It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can I Get A Custom Avatar From Jak, Umbrax, Or Any Of You Who Make Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi,

I often see some pretty cool looking avatars that members have, and usually in their signature, there is a reference to the artist who created the Avatar.

I'm sorry that I am not good at remembering names - given or user - therefore, just because the names of Jak and Unbrax came to mind, doesn't mean that I haven't also seen excellent avatars out there by other talented members.

Anyway, I am looking for a drawing or an image or something like that of a "CyberKat". I don't know exactly what one looks like, but I don't like science fiction type stuff, I don't picture a CyberKat as an ET, or on a UFO.

Maybe a Cat/Kat in Cyberspace? Something like that? I don't know how cyberspace is portrayed.

Well, I was just wondering if someone who creates Avatars might be interested in helping me with a "CyberKat"?

Thanks.

[Mod edit to correct spelling in title]

[edit on 31/8/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well you always could pray, but better yet why not u2u some of them. I am sure if you ask nicely they will be more then happy to help you out

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, the logical answer would be to ask. Here are their respective threads, and those of others found in the Member Art Forum on BTS:

Umbrax's Comic Av
Zedd's Scrapbook
Cpr12r's Avatars (it rhymes so click it)

And
Get yourself an Avatar (picture by your name)

You could request an avatar there (or elsewhere).

[edit on 12/23/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yeah just ask and if one of us isn't to busy we'll be glad to make it... it is holiday season so some people may be a bit busy at the moment... but they'll get to it when they have time

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Originaly posted by shots

Well you always could pray, but better yet why not u2u some of them. I am sure if you ask nicely they will be more then happy to help you out

That would have normally have been what I would have preferred to do, except for the fact that I did not have a list of all the names of the people who create avatars. If I only U2U'd thee ones that I could remember, then I might be missing out on someone who could make one that I liked better, or a new person.
-------------------------------------------------------

Originally psted by Amorymeltzer

Well, the logical answer would be to ask. Here are their respective threads, and those of others found in the Member Art Forum on BTS:

Umbrax's Comic Av
Zedd's Scrapbook
Cpr12r's Avatars (it rhymes so click it)

And
Get yourself an Avatar (picture by your name)

You could request an avatar there (or elsewhere).

Thanks, Amory. But I thought that by making this post in the first place, that is exactly what I was doing - asking.

I appreciate the links you gave me, though, so that now I have some more specific people to ask, rather than just the couple of people that I could remember seeing their names in the signatues of others. Now that I have a few more links to people who are creators of Avatars, I think that I will try this approach. I will try this now, sending out some U2U's, or perhaps waiting for Christmas & New Years to be over and people starting to go back about their regular lives.

Thanks, CyberKat

[edit on 12/24/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I say just ask them. Don't forget KingLizard.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I say just ask them. Don't forget KingLizard.

Thanks, I knew that there was another name I'd seen.......KingLizard. I like your's.

And you know what? Sometimes, because I never want to offend anyone, )even though I sometimes do inadvertently anyway, I think I try too hard sometimes that it backfires.

I'm gonna be sending some U2U's TODAY!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sweet, I'm glad to hear it/help.

Let us know how it turns out!

[edit on 12/24/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
I think I try too hard sometimes that it backfires.

No matter what you do someone will not like it. So just stay in the guidelines and be yourself.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Since the topic of avatar making is being discussed I would like to share a few words.

The "avatar artists" listed above and I enjoy making these avatars very much. Personally I get a lot of satisfaction from making someone an avatar that they really like.

In the past I've noticed the odd person will go onto every avatar thread and ask the artist to make them an avatar. Sometimes a member will ask several different artists for an avatar. Avatars take time to make and when 4 people make four different avatars for the same person it isn't really fair to the artists.

So please if a member doesn't favor a particular artist I request that they use this thread,
Get yourself an Avatar (picture by your name).

If you do like a particular artist please visit their own threads and make a request or request via U2U.

Personally I specialize in Comic Book themed avatars. I can do other types but they will most likely not be as good as my comic avatars. Some artists are better in some areas than others so please check out the individual threads and see what style you like best

I really like being thought of as a "go-to" person for avatars. Being ranked amongst these other talented artists is a real honor.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Excellent advice Umbrax.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
[..........................]

The "avatar artists" listed above and I enjoy making these avatars very much. Personally I get a lot of satisfaction from making someone an avatar that they really like.

In the past I've noticed the odd person will go onto every avatar thread and ask the artist to make them an avatar. Sometimes a member will ask several different artists for an avatar. Avatars take time to make and when 4 people make four different avatars for the same person it isn't really fair to the artists.

So please if a member doesn't favor a particular artist I request that they use this thread,
Get yourself an Avatar (picture by your name).

If you do like a particular artist please visit their own threads and make a request or request via U2U.

Personally I specialize in Comic Book themed avatars. I can do other types but they will most likely not be as good as my comic avatars. Some artists are better in some areas than others so please check out the individual threads and see what style you like best

I really like being thought of as a "go-to" person for avatars. Being ranked amongst these other talented artists is a real honor.

Thank you Umbrax. I didn't really know how much time and effort goes into one, since they all seem to be offered for free, but you make an excellent point. Especially since I want something in particular that I can't even describe myself.

(I haven't sent out those U2U's yet)

Thanks again for the advice.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
General question

I have a very complex Idea(complex by my standards as someone with no computer art ability)for an Avatar.
Let me see if I can explain. I like your(Umbrax) and Kinglizard's Avatars because you both use the Backround image as the image(eliminating the smaller avatar picture). Thusly, the Image gets sprawed out the enirety of the Avatar instead of being tiled. JAK makes some of the best Animated avatars I have yet seen. My problem is this: I would love an Avatar that has an Animated Image used as the backround image.
It is a complex picture that has several elements. but in the end it all goes into the backround image not avatar(if that makes sense)

1.) first layer: black backround

2.)second layer: ATS logo

3.)third layer: Animated picture of Bob Marley singing live ( like the Image currently in my avatar- only animated- and used as backround instead of avatar). He walks out past of the ATS logo(second layer) from the right to the left of the image while he is singing.

4.)fourth layer: below where is where it shows the ATS points and 'ignore' and 'way above' part I would love to have; TONE23 that pulses blue with a yellow light beam( picture comet with tail) orbiting the TONE23.

Am I setting my sights too high? can this even be achieved? or is there too much going on to fit into this(size wise)?
JAK made one that has Jay and Silent Bob in front of the ats logo doing their head bopping thing. This is as close to what I am describing(see last page of:Avatars by JAK ). Also, notice on the bottom of JAKs Avatar is something similar to what I want as layer 4 on mine(thanks JAK for the Ideas
)

If this is possible; is anyone up to the challenge of crafting such an image? I know I cant...lol(dont have the software or skill to do this) Your reward will be my undying appreciation and proud display of said image.

thank you for your time,
tone

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

Am I setting my sights too high? can this even be achieved? or is there too much going on to fit into this(size wise)?

Sounds like something beyond my ability. The biggest problem here is that background image has to be under 50K.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm guilty of asking new members who make avatars for one.

I feel terrible. I didnt know you felt this way, Umbrax.

I didnt meant to make you feel like those you gave me are not good enough. I love every single one of my avatars and i just like variety, that's all.

I hope you can forgive me.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
No worries dgtempe. I know you use all the avatars you get.

I was referring to what some new members do. They will make several requests to different people for avatars at the same time. Then they use one of the avatars made for them and the other artists wasted their time (also note the date of this old thread).
What you do is not what I was trying to describe in that old post.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
*nevermind that question. Sorry*

[edit on 29-9-2006 by enjoies05]

top topics

join