations.

Why because he would rather act then sit there and debate the topic to death?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Why because he would rather act then sit there and debate the topic to death?

There is nothing to debate about. Pursuing counter-terrorism operations does not justify invading insignificant countries. What's the next stop, North Korea?, Iran? Oh wait, North Korea doesn't have any rich oil deposits...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I though the responsibility of a powerful nation is

To ensure peace and prosperity throughout the world?

So Iraq and Afghanistan would not fall under that category? They are “insignificant”? I’m glad you think of the sufferings that those people were enduing as “insignificant”.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

So Iraq and Afghanistan would not fall under that category? They are “insignificant”? I’m glad you think of the sufferings that those people were enduing as “insignificant”.

I do not think we are on the same level here. What I am saying is that Iraq is insignificant to the war on terrorism. Sure people suffer all over the world, take a look at Africa; there's children dying every day from starvation and poverty. Could we utilize those $300 Billion spent in Iraq more efficiently to pursue world prosperity? Of course!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
We already have caffeinated orange soda here, it's called Sunkist.

Pity irn bru isnt orange....
Oh yeah thats right, nobody but irn bru knows the recipe....which is why the US wont sell it.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
Could we utilize those $300 Billion spent in Iraq more efficiently to pursue world prosperity? Of course!

Among a multitude of other concerns, issues, and matters.
What you mention still does not address the obligations that come with being a world power and maintaining global and regional balance, something that was established by the past world powers at the Vienna Conference and the Concert of Europe.

Hindsight is 20/20 is a beautiful thing, is it not?
To second guess actions is to simply be what one really is: an armchair general, politician, or activist.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Pity irn bru isnt orange....
Oh yeah thats right, nobody but irn bru knows the recipe....which is why the US wont sell it.

Irn-Bru is a very popular European beverage that features a very mild citrus/orange flavor. In addition to having a citrus flavor, this beverage has a mild caffeine flavor. While many US consumers might not understand this product, Irn-Bru maintains a cult like status in the UK (especially in Scotland). Overall, a great beverage.

Ingredients: water, sugar, carbon dioxide, citric acid, flavorings, preservatives

www.thebevnet.com...

With its smooth orange taste so real you can feel it, Sunkist orange soda provides the ultimate orange experience. Sunkist Orange Soda is the #1 packaged orange soda in the United States. Sunkist is also available in diet orange, lemonade, and other fruit flavors in various markets throughout the U.S. Sunkist soft drinks are products of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. a subsidiary of Cadbury Schweppes.

Ingredients: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, citric acid, sodium benzoate, food starch-modified, natural flavors, caffeine, glycerol, ester of wood rosin, ascorbic acid, yellow #6, red #40

www.beveragesdirect.com...

Same darned thing.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Notice the "very mild" infront of that, its not orange and doesnt taste like it.

Once you taste irn bru you will know its not orange.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Notice the "very mild" infront of that, its not orange and doesnt taste like it.

But it says "very mild" orange, so it is orange, but it doesn't taste like it? So what does it taste like, fizzy, mildly orange caffeine water? That's the problem, it sounds boring, you need to "experience the charge" of our extreme orange drink. That's why nobody likes America, we're just too extreme for the rest of the world.

Once you taste irn bru you will know its not orange.

I want no part of any cults. Before you know it I'll be walking around saying "if it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!"

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

But it says "very mild" orange, so it is orange, but it doesn't taste like it? So what does it taste like, fizzy, mildly orange caffeine water? That's the problem, it sounds boring, you need to "experience the charge" of our extreme orange drink. That's why nobody likes America, we're just too extreme for the rest of the world.

So your saying cola is water?
Your saying 7 up is water?
You cant taste the orange and frankly thers no other taste like it.
Hell thats why the ingredients are a secret.
Hmm extreme huh, thats why you guys wear girly body armour..

I want no part of any cults. Before you know it I'll be walking around saying "if it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!"

Wait and your not saying this about america?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
america is great because of our technological prowress, which is easily accessably and greately benificial towards the betterment of the world, when properly utilized becomes an afluent ignorance abolishing tool. also we have a stupendous level of cultural, religious, spiritual diversity which imo leads towards a greater level of spiritual awareness, through plethoras of different outlooks and perceptions.

it is pathetic becuase of its apathetic attitude towards the enviroment, its rampant excessive indulgance in all things commercial and wasteful products. our attitutude towards militaristic affairs, expenditures at a level which could create loads of economic infrastructure all over the lesser advanced world.

it is confusing because of its governmental ties to the illuminati, corperatization, and mind control properties of media. media is a bewildering tool that has been abused and abused by the powers in charge, to create a level of unawareness towards their ultimate goal of creating loads of self absorbed mindless commercial indulging drones. all for a little bit of money.

the oppertunity for an enhanced level of informative awareness in media will always be our most blantant failure. to me at least.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So your saying cola is water?
Your saying 7 up is water?

Well, yeah, pretty much, with a few other ingredients thrown in.

You cant taste the orange and frankly thers no other taste like it.

The information describes the taste as a mild orange/citrus, so maybe it tastes like half 7 up and half Sunkist? So I'll just mix the two and tell you what I think of Irn-Bru.

Hell thats why the ingredients are a secret.

That would be a little concerning to me.

Hmm extreme huh, thats why you guys wear girly body armour..

That's what I'm talking about man, we're so extreme we don't really even need body armor, they just wear it on camera in case their mothers are watching. We're all like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, standing on the beach with no shirt on while shells are incoming, scoping out the best area to surf after we've blown everyone to crap. Totally extreme.

Wait and your not saying this about america?

Not if I'm honest. There are plenty of things made here that suck.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a wonderful country and when it's running as it was intended, there's nothing better. But lately, with the current corruption in the body of government, it's a very ugly 'place', indeed.

do think that with a different addministration this will change. heck no. once the constitution (which is the way the country was designed to be run) started to be amended in what ever way what ever politician pleased the corruption started.

now days if you have a problem with the way the law reads and you have the money to hire a top attorney you can go to the supreme court and that top attorney will do everything in his power to find the smallest loop hole in the law that will benefit you and ultimately result in a constitutional amendment.

also, society tells us what is cool. like right now, the craze with the jeans that you buy WITH HOLES ALREADY IN THEM. i remember when i got made fun of for having ONE hole in my jeans. but with the magic of pop culture and marketing techniques aimed at kids that know all they have to do is pitch a little fit to get what they want we now believe it is cool to wear jeans with holes.

i am American and i also love my country because as it has already been said we don't have a better alternative. what i really believe is that they give us just enough rope to hang ourselves, making us believe that we are able to do and say what we want to but in reality we have no control the government is our "puppet master"

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
sorry, the first paragraph of my post was originally posted by Benevolent Heretic.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well, yeah, pretty much, with a few other ingredients thrown in.

Ah notice the "a few other ingredients in" , come on man yoru not that awkward are you?

The information describes the taste as a mild orange/citrus, so maybe it tastes like half 7 up and half Sunkist? So I'll just mix the two and tell you what I think of Irn-Bru.

So you'll take the word of someone else over your own?
Hmm ok/.

That would be a little concerning to me.

Why?

That's what I'm talking about man, we're so extreme we don't really even need body armor, they just wear it on camera in case their mothers are watching. We're all like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, standing on the beach with no shirt on while shells are incoming, scoping out the best area to surf after we've blown everyone to crap. Totally extreme.

Yeah...
Ever watched rugby lol?
Well us brits I would say are more extreme because well you dont really see many other armies that can dodge soo much friendly fire these days.

Not if I'm honest. There are plenty of things made here that suck.

So your saying your a hypocrit?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Disobedience: The Unforgivable Sin

Originally posted by masterp
America is not hated due to jealousy or because they are leaders. They are hated for their foreign policy:

Talk about proving my point! Every “sin” listed is an example of the U.S. not doing what other people want it to do.

What people hate is the fact that the U.S. acts according to its interests -- or more accurately, the interests of its ruling power elite.

The fact that every other nation in the world does exactly the same thing is irrelevant, because we're talking about the U.S. here, right?

The bottom line is simple enough to understand. The laments are all the same: The U.S. doesn't do want we want it to do!

I'll cry tomorrow.

Bring It On

But hey, let's not let it end there. Let's put it to the test and see if all this juvenile carping is justified.

I challenge any member to hold up any nation as an example of virtue that the U.S. can't match.

Let's subject any other nation in the world to the same scrutiny the U.S. tolerates, and see how well it does.

Go on. I dare you.

Heck, I double dog dare you.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Come on, national chauvinists, show us what you got. Right here, right now.

Name a country, and allow ATS to scrutinize it for “moral and national correctness.”

Come on. Are you chicken?

Bring it on. Let's see who's morally superior.

Put your best foot forward, and be prepared to eat it, because every country has dirt on it, even those nations who have basked in the Pax Americana and show their gratitude by bitching about America.

Come on, holier than thou anti-Americans.

Show us what's better.

Put up or shut up.

I dare you.

Fair Warning: You will be held to the same criteria America is held to. Good luck, suckers. :shk:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ah notice the "a few other ingredients in" , come on man yoru not that awkward are you?

Of course not, I was just taking a stab at humor.

Another reason nobody likes America, I don't think they get our sarcastic jokes and think we're being a-holes when most of the time we're messing around.

I guess you guys are just used to absurd, slapstick humor.

Here:

Is that better?

So you'll take the word of someone else over your own?
Hmm ok/.

How will I ever know that the heck Irn-Bru tastes like? I'm kinda forced to take the word of someone else, unless I ever get the chance to travel, or you send me a can.

Why?

Well, if somebody offers me a drink and I ask "what's in this", and they say "don't worry about it", I'm gonna have a few reservations about drinking it.

Yeah...
Ever watched rugby lol?

I've seen it on TV when searching the channels to find extreme cage fighting matches to watch.

Well us brits I would say are more extreme because well you dont really see many other armies that can dodge soo much friendly fire these days.

Maybe we're just so extreme, that when we run out of enemies to engage, our thirst for blood drives us to attack even our closest allies....on "accident", of course.

So your saying your a hypocrit?

How am I a hypocrite? I never said Sunkist sucked.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
majic-
that's just it America is THE world power, with that title comes scrutiny. when America fumbles the whole world jumps on it like stink on poo when America does something worthy of praise it goes unnoticed because that is what THE world power is supposed to do.
IMO you are correct are correct, other countries fail in comparision not just in this respect. like anything, no oranization, company, ect. (in this case country) will ever be able to please everyone. like i said before there are many things that upset me about our government and the way our system works but i would not want to live anywhere else and am extremely greatful to be a part of THE world power.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join