It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Hoaxed Homeland Security Visit Story Over Mao Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Let this serve as warning. You know who you are.

Federal Agent's Visit Was a Hoax

Student admits he lied about Mao book
By AARON NICODEMUS, Standard-Times staff writer

NEW BEDFORD -- The UMass Dartmouth student who claimed to have been visited by Homeland Security agents over his request for "The Little Red Book" by Mao Zedong has admitted to making up the entire story.

The 22-year-old student tearfully admitted he made the story up to his history professor, Dr. Brian Glyn Williams, and his parents, after being confronted with the inconsistencies in his account.

Had the student stuck to his original story, it might never have been proved false.

But on Thursday, when the student told his tale in the office of UMass Dartmouth professor Dr. Robert Pontbriand to Dr. Williams, Dr. Pontbriand, university spokesman John Hoey and The Standard-Times, the student added new details... MORE

I didn't know if the Homeland Security harassment story made it here yet or not, but let the hoax be revealed.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow, that story is hilarious - good find! The only reason the kid did this was to try to villify Bush and the Patriot Act?! Or maybe he just had a paper due and was stalling
Come on, men in black came to my house TWICE because I tried to check out a 40 year old book of uncle Mao's quotations!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I didn't know if the Homeland Security harassment story made it here yet or not, but let the hoax be revealed.

Right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems like Ted "I'm a very good driver" Kennedy got his unmentionables caught in this story:

www.thecrimson.com...

Have another drink Ted, the pain will go away.

new topics

join