It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird flu bull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This business about Asian bird flu is such a line of bull let me explain. Flu strains attack one part of the body on one kid of animal at a time making it imposable to cross the species barrier. Ok so check this out, saying it will cross is like saying a man can mate with a cat. So where is all this research money going I ask.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Influenza A viruses are found in many different animals, including ducks, chickens, pigs, whales, horses, and seals. Influenza B viruses circulate widely only among humans.

www.cdc.gov...

this explains where flu comes from.

brian

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
very nice but check this like it says they do mix and change minamal genitic detales causing slightly difrent simptoms ex. a "wet" flu and a "dry" flu but this one in the media the one thats spreding is a flu that is so deadly it can infect a person and kill at ~ 20% this is not the flu. they try to tell us they know when the virus will evolve in to a deadly strain that we havent seen. the last figures ive seen for flu symptoms that kills at that rate close to 20% is anthrax lol

it is possible for the genes of these viruses to mix and create a new virus

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My Opinion on avian flu : Sole purpose : creating a precedent,and implicitly,a FEAR Response among the masses.Since the Penicilline and aspirine,humans have become used to defeating and overcoming diseases. With aids, mad cow disease, avian flu,and more to come, 'we' will begin to accept,as our ancestors, the REAL threat of a killer virus/germ/microbe whatever....

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Given your registration dates, I think you are the same person talking to yourself and trying to get responses. Either that or all of you speak very poorly and write even worse.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lol im not that shallow to reply to my own threds, and yes i suck at spelling and grammer thx for telling me incase i have heard that all my life lol

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Given your registration dates, I think you are the same person talking to yourself and trying to get responses. Either that or all of you speak very poorly and write even worse.

That is very uncalled for, and do not add anything to the thread.

Yes I am one of the few with an opinion that the avian flu while it can become an epidemic it has been over state what that does is making allowing more money to research that actually are not doing anything to prevent it.

Look what is going on with the tamiflu and who is behind the production of it, is all political influences at work.

Occurs Birds are the natural carrier for the Avian flu.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thats what it all boils down to. I see the specials on tv on the pandemic and they never fail to show the box of Tamiflu.

Its all subliminal.

Get your Tamiflu

Oh they dont come right out and say "come and get them" but that box is on all the specials.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey that is what is all about Dg funding for Rumsfeld tamiflu and get the public in a frenzy to buy their product.

What a shame.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How about this word
Rabies

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How about losing your mind and jumping off buildings?

Thats what Tamiflu is good for. No thanks, not without my Superwoman cape!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
any one know how much a full treatment of Tamiflu would cost someone? i figured i reade some more this is so strange though

influenza pandemics in the 20th century, each following a major genetic change in the virus, killed millions of people.

how can they predict when(soon) and where (asia) the nedt will develup, hell it could go through this change in indiana for all we know. also how do you develup a drug for a desease that hasent yet came about. yes there has been sevral extreme cases of the flu. this super killer ultra pandemic has yet to show its self b/c if it where like the flu ...it spreads

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
holy dam

In November, 2005, U.S. president George W. Bush requested Congress to fund $7.1 billion in emergency spending for flu pandemic prepardness (the Senate had already passed an $8.1 billion bill)[13]. Bush's plan included $1.4 billion for government purchases of anti-viral drugs[14].

WTF thats like half the cost of katrina on drugs for emergencies wth somethigns not right about all of this!!!

top topics

join