It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Spying & Incident of Intimidation of Military Families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Story-

Letter From A Military "Mom": Domestic Spying & Incident of Intimidation of Military Families
Written by: Robin Vaughan

I am sending this letter to you in hope of finding a source to hear my concerns. It is something that has bothered me since the occurrence, and I know it is not something that should have happened, and I worry for my family's safety as I step out to speak about this.

During my son's deployment to Iraq, February 2004-February 2005: I created a small group website on MSN, for families and friends of our soldiers’ deployed unit. It was a membership only site, and we were a tight group of mostly "Moms", from all over the United States, just trying to make it through each day. The support and help we gave one another is a singular experience of grace, I will never forget.

During the first few months of our site, the Army decided to call every single family on the site, informing them, that the site was not to be used by any of the families. The Department of Defense called families in the middle of the night to notify them to not use the web site. Most of the families were near tears, thinking they were getting "THE" call telling them their child or loved one had been killed or injured.

You need to click the link and read in its entirety.

Thank you-

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can testify that when the first gulf war we families living in Family housing and with members in the middle east were advised not to talk about the war issues with people that were not from the military.

If we were stopped and asked any information of the gulf war we were to report the people to the offices of public affairs.

I worked for family services in Quantico Va, and I thought at that time that the reason was because of safety.

Now that I am older and wiser I see that it was nothing more than manipulation, I could not even talk at that time about issues in the phone when my husband called me from the middle east, he was the one to tell me to be careful of what to said.

Funny how things has not change a bit but has gotten worst. Military always has a way of controling the public opinion.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

join