It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: "The Indigo Revolution" to debut at World Indigo Weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Sounds like a simple question, but has anyone photographed the Aura of these people?

I assume that this is nothing more than the beginning of the ability to have technology at your finger tips, and accept it as normal.
It's different to plop a brand new computer, in front of most older folks, and have them adapt to it quickly..
So, I think this is a generation, that is more willing to accept the power of technology, and use it to it's fullest.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
sigung86,

Thanks for sticking with it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just presenting a topic for discussion. I'm not trying to ram it down your throat, either, or do any type of bloody surgery. I don't claim to be, or have any aspirations to be, an Indigo Child. My comment directed at disqualification was more a statement concerning the limits placed on the timeframe allowed for these kids. I'm neither an apple nor an orange. You make valid points about the tone of my response.

I admit I was a bit taken aback by all the negative responses to this story. I may have misconstrued your second post as a personal attack, and overreacted. If so, my apologies to you. I do prefer (not desire only) to respond to positive attitudes, whether they are in agreement with me or not.

Great post!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Sounds like a simple question, but has anyone photographed the Aura of these people?

I assume that this is nothing more than the beginning of the ability to have technology at your finger tips, and accept it as normal.

That's a good point. I see it in my in two kids; they can easily figure out the "how to's" of new gadgets.

It's different to plop a brand new computer, in front of most older folks, and have them adapt to it quickly..

That has to be qualified to exclude many older people who have been in on the design stage of computers.

I find that it is seldom that i meet a young person that understands what is inside the black box that is their computer. About maybe 1 of 100 can draw a block diagram of a typical CPU, or describe the differences in cache update algorithms.

But that's OK - they really don't need to know that to be able to use a computer efficiently.

So that is a big difference, imo. In my age group, and field of endeavor, a working knowledge of these types of topics is the rule rather than the exception.

So, I think this is a generation, that is more willing to accept the power of technology, and use it to it's fullest.

When you achieve the equivalent of dropping an atomic bomb on a city, then I will agree to that.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Show me some rigorous scientific proofs of "indigo children's" physic gifts and other special abilities and I might believe it. Until then, this is just bullpucky.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is now, and has been for some decadess, a growing awareness of spirituality within the populations of many countries. This particular trend was manifested in the Hippie Era of the 60's and lingers to this day. In my opinion, the 'Indigo Children are another facet of the same thing.
Growing up during the 60's (I was 18 in 1965), I hated standing in line, despised authority, felt that schools taught us to become mindless automatons, considered the society of our parents to be outdated and 'plastic' and, as a movement, became interested in all things occult and spiritual with a focus on environmental issues. Is there anything different about hippies that would not apply directly to the description of these indigo children? If there is, what would that difference be?

Also, as to the indigo aural display, is there any Kirlian photography which could augment this?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

When you achieve the equivalent of dropping an atomic bomb on a city, then I will agree to that.

I think you about covered it very well jsobecky. Each generation is based on a different paradigm baed on the preceeding. Like that old Louis Armstrong song, Wonderful World. The newer generatons remind me of the line from that song, "They'll learn much more than I'll ever know"...

And that's the way I think it should be. Or, perhaps, if it weren't that way, I would be extremely worried. There will be parts of each generation that are contributors (the ones who understand the internal workings of the computer, etc...) Then there will be the consumers, the folks who don't understand it, but contribute through the use of the magic in the box.

Then there will be those like RoseAnn, who think that since we have computers now, no one really needs to study or learn math and science.

edited and shortened the quotes to avoid the 20 point gentle reminder that i don't edit quotes.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Are these children being taught that they are a form of god? That would be destructive for them, imo. It isn't stated anywhere in the article that this is so. A strong work ethic is a crucial part of a successful skill set, and I hope that would be part of the instruction all children are given.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Icarus Rising]

It doesn't actually use the term "god" in the article, but it does talk about how special these kids are made to feel by coddling parents. To a child, that can quickly and easily turn into a god complex. Age 5: "I'm really special - my mommy tells me so." Age 10: "My parents tell me I have special powers that nobody else has." Age 15: "Screw you. I'm better than you, and don't need to listen to you." Age 20: "I'm gonna do what I want, when I want, and not you, nor anyone else is going to tell me what to do. I don't need this @%!@$#@!!" Age 25: Unemployed, because nobody wants to hire a spoiled little brat like this kid. "Nobody understands me. I'm better than everyone else."

No matter how special these parents think their kids are, the kids need to learn about real life, and how to relate to other people. These kids aren't going to be "special" forever. Anything less pretty much ensures that the world at large is going to chew them up and spit them out. We all know the world isn't a friendly place, and you have to have certain social skills just to survive these days. Be angry at the world all you want, but you better be fully prepared to swallow your pride every now and then if you want to get ahead.

Hear that folks? That's the sound of Obsidian hitting it RIGHT on the head. So-called indigos are only special to those attention craving people who have labelled them as such.
What color is your aura?? What color is my finger!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the aura thing, for me, for I've never bothered with it enough to check. If I had to guess, I'd say it was some shade of blue, I don't know, maybe a little variable.

As for your finger, you used an exclamation mark to end a question sentence, so I'm assuming its the middle one. You didn't specify where it's been recently, and the only other reference I have is obsidian. Ya got me on that one.

edit to add question

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok Indigo Children 101 again. You will get some claiming different stuff, "next evolution of man", "more spiritual" and bunk like that but IC's are common, been here forever. Just a different aptitude from others, that's all. From another thread:

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, here it is, Indigo Children 101.

You cannot become an IC, you're born that way. Any thought of living your life a certain way to become Indigo is BS. IC's are bricklayers, doctors, milkmen, professional gamblers. There is NO set specs for IC's. Anyone claiming superiority due to being an IC, superior spirituallity, is a crock of.......

Next, IC's have been around since man has. Don't listen to the BS you've read on the Net that IC's are the next evolution of man and it's only in the last few decades that we've been around. BS again.

Bottom line, what are Indigo children? IC's have an increased empathic ability. I'm not talking telepathy here. I mean empathy. The feeling of others emotion. This is probably why IC's have a higher rate of paranormal experiences.

Does that make IC's better than anyone else? No more so than an athlete that has an increased physical abillity. A Mensa member, and I hate to use that group as an example, smarter than others. It is an attribute, like the others. BTW, I suck at Math.

Hope that helped.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So essentially an "Indigo Child" is someone with a strong innate ability to feel empathy. What's so different with that and someone with the natural ability to make beautiful art, or throw a 70 yard touchdown pass? I really don't see one.

Actually there's quite a comparison between parents of these kids, and someone that pushes their child for 15 years to figure skate, or do gymnastics, or shoot free throws. Instead of the children of Joe Schmo that couldn't hit a curveball and lives vicariously through his kids, they're the children of the 60's and 70's - who live vicariously through their kids.

That's the impression I received after listening to a Coast to Coast AM show about "Indigo Children".

No difference.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
my friend....claims she has an indigo child.....has had his aura pictured...

but, then, I kind of agree with her husband....the camera can be manipulated to produce different results.....

so, why all the hype about the indigo children...whatever happened to the crystals that were to come after...they were much more promising, much more "special"...

but well, this is a conspiracy sight, so here is the conspiracy.....

never trusted those danged new agers anyways....lol!!

I was listening to one of the old coast to coast shows yesterday and Ed Dames was on. according to him, china is gathering up alot of "special kids" and trying to create weapons out of them....psychic warfare......

well, whatever they can do, we can do better!!! what if all this is just their way of finding the "special kids" for their own experiments?

one thing is for sure, they will never admit that ALL THE KIDS are special, and allow them all to reach their full potential. that would never do. who would they exploit in a world where everyone has those kinds of abilities....thus the high pricetag to learn how to nurture your "special child".

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My kids are taught differently than I was at school. Clearly this will affect how they behave or react to society in general. This does NOT mean that they are a new breed of human! One of the most influential things that kids are taught these days is to question things. Obviously this will make them question authority since they will ask the question "why"? 100 years ago children were taught to be silent and to not ask questions. This made them easily fooled by authority and to not question it.

DUH

Please folks I cannot believe how these parents of "indigo" children are given airspace for such nonsense. I suspect that some of these "traits" are also due to questioning children being out of control from weak parents who want to put the blame elsewhere rather than their own weak parenting skills. My kids question me all the time in a way that I never did with my parents. However I answer the questions in an appropriate manner but don't take any sh*t from them (NB no need for physical abuse the "off" switch on the playstation is much more effective!).........the result is well behaved kids who have much more awareness of the world about them than I ever did. But by no stretch of the imagination do they possess special mystical powers. Put my children amongst a group of adults 150 years ago and yes that group of adults would think my children have super powers. There's a jovial expression we normal parents use to explain our kids "super powers" : "he's been here before".....spooky parents assume that literally.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I AM "INDIGO"...

What I am not is someone who likes to pat myself on the back and tout my superiority in an elitist fraternity...
Jealousy will taint perspectives...

The downfall of this indigo revolution is their need to be a part of something... to be understood... to find community...
These are natural and valid needs...
But I see it on a "desperation" (childish) level with the "indigo movement"

Collectively these communities represent a naiivite...

2 me the human race must evolve...

I do not see this as THE WAY it must be precipitated...

Unfortunately I believe things will have to be a little more underhanded...

Clandestine...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
the only super power i buy into would be telepathy.

with yet to be distinuished energetic string wavelength theoretically manifesting itself into the quantifiable material properties we know and see, the information created by the string equalibrium would adhere to an exchange of quantum bits of matter. if a particles can be in the same spot at the same time and seemingly pass through matter unhindered, this could mean the string energy leading up to those particle reactionary impulses can do the same thing. the information contained in these wavelengths of string energy would be directly connected to the mind via the persons skill to subject itself to the energy resonance of this string fluxuation. thus creating a synchronious electrical synaptic supplantion between subjects.

also remote viewing might be possible because of the string level of energy information storage prevelent throughout the universe, and the minds ability to peer through the the gravitational vacuum, much like our anti gravitationally inclined extraterrestrial brether acomplish in their space craft.

the more you know the less you know, simple logic dictates. our universe is expanding.

*thanks wikipedia*

[edit on 27-12-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

KJV
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Sounds like an apt description, doesn't it? Another side to this inference is Ephesians 2:3, which makes the influence of 'the prince of the power of the air' much more widespread.

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

I have heard the Pastor of a local Bible Fellowship refer to 'the prince of the power of the air' as Satan, though I disagree. A thorough reading of Ephesians, and Eph. 2 in particular, indicates to me Paul was getting at something entirely different here. It really comes out in Ephesians 2:6-8.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

And Paul totally nails it in Ephesians 2:14 with this bold statement.

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

And here we are over 2000 years later, still going back and forth about what it all means. Must be important.

roz

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"Their advocates say they act like royalty and have no guilt."

It seems as if they are attention seeking spoilt children who are impatient and hyperactive.

" Without knowing the cause of death, Ariel speculated that the friend's blood was sick.."

This could be a kid telling the future or just a kids imagination gone wild. As the text itself says it is just speculation and maybe a fluky guess.

"She charges anywhere from $15 for a meditation class to up to $400 for Rainbow Touch workshops that explore healing and energy among other things."

Seems like another way of conning people and making money.

"They want to put labels on them - ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)," she says. "One day people will say ADHD is a big gift."

Maybe its just another mother who is not willing to belive that there is something wrong with her child and trying to make the disorder seem like a good thing.

On the other hand, seeing is believing and those who have experienced the indigo kids are the ones who know the true story. Perhaps to really know if the indigo kids are really special then wathcing the forthcoming documentary/film could be a way to clear up this subject.

I'm born after 1975 so does that make me an indigo child? I have an indigo aura but could that just be the lampshade in my room reflecting it colour? for me this is just another way of seeking fame and making lots of money out of something that is very little. I'm just not buying it.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by roz]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yesterday, my son and his mother returned an electronic drumset he had received as a gift that wasn't working properly. It had orange drumpads and silver cymbals. When they got to the store to return it, there was only one set left. Either this model was super popular or super defective!

Anyway, they took the last set and some demo batteries and were bringing it home when my six-year-old son said, "Wouldn't it be great if this set was green (his favorite color)?" His mom told him they were probably all the same color (there is no indication of the color of the set on the outside of the box; the pads in the picture on the box for both sets were purple). Get the new set home and open it up, there are green pads and gold cymbals in this set!

This morning, I go to J-in-the-B for blueberry french toast sticks for my boy and a breakfast sandwich for me. The guy manning the drivethru is just putting the napkins in my order and getting ready to hand it to me when I think, loud and clear, "Please don't forget the syrup for my boy's french toast sticks." The guy stops, looks in the bag, then goes back to a rack at the pass thru from the kitchen, and puts a portion of syrup in the bag!

Coincidences? Inconsequentialities? One thing is for sure, they are not isolated incidents.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The way that they describe indigo children is the way i would describe children with behavior problems... so i dont agree with the classification from the beginning.

I have met very "in tune" and "empathetic" children... far beyond their years for these traits...
they are also ALL very calm and polite, if not a little shy.

it is these children that i would ascribe the term "indigo"
not the demanding spoiled brats that parents classify as indigo (rather than just admitting that they are just spoiled and demanding).

this misnomerizing of the term, seems to be an adjustment technique for troubled parents.
Sometimes a sloppy drawing is just trash, instead of a Piccaso...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Yesterday, my son and his mother returned an electronic drumset he had received as a gift that wasn't working properly. It had orange drumpads and silver cymbals. When they got to the store to return it, there was only one set left. Either this model was super popular or super defective!

Anyway, they took the last set and some demo batteries and were bringing it home when my six-year-old son said, "Wouldn't it be great if this set was green (his favorite color)?" His mom told him they were probably all the same color (there is no indication of the color of the set on the outside of the box; the pads in the picture on the box for both sets were purple). Get the new set home and open it up, there are green pads and gold cymbals in this set!

This morning, I go to J-in-the-B for blueberry french toast sticks for my boy and a breakfast sandwich for me. The guy manning the drivethru is just putting the napkins in my order and getting ready to hand it to me when I think, loud and clear, "Please don't forget the syrup for my boy's french toast sticks." The guy stops, looks in the bag, then goes back to a rack at the pass thru from the kitchen, and puts a portion of syrup in the bag!

Coincidences? Inconsequentialities? One thing is for sure, they are not isolated incidents.

The same stuff happens to me all the time, I usaly just pass it off as standard human precognitive ability (that most people never pay attention to) but hey, if im some new breed of human, I'm not going to complain...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
All humans possess an innate ability for psychic understanding of the world, be it empathy, precognition, telepathy, or what have you. Children are inherently more in tune with these abilities because the world has not had a chance to teach them differently. I feel that the only reason our children are retaining these abilities longer is because the parents are more open to the abilities than the parents of previous generations were. When these children are not taught "psychic abilities don't exist," they are more likely to hold on to them.

Personally, I have a very strong sense of empathy, and other means of perception that could be described as psychic. Am I an Indigo child? No. Am I better than anyone else? No. My parents just never taught me to inhibit my abilities. They've come in quite handy in my day to day life as well.

I remember an instance, several years back, when I was at a convention with a friend and her daughter, who was five at the time. In the middle of the convention, just walking down the hallway, we saw a woman in a red dress carrying a baby, and my friend's daughter immediately started having a past life regression. Her daughter recalled that she was wearing a red dress and carrying an infant, and went on to describe in detail the style of dress, the house she lived in, the man she was married to, and the name of the child. Most of the details could have been easily made up by an active imagination (as children typically have), but it was her description of the clothing and the house that really caught me. She descibed, in perfect detail, American Victorian clothing and architecture, circa 1890-1910. What was particularly interesting about it, is that the kid had NEVER been exposed to that style of clothing or architecture, and thus would have had no memory to draw from.

Her mother has never since told her that there's no such thing as psychic ability. I think her mother actually envies her to an extent, having never been able to develop her own psychic abilities (which she has, but are severely repressed).

Anyway, this phenomena is certainly not a new one, as it can be traced back through at least 5 generations in my family, many of which died before 1975, rather than were born after it.

I don't think it's so much an enhanced psychic ability in these kids, as it is a psychic ability that is unrepressed.

Even if the younger generations are more apt to retain psychic ability, it's still not an excuse to be complete (expletive deleted) to the rest of the human race. Psychic ability or not, they have to be able to function in a world that thinks psychic ability is total bunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join