It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissappearing Objects & Feeling Presense Of Person Who Is Not There - My Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi,

This is an occurrance that has been happening to me for as long as I can remember, however, it seems as if it has increased over the last few years, and now, right before Christmas (I don't know if Christmas is relavent or not) things, big things, like lamps! Have simply vanished! Sometimes the object belongs to me, sometimes to my boyfriend.

Now, I don't think that this is exactly typical, but I think that it probably has happened to others before, which is why I was surprised when I couldn't find a similar thread. There may be one, I am not too good with the ATS "Search" function. If so, please feel free to move this one.

O.K. Now, I realize that regular human error occurrs and every now and again I, and I'm sure most people will simply misplace an object. I have often had something in my hand, then suddenly it wasn't there. But, also, these type things are often accompanied by a vague memory of having walked into another room and possibly having put it down there without thinking. You know what I'm talking about? I hope so, because this type of mundane annoyance is not what this post is about.

This post is about a theory I have that is growing stronger and stronger about why some of the other things just dissappear, often never to be seen again.

The objects that seem to just vanish without a trace, almost always when no one else is in the house, seem to be most commonly things like keys, tools, CD's, pictures, dishes, and last night, a whole lamp! There is no where in our apartment that is big enough for anyone to have accidently put the lamp down with out being easily spottted. I tried to tell my boyfriend about my theory, which I am about to explain, but, he is very much of a scientific type of a guy, where nothing is possible if it can't be explained by science. (BTW. it was his lamp that dissappeared last night.) Anyway, I thought I would see what, if any feedback I get from you guys.

I'm starting to wonder if our things don't really dissappear from our home, that perhaps they are still exactly where we left them, but we can't see them because maybe they have shifted to another plane of existence, or another dimension because they were put there by entities that picked them up and brought them there. To the place, perhaps just a milimeter off from our world, or something like that, where they co-exist with is.

I know that this sounds pretty strange. It is sort of hard to put it into words and have it come out the way I am perceiving it. But I do wonder if there is not quite feasibly an entire population of "souls", "spirits" or "entities" that maybe used to belong to someone who's physical body my have died long ago, but for some reason, a part of them is still hanging around. Maybe when they died, they weren't mentally ready to accept death, and are caught in some sort of a limbo. Or maybe they are in another dimension or plane of existence that is invisible to us because it is not 3D, but there all the same.

I never feel any sort of sense of being threatened or frightened by my feelings that there are others living invisibly with us. Except for the annoyance of things often dissappearing for no reason.

Also, another thing that I experience from time to time, and I don't know for sure if others experience it also, but have been told by some people that they do. This is when sometimes I am in a room, and have a very strong feeling that somebody is sitting next to me, or standing in the next room, or sometimes I honestly think that my cat is lying in a certain spot on the floor near me, only to find out that the cat has been outside. And almost always when I get that sense of another person being in the room with me, it happenes when I am totally alone. My boyfriend is away also.

Sometimes I look, feeling stupid because I know that I am home alone, but look anyway only to see what I expect t see - no one!

I have heard of "shadow people", but don't really know much about what they are, or if they truly exist. And if there is a connection with these sensations of someone else being in the room with me, and the physical things dissappearing, the dissappearing objects seem to vanish much too often, BTW, then how would it be possible for a being from another dimension (or similar different type of plane) to move the physical object from our physical world, into their world which is invisible to me (us),

Does anyone else out there ever experience anything at all of the sort? Either the feeling of a presence that can't be seen, or objects dissappearing that there seems no possible way that they could have? Or both?

If you have ever noticed anythjng like this, or even remotely like this, I would love to hear from you. I look forward to your posts.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The post I made (right above, with no replies), I guess I just wanted to say that I knew when I was writing it, that I was having a hard time putting into words exactly what I was trying to convey. I had put a lot of thought into it, prior to attempting to write it out, because it is a phenomena that I have been truly experiencing, and not something that I can easily discuss with someone and be taken seriously.

I realize that I can't demand any replies if no one wishes to make any, but of all places I could broach the subject, I thought it might be here.

Anyway, if anyone has any input at all, I would like so much to hear from you. Then again if not, I will not post about it again.

Thanks everyone.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi CyberKat!

I'm not quite sure what to tell you about the disappearing objects, as I'm rather new to the realm of paranormal studies, but from what I've learned from my own thread which SteveR and Majestic12 contributed a lot of info to (Thread here if you want to read and see all the links www.abovetopsecret.com...) is that more often than not you or someone around you has triggered or done something to anger a restless or vengeful spirit.

Speaking from what I've learned thus far, these things are more often than not intrusions into what they deem as "Their space", because the soul isn't willing to let go of life at times, a spirit may remain in an area or zone for some time after death. An unexpected and sudden intrusion may be seen as insulting an offensive to these spirits, and they will often do things like instill that sense of a prescence watching you as you described it in the hopes of scaring you away.

I'm more than certain they could also be responsible for your disappearing objects, as they will often resort to mischevous actions to get you out of their area. In my case specifically my TV and light will begin flickering in the wee hours of the morning when I'm the only one downstairs on the computer. If it were a power outage/problem, my computer would certainly go off, no?

While I've never heard of these astral spirits taking furniture and things for their own use, I certainly am in no position to say you're wrong, and that is an interesting theory, but from what I've learned here I'm more inclined to believe it's a mischevous little spirit that you've set off for a particular reason.

Have you been visiting any places spirits would consider specially "their space" and fooling around? I.E. Graveyards, that sort of thing. Do you know the history of the house/apartment you're in? Do you know if somethings happened there before, not neccessarily a serial killer or indian burial ground ala exorcist
but perhaps a young child passed away there, and now he's just fooling around with you. You mentioned that you never felt scared, that's a good thing, I think that means they aren't out to hurt you or drive you out. Again, there are others out there much more experienced in this than I am, Not to bump my own thread but I suggest you check out some of the things SteveR has posted there, he has real good insight and knowledge of this area.

I hope I helped somewhat!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Conquitsadork,

Thank you so much for giving me some input! I truly appreciate it. And, I most definately am going to read through your thread that you gave me, as it sounds as if there is quite a bit more information there.

As far as a couple of things you mentioned, they don't seem - at least at a conscious level to fit (although, as I said, I was having quite a bit of trouble expressing myself in my original post) But one in particular, made a lot of sense.

Let me start with the ones that don't fit (here I am, already writing in a fragmented way - I wonder if "they" don't like me writing about "them"?) hmmmm.

O.K. as far as me being in "their space", unless they have moved around and happened to have claimed as "their space" every house, apartment, etc... that I have ever lived in, I don't think that would be the case, as I have moved around the country quite a bit, and have had these things happen to me on sort of an irregular basis for about as long as I can remember. Also, interestingly enough, my sister in California moved into an old house high in the mountains above Santa Barbara. She is not terribly into the paranormal or anything, but she as told me on several occasions, that her house is haunted. She's not scared at all, rather finds it to be amusing. But she says that things come up missing, but nothing very valuable, and often she feels a presence, and can even describe what that presence would look like if she could see it, and her husband also can describe the invisible "person". It is usually a tall Indian man. They don't think much of it. But, this is only in that one residence. She has never experienced it anywhere else she has lived, unlike my experiences.

Also, as far as visiting graveyards and the like, no. I don't even "do" funerals because..................well, that's very off topic. Anyway, I don't know much about the apartment I currently live in, except that there had been a fire in my unit, but no one was hurt, and the only result of the fire that I can see, is that when we moved in, the place had been totally remodeled. No relationship there, that I can see.

And about instilling a feeling of being watched in order to scare me off, I don't think that's it. If anything, I do not like to be alone, and if anything, I get more of a feeling of companionship. I don't remember if I mentioned anything about my cat, but both my boyfriend and I love her very much, and sometimes she goes out and stays longer than we are comfortable with and we start to worry about her a bit. Very often during the times she is missing and when she comes back, every dark colored thing I see out of the corner of my eye, I totally think that it's her. Sometimes I even start to talk to her, then I turn and look only to see that it's just a sweater or something, then feel foolish.

O.K. sorry to be so long winded, but the part you wrote that really rang true, at least on the night that the lamp dissappeared, and it seemed as if almost everything that either of us went to get, was suddenly not there, my boyfriend had had a really bad day. He was upset over several different things, and the atmosphere was very tense that night. You said that maybe me or someone around me has tirggered an angry or restless spirit, and if so, that certainly would have been true for that night.

Except, now, he has ironed out his previous problems, all the tension from before has dissapated, but we still have not found one single thing that dissappeard that night! Odd.

Anyway, like I said, I certainly will check out your thread, for the information that you said it contains. However, you have really helped me simply be replying, so I have no problem bumping your thread anyway.

Thanks again.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
These things, whatever they may be, will follow you if they have a reason to. It sounds much more playful and friendly than I would've guessed. I remember it was mentioned to me that these "beings" feed off of emotion - in a sense - they're attracted to the "aura" your happiness or saddness gives off on the "astral plane".

Perhaps that love and companionship you and your boyfriend share with your cat is a source of interest in this wandering spirit. Maybe hiding/stealing these little things is it's way of letting you know its there and also desires that same love you share with your cat - Much like an attention starved child, if that makes more sense. More often then not, depending on the type of aura you give off, it would seem you attract different kinds of beings. That love and warmth your cat provides you may be attracting a lost or lonely spirit that wants to share that same attention, and this is its way of getting you to recognize it.

Keep in mind, these are all educated guesses on my part from what I've learned in my time here on ATS, so I may be way off mark, but thats what seems to make the most sense to me. Do you notice that when your cat is gone for extended periods of time that things tend to disappear more often or you feel that prescence more prominently than usual? If so, Id have to guess that in wanting to share that love, it also wants you to know that it is there for you.

The more I think of it, the more it seems this is a sort of guardian spirit, with a weird way of getting your attention
. At least you can take comfort in the fact that it seems for the most part to be more friendly than malicious, as I think I'm having a current problem with the other end of the spectrum when it comes to other worldly friends. Mine doesn't like me too much

I'd definetely ask your boyfriend if he notices these things too, I read you approached him with your theory, but ask him the same thing I asked you, about the increase in these events when your cats gone for long periods of time. If both of you notice that they do indeed increase, I would definetely lean towards some kind of lonely/guardian spirit.

I'll say it again, Im no professional in this arena, and these are strictly my opinions and educated guesses. I wish you the best of luck with your new little Casper buddy!

[edit on 24/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can I ask for a little info on this.Now I have a hard time reading long messages so it might be in there.But have you lived there long?How old is this house.Is this something that has happened before.In my experience.
When things fall or are moved it is a low level poltergiest type.Now if things are shaking or bieng altered at a high rate or alot of sounds and visions you have a middle high poltergiest.Whether or not these things are of negative or positive nature can change depending on what the ghost is going through.We definitly effact these things and our intentions are what make them react.Depending on the ghosts specs(Why it is there,Behaviors and its fetters)As my friend described your love might be its attraction.Most
ghosts have an attachment to something in the area or action place specific feeling whatever,that they react to making them act in a certain way.If you have lived there for a while something you do or have brought into the home or something to this nature might be the cause for such behavior to arise...I will touch back with you soon.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Can I ask for a little info on this.Now I have a hard time reading long messages so it might be in there.But have you lived there long?How old is this house.Is this something that has happened before.

Hi toraylin,

It's good to hear from you. Regarding the questions you asked, I don't remember whether I already answered them or not, without going back through. So, in answer to your question:
"Have you lived there long?"

I've lived here for about 2 years.

"How old is the house?"

It's not a house, it is an apartment unit. And, I honestly have no idea how old it is, but for a wild guess, I would say maybe 20 years - give or take a lot.

"Is this something that has happened before?"

Yes, not routinely, but I have lived in many different houses and apartments in several different states. I can say that both things, the unexplainable dissappearance of objects, and the feeling of a presence have occurred numerous times at every place I have ever lived, for as far back as I can remember. When I made this post the other night, it had been something that I had been thinking about posting for quite some time, but when I finally did, it was triggered by the ridiculous number and size of things that turned up missing all in a short period of time. Also, something which I didn't mention in my original post, was that while I have become used to the feeling of a presence which I can not see, that night, I could swear that my first name was being called out from another room (that was empty at the time). I only heard it once, but very clearly except for the fact that I have no idea if it was a male or a female voice.

Now, as for some of the other information that you offered, I have never particularly thought of there being an actual "ghost", although what does one really define a ghost to be? What I said about feeling a presence sometimes, I suppose could be a definition of a ghost. But, I guess that that in itself, I never really thought of it as an actual separate being. I more thought that it was like a figment of my imagination. You know, like all in my head? But although it has been annoying, things seem to be constantly dissappearing (not just here - where I live now), but on and off where ever I have lived, I never associated it with the feeling that sometimes there is an invisible presence in the room. I have often lived with roomates, or my 2 ex-husbands, now my boyfriend of many years, so although pretty much the husbands and now boyfriend, have never been suspect for taking things, there were times that, Oh yeah, I did borrow that for this, here it is. But not often. Also, the same for myself, I would mean to put something somewhere, but get distracted on the way and set it down in a place I didn't mean to. Then, when I found it, I would remember.

The roommates were not that trustworthy, for the most part. While I seldom caught anyone taking anything, I knew that they did - some of the time. But, it's not those instances that made me associate my feelings of a presence with the dissappearance of things. The vanishing objects in question - the reason for my original post, are things that have dissappeared when either no one else was around, or just the two of us (any two of us's) would be sitting together in one room, and one or the other of us would have something in their hand, we would both know it, or it could be sitting right beside or in front of one of us, we would get into a conversation about something for a few minutes, then go back to working or doing whatever with the object, and it would just be gone. No one had left their seat to have moved it. It would just be gone, and the times when that would happen, would be the things that we would never see again.

Also, whenever this would happen, no one would actually see the object dissappear. It would just be there one minute, then gone the next. And when it was getting to things like we had just finished eating, and there would be plates I knew I had to take to the kitchen, go to do it, and there would be a glass missing that I had just drank from a moment ago, or a fork. Where could they have gone? A fork is not valuable, easily replaceable, but........where did it go! Then when it came the other night to a desk lamp - a good sized one, there one minute, gone the next, that is when I seriously began wondering if all the missing objects weren't really missing or gone at all, that they were probably still right where we left them, only somehow moved to another dimention that we could not see.

Make any sense? Now, you mention things shaking or falling. I have never seen anything like that. That's the thing. I have never seen anything happen. Just the results of things being missing with no plausable way that they could be. I just don't know. I don't think that it is some sort of a poltergeist, but then again, I never rule out anything that is offered as a possible explaination, unless it has been proven without a doubt that the explaination is wrong. Your's has not been ruled out. Nothing has been ruled out. I am absolutely perplexed at this. And besides, it is getting annoying. I feel like I have to keep an eye on every single thing to be sure that it stays put - that and that I sure would like to actually see it in the process of dissappearing. But I never have! Go figure....

If you find out anything else, and care to share it, I am open to any suggestions. Thanks again, toraylin.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
When you say that you have a vague recollection of walking into a room, can you explain that in more detail.

Are they odd random objects or objects of importance at the time that really stuff you around when you "lose them" , like do you lose your keys just before you need to take the car out for an important appointment, did you lose the lamp when there is somehting you need to read with it on? Do you lose the book that you happen to be reading at the time?

Sounds like the karma or universal energy is out of whack.. how is the harmoney between you and your boyfriend? Is there a third person living there at all? is someone under immense stress?

How is the Feng Shui aspect of the apartment? Is there anything not blance, like does the front door open onto a brick wall, or views out windows look over more walls? Is the apartment itself all balanced and harmonic...?

I personally do not believe in the "poltergeist/spirit version.

I believe that poltergeist activity is subconsciously created by a member of the household, or someone who visits. that is why I am asking the harmonics.. Do you ever get visitors to the apartment that annoy you, or are mentally illl or odd, highly stressed people or miserable unhappy people?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
On several occasions I have had a strong sense of someone being near me in my house. It is such a good feeling, I have actually talked to people that I feel around me but have never got a response, just signs... one night while laying in bed I felt a warm touch on my arm which made my hair stand up for about 3 months.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I know what you are talking about but it just happend to me once.
it is very annoying because if you tell anyone they will be like "well you just misplaced it"
but you didnt
once i was on the beach with two freinds at night
no one was there but us. me and this girl had a connection when we talked about paranormal things that had happend to us and our combined exsperiances took about an hour of conversation. the other guy there had no such exsperiances and must have thought we were crazy. we went to leave and i reached for the car keys which were in my jeans pocket and they had vanished and i specifically remebered putting them there. we were only at one spot on the beach so we went back there and looked with flaslights for an hour and a half finding nothing. we had only been two places 1) the car and 2) the spot with a blanket on the beach.
nothing
we raked the sand for another half hour
and called a cab
me and the girl joked about how something knew we were talking about it and took the keys
but really we believed it
and i believe you

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mayet,

Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it. I will try to answer some of your questions:

When you say that you have a vague recollection of walking into a room, can you explain that in more detail.

Well, I was just trying to clarify the difference between my own misplacing of things, and when they really dissappear. I just meant that when I have simply misplaced something, usually I will see something in the apartment, or walk into the other room and it will, spark the memory of where I put it.

Are they odd random objects or objects of importance at the time that really stuff you around when you "lose them" , like do you lose your keys just before you need to take the car out for an important appointment, did you lose the lamp when there is somehting you need to read with it on? Do you lose the book that you happen to be reading at the time?

Yes! I mean that they are almost always things that are necessary at the time. Not necessarily of great monetary or sentimental value, but things that were being, or just about to be used right when they turn up missing. The keys - perfect example. In about 2 years, we have had 5 sets of keys dissappear. One set was found months later, the rest - never to be seen since. The lamp. He needs it for use at his computer desk. He had just bought a new bulb for it, as the old one had gone out. He had come home with the new bulb, taken the old one out, went into the living room or kitchen for some reason, and returned to the computer room to put n the new one, and the whole lame was gone. It was ridiculous. We looked all over for it, because he believes that whenever something is missing, that one or the other of us absentmindedly moved it, and it was simply misplaced. I thought that for sure he wouldn't say that on this one, but he thinks that maybe he took out the trash unwittingly while going to the kitchen, and somehow must have had the lamp with him......he didn't!

He's got to know that, but just won't accept anything that can't be explained rationally. That my "little gremlins" don't exist. But in answer to your question, yes, they are almost always things that are in the process of being used, or just about to be used.

Sounds like the karma or universal energy is out of whack.. how is the harmoney between you and your boyfriend? Is there a third person living there at all? is someone under immense stress?

My boyfriend have a very solid, trusting and permanent relationship, however, it can be quite volitile at times. We argue more than we should, but underneath, there is never any serious threat to the stability of "us". There is no third person, just our cat, who we sometimes treat like a child.
I am always under stress. Or so it seems. I really shouldn't be, but there are always financial problems, and it seems like there is not enough time in the day, I get frustrated at never getting done what I had planned. But I'm sure that this is very common to most people.

[...............................]Is the apartment itself all balanced and harmonic...?

We love the asthetics. New management has recently taken over. They are very obnoxious, always leaving notes about stuff in the windows, wanting to come in to inspect, etc..... no regard for privacy or personal preference. We are moving because of them when our lease is up in March.

[..........................................] Do you ever get visitors to the apartment that annoy you, or are mentally illl or odd, highly stressed people or miserable unhappy people?

Yes, one person fits all of the above. However, he was gone for over a year (while thing continued to dissappear), and only recently has returned to make a nuisance out of himself. But, before, my boyfriend always let him in, "loaned" him money that would never be repaid, etc... now, he won't let him in at all. So.....?

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
epiphany,

On several occasions I have had a strong sense of someone being near me in my house. It is such a good feeling, I have actually talked to people that I feel around me but have never got a response, just signs... one night while laying in bed I felt a warm touch on my arm which made my hair stand up for about 3 months.

That sounds kind of creepy, believable, but I think I would freak out if something that wasn't "really there" as far as I could see, actually touched me! Hope you are O.K.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
I know what you are talking about but it just happend to me once.
it is very annoying because if you tell anyone they will be like "well you just misplaced it"
but you didnt

I know all too well what you mean about that! It is frustrating. That's why I thought that maybe some of you ATSers might be more understanding.

I totally understand (well, not exactly understand), but can relate to your insident with losing your keys on the beach. I suppose your friend still thinks that they are stuck in the sand or something. It's a good thing that your girlfriend is more understanding.

Thanks for repsponding.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yo cyberkat - i like that name btw.

Scientists have come to a conclusion that we ourselves find hard to understand.

Ok i will explain. When u think of something materialistic and solid like a wodden table 4 example. Or like u said in your first post, a CD, then u think that that is always solid and the particles never move.

Well...

It seems that atoms are almost all vacuum empty space. But thats another story. The main part of what i was gona say is - that they found that atoms in an object dont always stay in the same place. I mean that they arent always in the object, yet it stays how it appears.

Now some people have many theories 4 this....

And going back to your original theory do they go to another plane of existence. That could well be because that is one of the theories of the missing atoms that we apparantly have in a "SOLID" object.

They could well move to another existence in another realm the same as ours. And their scientists could be thinking exactly the same as us. Like " where the hell have those atoms gone from that object ". but it could be just travelling through timezones in the universe.

So maybe u cud be right. The object could just move out of our sight / field of vision / plane of existence to another realm. Then come back again !

Who knows. Unfortunatlely science is so vast. We think we know it all now, but omg how much are we missing and how much don't we know !

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think, these objects aren't disappearing. Brainwash is the cause of everything

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerman
I think, these objects aren't disappearing. Brainwash is the cause of everything

I don't get it. If you're just joking, cool, but make it more clear. If not, like I say, I don't get it. I mean, I know that the media has many people brainwashed about many things, such as believing all of their excuses for doing horrendous things and letting them get away with them because they have been fed lines of BS about why it's O.K., etc....

But, the particular personal experiences I was describing in this thread don't really fall into any sort of brainwashing category that I know of.

Explain further?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
Yo cyberkat - i like that name btw.

Scientists have come to a conclusion that we ourselves find hard to understand.

Ok i will explain. When u think of something materialistic and solid like a wodden table 4 example. Or like u said in your first post, a CD, then u think that that is always solid and the particles never move.

Well...

[....................................] The main part of what i was gona say is - that they found that atoms in an object dont always stay in the same place. I mean that they arent always in the object, yet it stays how it appears.

Now some people have many theories 4 this....

And going back to your original theory do they go to another plane of existence. That could well be because that is one of the theories of the missing atoms that we apparantly have in a "SOLID" object.

They could well move to another existence in another realm the same as ours. And their scientists could be thinking exactly the same as us. Like " where the hell have those atoms gone from that object ". but it could be just travelling through timezones in the universe.

So maybe u cud be right. The object could just move out of our sight / field of vision / plane of existence to another realm. Then come back again ! [.......................................]

Arawn,

I didn't know that there had actually been scientific studies done on this particular phenomanon. I find it very interesting. Do you have any links? I would sure like to take a look at them.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
as a general rule, you have to rule out the normal before going paranormal right ? could it be a thief, a poor memory, heavy drug use, or a prankster ?

maybe the objects disappear around x-mas because someone is pawning them for money ?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It happens in my house alot.

To prefix this, let me say that some people know for whatever reason, my house is wierd. Theres something here, outside, sometimes inside, creepy, watching me, especially at night.

Now, one night, the wierdest of these events happened.

It's at night, and I'm going to lock the front door, I lock it up, pull out the key, and whoops, I dropped it onto the carpet.

I kneel down to feel around, nothing on the carpet. I turn on the light, nothing anywhere on the carpet, behind the couch, underneath the sofa, in a nook or cranny. nowhere.

I forget about it, we start using a spare key, for a year and a half. Then one night ,we found it.

The washer off and empty, and all of a sudden we hear a loud clank. We open it up, and on the edge of the "turbine" part of the washer (the thing that spins) is the key we lost a year ago. It's teatering on the edge, like it was placed there.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
as a general rule, you have to rule out the normal before going paranormal right ? could it be a thief, a poor memory, heavy drug use, or a prankster ?

maybe the objects disappear around x-mas because someone is pawning them for money ?

This is all very good logic, except for one thing - simply none of it applies in my situation. We are home almost all the time, we also have a bugler alarm, only because recently the apartment below us was broken into. We don't have many friends. The few that we do have, have been known to one or the other of us for most of our lives and have never stolen from us, or anyone else AFAWK.

As far as the poor memory, mine isn't the greatest, but my boyfriend remembers everything. And mine isn't so far gone that I totally forget whole time frames where I could have moved something and had no memory of it.

Drug use? N/A. Same goes for alcohol use. No blackouts going on here.

Prankster? No, fits in the same category as the likleyhood of a thief - unless out cat is a lot stronger than we know, and has a huge "hidey hole" in the apartment that we have not found.

Someone pawning for money. We are fairly broke. The objects who dissapppear don't really have any monetary value, just value in the sense that we were just working with them, or about to use them, etc...... (We have already pawned everything for money)

No, really!

Seriously, I appreciate what you wrote, I just can't apply it to my circumstances. Thanks, though. Any other thoughts, I would love to hear them!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join