It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why nobody likes America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
How can war on terrorism ever be won if even our allies in Europe have serious problems with our actions.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
How can war on terrorism ever be won if even our allies in Europe have serious problems with our actions.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

And, of course, we all know that Timesonline is the voice of our allies in Europe--Right? NOT!!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Everyone likes America!

-- Boat

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Public opinion about america has always been abivolent in europe for longer than my dad has been alive, and he was born in 1923. So it is hardly surprising that that trend continues now in the 21st century. Europes' main problem with the US (my opinion) stems from our belief in a manifest destiny for not only ourselves living today but our children and their children. Our differences lie in what that destiny is, and how to go about achieving that destiny.
We aren't perfect, far from it; but we are the best hope this beknighted
world seems to have at the moment (ooooh, am I gonna hear about this!).

Merry Christmas to all of you reading this.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Everybody loves America. People are STILL dying to get here, inspite of our current problems.

What people do not like is this current government we have. They are the ones, they are the Pepe le Pew's.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Because Matthew Parris Said So?

I thought it was our breath.

One two-liner deserves another...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Halitosis, the American evil.

I knew we were doing something wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

A) The UK is the US's biggest ally in europe.
B) We have no problem with US actions (except Blue on blue)
C) See A and B...

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Everyone loves America, The ones who claim to hate us fall into two groups, Group one being our enemies, And group two being the ones who say it only because its the (Cool thing to say)

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Because actions taken by the united states made me lose money, do I have the right to "hate" them sometimes?

Just a little bit you know?

Once in awhile?

Or do I have to love America?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Everyone likes America!

-- Boat

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Boatphone]

Every Muslim, Chinese and Oil-Riched nation LIKES to bomb America into parking lot

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso
Every Muslim, Chinese and Oil-Riched nation LIKES to bomb America into parking lot

....but can't or won't, but certainly can continue to dream on, correct?
If you 'hate', you have no tolerance, only selective tolerance; the kind that suits your own perceptions of how the world is or ought to be.

If your 'hate' persists unabated, seek psychiatric counseling.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso

I guess you can read everyone's mind to say that every Muslim, Chinese and every nation with oil wants to bomb the US....

BTW, is that why there are still many Muslims, Chinese and people from other nations who have oil who are trying to get to the US?....so they can all die while they bomb the US?....

I am certain there are some that are doing just that, but i doubt many of these people are bringing their entire families to the US to be exterminated if what you are saying was true....

Why didn't you come out and say that you are the one that wants the US being bombed for your own perverted reasons?..... At least you wouldn't be percieved as a coward...

[edit on 25-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I found this page surfing the other day. Seems to be pretty dead on. Is an interesting read. Especially concerning the "jealous" part. Fact is, I believe little things like, the US having much more open space than many countries of europe. England is packed in like sardines. I believe Dorset and surrounding areas are some of the few open spaces left. This means bigger roads here, bigger houses, bigger cars, which in turn, automatically brings on the issue that we are over-consumers. (Not saying that we aren't, being the leading polluter in the world) However, we only lead the world in greenhouse emissions (followed very closly by Russia, though you never hear that) Russia - 2nd in greenhouse pollutions

Anyways, this is the site I found. Was a nice read. Enjoy. Why People Hate America

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Mr Conspiracy is batting %100 on poor threads tonight.

I would say that I "like" America. In fact I love my country. Your statement is completely false, and more over is in violation of the terms of membership to this message board.

I request that the mods ban Mr Conspiracy, as he is clearly not presenting conspiracy directed threads, and instead trying to push a political view on us all. This thread has a place - maybe - on PTS in the mud pit, but certainly not on ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
We have one of the most critical illegal immigration problems in the world. People risk life and limb everyday to get into America just for a chance to take advantage of our opportunities and your trying to tell us that no one likes America.

It is more likely that everyone is jealous of America. As Kennedy once stated, Democracy might not be perfect, but at least we've never had to put up a wall to keep our citizen from leaving.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
In Your Face, America!

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is more likely that everyone is jealous of America.

No, no, you have it all wrong!

The reason so many people enter the country illegally is so they can tell us how much they hate it to our faces.

It's just a matter of courtesy, you see.

Such a rare thing, that.

And um, yeah. Since when is posting a series of flamebait threads and running away considered "spreading Christmas cheer"? Perhaps this is some quaint Christmas Eve custom somewhere?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
For a country that noone likes we sure have our fair share of immigration, both legal and illegal...there's a reason for that. You won't see Americans by the boat load fleeing the states in hopes of starting a new life....you see everyone else comeing to America.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I agree that most people love America, it's the current administration and the corruption in the government that people (including myself) have a problem with.

This is a wonderful country and when it's running as it was intended, there's nothing better. But lately, with the current corruption in the body of government, it's a very ugly 'place', indeed.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

As the article in the link you've provided hints, it is 'America's image as moral leader for Capitalist democracy' and the 'tension between those two words', which are the problem.

News reports of rendition flights and acts of torture cannot be supported within the framework of morality. Also, the 'with us or against us' mentality leaves no room for compromise to other nations who would prefer to find a middle road.

The current spat over the softwood lumber issues have hardened many Canadians over what they see as an unfair trade practice which funds a few companies south of the border at the expense of Canadian jobs. This fundamentaly undermines our agreement (NAFTA) with America. It is not seen as morally right.

The war on terror can still be won, though, simply because no-one is unaffected by acts of terror. Long after the present administration is gone, the threat of terrorism will remain. It goes beyond partisan politics and encompasses all western governments as well as those countries, like Russia or Indonesia, where factional political/religious differences, as well as racism, are underscored with such horrible acts of violence.

Back to the Canadian issue, which seemed central to the theme of the story in your link...if you were to watch, as an unrelated third party, the manner in which a Canadian and an American got along, you would immediately note that there is no 'hate' between them. It is not the people which widen the schism. It is, rather, the actions of those who influence government for self interest and financial gain who are the root cause for the tension between perceived lapse of morality and the pitfalls of capitalist democracy.

The war on terror remains far above such regional concerns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join