It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus loves you, but he will kill your children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am not a religious person, but based on what I know, isn't Jesus a loving person?

Doesn't this seem a bit strange....

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

(Revelation 2:22-23)

www.blueletterbible.org...

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this. Could it have a double meaning?

I found this....

Some apologists claim that "children" refers to the followers of a cult of Jezebel and not to children birthed from Jezebel. However, if this proved the case, the situation would appear even more horrific, for a cult of believers could number in the dozens, hundreds, thousands, or more. The deaths of these multitude of cult believers (which would include children within its membership) would only make the moralistic problem far more atrocious.

So I guess either way, its pretty grim.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No replies?

Someone has to have some say.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hello Dulcimer, Need the whole thing brought into context.

Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

From Uriah Smith book "The Prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation" Chapter II (page 378)

charity, service, faith, or patience could compensate for a like sin. A rebuke is therefore given them for suffering an agent of Satan to remain in their midst.

The Cause of Complaint.--"That woman Jezebel." As in the preceding church Antipas denoted, not an individual, but a class of persons, so doubtless, Jezebel is here to be understood in the same sense. Watson's Biblical Dictionary says, "The name of Jezebel is used proverbially. Revelation 2: 20." [13] William Miller speaks as follows:

"Jezebel is a figurative name, alluding to Ahab's wife, who slew the prophets of the Lord, led her husband into idolatry, and fed the prophets of Baal at her own table. A more striking figure could not have been used to describe the papal abominations. (See 1 Kings 18, 19, and 21. . . .) It is very evident from history, as well as from this verse in Revelation, that the church of Christ did suffer some of the papal monks to preach and teach among them." [14]

The Comprehensive Commentary has the following remark upon verse 23: "Children are spoken of, which confirms the idea that a sect and its proselytes are meant." [15]

The judgements here threatened against this woman are in harmony with the threatenings in other parts of this book against the Roman Catholic Church under the symbol of a corrupt woman, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. (See Revelation 17-19.) The death which is threatened is doubtless the second death, at the end of the one thousand years of Revelation 20, when the righteous retribution from the Searcher of "the reins and hearts" of all men will be given. Further, the declaration, "I will give unto every one of you according to your works," is proof that the address to this church looks forward prophetically to the final reward or punishment of all accountable beings.

"All the Churches Shall Know."--It has been argued from this expression that these churches could not denote seven suc-

Page 379
cessive periods of the gospel age, but must exist contemporaneously, as otherwise all the churches could not know that Christ was the searcher of "the reins and hearts" from seeing his judgements upon Jezebel and her children. But when is it that all the churches are to know this?--It is when these children are punished with death. If this is at the time when the second death is inflicted upon all the wicked, then indeed will "all the churches," as they behold the infliction of the judgement, know that no secret thing, no evil thought or purpose of the heart has escaped the knowledge of Him who, with eyes like flames of fire, searches the hearts of men.

So as you can see the Children mentioned here is spoken of sects, proselytes --aka followers, converts. More so they are apart of a corrupt church now, and not part of the Church of Christ or body of Christ. They left the light they once followed only to follow a lie...

God is merciful; He gives us time(grace) to come to repentance... Why where the people (children) here destoried along with her? Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Thats right... they choose not to leave her (the church) and to continue in her sins...

This is true today and we need to leave the corrupt corporate churches and repent; less we too drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. --In part (Rev 14:8)

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And anyone else have anything to say....

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Allow me to start off by saying I am not a scholar but I play one in my own imagination.

2ndly: Who wrote Revelations?

C: Kill them with death?

100: Dontcha love Parables?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Is death not the best way to kill?

Killed with death ------ >

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So let me get this straight....

A Catholic who says....converts to Mormon would be killed? Or no? Well I with all my Heart believe that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the most correct here on this Earth, but...lets say it is a "Cult" (Unlikely) would it even matter? I mean...Isn't believing and following Christ good enough?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poison
A Catholic who says....converts to Mormon would be killed? Or no? Well I with all my Heart believe that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the most correct here on this Earth, but...lets say it is a "Cult" (Unlikely) would it even matter? I mean...Isn't believing and following Christ good enough?

Poison, Believing and following Christ is exactly what the corporate churches are NOT doing.

Every church you mentioned above is in open apostasy. If the church body loved and wanted to follow Christ how come they do not keep His commandments? --John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poison
So let me get this straight....

? Well I with all my Heart believe that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the most correct here on this Earth, but...lets say it is a "Cult" (Unlikely) would it even matter?

I agree with this, All religion is a cult.

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
The followers of such a religion or sect.
A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
The object of such devotion.
An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest

www.answers.com...&r=67

[edit on 26-12-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
And anyone else have anything to say....

If you take a non-astrological view of Revelation, you end up with what amounts to a death threat to everyone but the 'true' Jesus cult, whichever one that happens to be when he shows up to murder everyone.

I really see no difference between these types of Biblical passages and any other hate speech.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My point is that I cannot see Jesus as a person of peace and love with writings like these.

Jesus flips over tables in rage ...

"And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, 'Take these things hence; make not my Father's house a house of merchandise.'" (John 2:14-16)

Jesus says hes not that good

"And behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:16-17)

Jesus did not come to bring peace

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (Matthew 10:34-37)

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?" (Luke 12:49)

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." (Luke 12:51-53)

Sugar and spice and everything nice?

No.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dulcimer, you will have to be mad at many other religions of you are insulted or ofended by the death of children.

maybe you should turn the table around and see, that if someone believe sin the Bibleb they will do as their faith telss them in order to protect themselves and their families. Its the rule for the followers.

What amazes me is the ammount of peopl who will claim they are not believers but than are offended by what they read. Well, if you are not believers you should not worry about what a religion says, after all it may not even be true right ?

Unless, of course there is a sparkle of doubt...and thats where the "outrage" comes from.

I have said this many times, ALL religions in this world have their set of rules. If you beleiev ine it and follow their rules you're cool if you don't you're screwed. Thats basically it... so why would Christianity be any different ?

Yes Jesus is suppose to be a loving heart, but he also has no mercy for those who betray him...such as Allah, Buddah, The Lord and The LAdy ...and so on and on and on ....

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
What amazes me is the ammount of peopl who will claim they are not believers but than are offended by what they read.

Satan is going to slash your throat as you sleep if you don't worship him. That's not a threat, it's a warning I read on the back of a Satanic tract I found on the street. I'm telling you this because I'm concerned for your safety. By the way, he'll be videocasting it so all his followers can laugh while he does it.

That shouldn't have offended you in the least, right?
(this post is not an actual threat of any kind, it's intended only as a dramatic display of principles)

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

What amazes me is the ammount of peopl who will claim they are not believers but than are offended by what they read.

Satan is going to slash your throat as you sleep if you don't worship him. That's not a threat, it's a warning I read on the back of a Satanic tract I found on the street. I'm telling you this because I'm concerned for your safety. By the way, he'll be videocasting it so all his followers can laugh while he does it.

(this post is not an actual threat of any kind, it's intended only as a dramatic display of principles)

actually it did not offend me in any way.
Before i read the last line, I actully thought you believed what you were typing, and I laughed...and than thought ,,,"poor guy"...but than i saw the last line.

and i'm not sure i got the point ?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

actually it did not offend me in any way.
Before i read the last line, I actully thought you believed what you were typing, and I laughed...and than thought ,,,"poor guy"...but than i saw the last line.

and i'm not sure i got the point ?

The first few times, it is funny. You laugh at how brainwashed people are and you shake your head and chuckle. After it happens the 100th time or so, it quits being funny. These people are a real threat who intend to make their delusions reality if need be - enter King George W.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

That's right.

All of you who don't believe in Satan and accept him as your personal savior will fry forever in a fiery river. I'm telling you this not as a threat, but in an effort to save you. Accept Satan and you will accept the gift of eternal paradise. Accept Satan, because he kills for your sins.

What's funny is that Baastetnoir didn't get what spamandham was saying. Baast says that he laughed at spam when he thought spam was serious. He actually felt sorry for spam. And you still don't get it?

If you felt that way about that, why is it so hard to grasp how people feel when you threaten them to accept Jesus? Is it possible that these people are laughing at you and feeling sorry for you? I think that was spam's point, or something like that.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ahhhh....

well... i dont see that as a threat... its a rule ...like poker ... and if you don't play by the rules, you dont play at all.
If I was told ,"either you accept Satan or you die", I'd say .."well go ahead than, kill me "...just like many people do with Jesus...

But that would be MY decision... i wouldnt blame Satan on that. He presented the rules and choose what i wanted.

I still dont see waht the big problem is concerning the "rules" to eneter Heaven, when all other religions have similar sets of rules and noone seems to be very bothered with it ?

If you dont worship Allah, no Heaven or virgins for you..........
If you dont worship Jesus, no Heaven for you.....
If you don't worship Buddah and live a good life...you'll probably come back as a cocroach ..or worst....
If you do anything eveil, it comes back 3 times to you ....

and so on, and on ...

ALL these 'Gods" are loving and mercifull as long as you play by their rules, and stay in their team, so what makes Christianity so upsetting ?

I still dont see the difference or the reason for the outrage.

BTW, I dont have a religion...except for believing in the Exhistance of One God, whomever he is ...and the honor of the 10 commandents...some people have said that makes some kind of Jewish ???

P.S. - I am NOT a HE.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well...

I only target Christians because they're the only ones who tell ME I'm going to hell if I don't agree with them. To me, every religion is about equally credible (read: not too credible) to me, though those nature religions are more appealing if you HAVE to pick.

So, if I get tons of Muslims threatening me to worship Allah (who is the same god as the god of the bible), I'll take it to them. Same with Jews, Rastas, and whoever else. Since it's only Christians who do this, however, my beef is with them.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I still dont see waht the big problem is concerning the "rules" to eneter Heaven, when all other religions have similar sets of rules and noone seems to be very bothered with it ?

The rules you refer to are BS manmade rules. Such language fosters an attitude of superiority that makes it much easier to treat those who haven't accepted the delusion to be treated as subhuman/non-human. They have been used repeatedly as excuses for atrocities, and thus come across as threats from humans to humans (which is what they really are) rather than from gods to humans.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If you take a non-astrological view of Revelation, you end up with what amounts to a death threat to everyone but the 'true' Jesus cult, whichever one that happens to be when he shows up to murder everyone.

I really see no difference between these types of Biblical passages and any other hate speech.

Your right spamman. It seems the Jesus that spoke on the mountainside and the Jesus that speaks some other places in the Bible talks out of both sides of his mouth?

I would suspect the passage(as with all of Revelations) was inserted into the Bible for control over the masses by man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join