It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 PC... What is coming? please help me...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I guess I can expect the Geforce 8800 (or whatever it's name is going to be) to be around the 600/700 Euros price range... Which I'm more then willing to spend on it if its available...

I'm aiming for the most high tech PC available... So I couldn't go with a 7800 if the 8800 would be out there

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dont miss the links and prices I gave on the last page. Second to last post.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Whoa!?!?!... Thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above my budget... I only have 2500/3000 Euros for the entire PC hardware by then... A 2000 Euros graphics card would be way to expensive... I presumed the 7800 GTX was the best out there right now made by Nvidia

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Those are for professionals primarily, I noticed the 100 grand one is for CAD(Computer Aided Design) and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'd want it if I had a FabLab

www.wired.com...

[edit on 24-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted by sardion2000
stu you should look into getting a flash harddrive. You can get 'em pretty big and the accessing and copying times decrease by an order of magnitude.

Flash HD you say? Faster you say? Hmmmm......I will look see...

posted by SpittinCobra
PNY NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500G - Graphics adapter - Quadro FX 4500 - PCI Express x16 - 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM - DVI - retail

Price: $118492.75

$118,492.75? At that price, what is the 75 cents for?

Crikey, I could get 45 top spec Alienwares for that!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

www.dreamhardware.com...

PNY NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500G - Graphics adapter - Quadro FX 4500 - PCI Express x16 - 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM - DVI - retail

Price: $118492.75

That must be a misprint.

Thats over one hundred thousand dollars.

Drop two digits and you are closer to reality.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For Computer Aided Design believe the price.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelwithsoul
Whoa!?!?!... Thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above my budget... I only have 2500/3000 Euros for the entire PC hardware by then... A 2000 Euros graphics card would be way to expensive... I presumed the 7800 GTX was the best out there right now made by Nvidia

You can turn the Geforce cards into Quadro cards worth many times as much with one simple program, and the Quadro software.

download.guru3d.com...

You won't get support, but you will unlock the pro features.

You can also unlock closed pixel, and vertex shaders on on the less than ultra cards, and overclock both the core, and memory.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
For Computer Aided Design believe the price.

I keep up on the prices.

I never saw a Quadro for more than a couple thousand dollars.

I unlocked my 6800 and turned it into a Quadro, but I don't have any pro-apps that can use the extra features so it means pretty much nothing....

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The price is very real. Go to the web site and email them, See what happens.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, But would it be safe to overclock your graphics card?... I wouldn't be that happy if I'd have overclocked it and suddenly the card would die out on me... Sure I can spend 700 or so Euros on a good graphics card... But it must not become a habit of having to buy a new one every month cause I totally have no experience in overclocking stuff

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the link, But would it be safe to overclock your graphics card?... I wouldn't be that happy if I'd have overclocked it and suddenly the card would die out on me... Sure I can spend 700 or so Euros on a good graphics card... But it must not become a habit of having to buy a new one every month cause I totally have no experience in overclocking stuff

Here is what you do.

Overclock the card maybe 10% and run the new 3dMark.

Keep upping it just a few Mhz until the card freezes before finishing the benchmark.

Then reduce the clock speed by 5% and you should be good to go as long as you own it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you are not sure what you are doing, then best left alone until you are.

I know a guy at work who spends silly money on PC's (he is single....) and he regulary fries his stuff, but he can afford to replace it AND he knows what he is doing.

He has several comps (Media Centre, Gaming, Downloading etc) in his house ans must spend £10k a year on the things. He just likes to fiddle with them...

It also voids the warranty.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I might give it a try when I get my next PC... But if anything happens... I'm holding you responsible

I wonder if it'd be possible to buy a 7800 and turn it into one of those 100.000 dollars worth Graphics card and then sell it

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Angelwithsoul]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
The price is very real. Go to the web site and email them, See what happens.

You can get it almost 100 times less here:

www.thedvshop.com...

and

www.sharbor.com...

and

www.the3dshop.com...

and

www.softmart.com...

It was a misprint.....

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ah man... There goes my dream of becoming rich by selling upgraded graphics cards

But that price seems a lot more reasonable... Makes you wonder why a 150$ card is better then a 400$ one with less features

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

It was a misprint.....

I provided a link, email them. I'm telling you its not.

If your not willing to email them, there isn't a discussion.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
usm.channelonline.com...

PNY NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500G
Graphics adapter - Quadro FX 4500 - PCI Express x16 - 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM - DVI -
$124,665.04

Here is another for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
usm.channelonline.com...

PNY NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500G
Graphics adapter - Quadro FX 4500 - PCI Express x16 - 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM - DVI -
$124,665.04

Here is another for you.

That is criminally criminal..to the point were criminals would grass up this criminal for criminally selling Graphics cards at criminally high prices....

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I provided a link, email them. I'm telling you its not.

If your not willing to email them, there isn't a discussion.

I posted links too, and I could post a dozen more showing where the price is in line with Nvidia historic prices for new Quadro cards.

If you refuse to believe that a hundred thousand dollar Nvidia card is a misprint you are beyond help.

Enjoy, I'm out before I fall off my chair from laughing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join