It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Bad Christmas Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

PODcast: Bad Christmas Music
Just because it's Christmas music doesn't make it "good" at all costs (like my sanity).

length: 07:21
file: btstpod_1121.mp3
size: 6892k
feed: btst

[edit on 12/23/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Actually, it just occured to me that my request for BH to give a shot to a particular song, could be a copyright problem. I just thought it would be a nice thing for BTS music.

But if there's any concerns in this regards, I'd still love to hear you give it a shot, maybe you could just send it to people who want it if it can't be posted.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Relentless, you crack me up! I hear you about the bad renditions of Christmas music! It's horrible and it lasts for weeks and weeks!

I love the Little Drummer Boy. I made a recording with pan flutes and 3 part vocal harmony, but I can't PODcast it because of copyright.

I can't find the First Nightingale song... and I don't know it. Sorry. I would gladly record it and send it to you if I could.

Happy Holidays, ya scrooge!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LOL!

Better you than me. "We've gotta get over this." I'm with you. I HATE the slowed down, messed up renditions.

YOU SCROOGE!

God Bless you on this wonderful Holy Day. May God bless you with His grace and mercy...

at least in the form of GOOD CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think the outcome (and progression) of this debate will be of great importance:

Carollers are the scion of satan.

Just for reference.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I found it, I found it! (Which wasn't easy since the name is simply "The Gift" and I was searching "Nightingale, Christmas, etc."

I cannot find the version I am hearing on the radio and still don't know who is singing that one, but that rendition is simple pure and sweet (and one song that has been slowed down by the artist from the original version and works very well). Also, I don't think the version I am hearing has much background music, and the ones offered at the site are predominantly guitar, but I like it better with the one I am hearing. It's more of a gentle lullaby. Apparently Garth Brooks has recorded this also, but I still can't find a link to his version. I did however find the lyrics written out under his lyrics.

www.lyricsfreak.com...

Anyway, the song is by Stephanie Davis and the good news is........

For a limited time, we are offering them as free downloads as Stephanie's way of saying thanks for your continued support. We only ask that if you perform "The Gift" in public, you credit Stephanie as the composer and that these materials not be duplicated for profit.

So there is no copyright infringement to give it a shot and offer it to BTS music! (Where's my dancing banana when I need him - lol)

www.stephaniedavis.net...

It includes background music in different keys, but I do not particulary like the choice of instrumentals in these tracks, there is one with the lyrics though to get an idea of the song.

Please pretty please BH, even if you don't have time now that we are in the throws of the holiday, could you give it a BH interpretation at some point?

Sorry to put you on the spot, and I don't know why I'm obsessing about this, so feel free to decline if my excitement just puts to much pressure into the request to feel comfortable trying it.

[edit on 12/24/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That is pretty. I will try, Relentless. What a wonderful challenge! Thanks!

It will probably be after Christmas, but you can download it for next Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm so thrilled! Thank you BH, and get to it when you can, I know it will be worth the wait.

Oh, and yes, I was up at 5AM this morning and you can see from the time I posted how long it took me to find the darn thing.

Edit - Okay - I finally found the version I've been hearing (11:30 AM
)

It's by a young Canadian girl named Aselin Debison. I think she was 12 or 13 when she recorded it. and it sounds it, ergo, some of the people who hear it find her voice to young, high and annoying. I guess it's all in your taste.

Anyway, if you search her name you will find the album "Sweet Is the Melody" on Amazon and it has a rather poor quality clip, I tried to post a link, but it was way too long.

[edit on 12/24/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
On a brighter note, the silly season is almost over and we can all get back to being the rays of sunshine that we truly are

I too am glad its almost over Relent.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Over!?! No, its just begun. Christmas is never over for me until I've eaten all the candy I get. Which, judging by this years haul, will be a long time.

top topics

join