It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hell cannot exist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
when we die. we die. then we rott for a while. then were bones. or ashes...or mummified... whatever you put in your will. anyways. there cannot be a hell.... i say this because if our spirit goes to a place of fire and brimstone who cares! were dead! with no nervous system we cannot feel pain. if there was pain it wouldnt bee the same human pain we feel in thease bodies. it would be some form of spirit pain... maby lonelyness? can spirits have emotions? you can beleive what you want. im just getting this out of my head so i can fill it with more useless knowledge.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Even Pope John Paul II said that hell was a metaphor for the seperation from God, Not some actual firey furnace your tossed into. It seems about the only people who actually believe in the fiery furnace are the fundies. Hey, if thats what they want to believe, more power to them.

Separation from God would seem to be the far worse torture though. I honestly don't worry that when i die god will remember my sins, I fear that God will forget my soul.

This is just my humble opinion,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You're right Hell does not exist. But why stop there? You were saying something about where the spirit goes and what type of pain it might feel. Why believe in the spirit? The concept of spirit is a product of psychophysical dualism and it is not scientifically provable. Other terms over used and taken for granted in Western culture due to the superstitious notions of psychphysical dualism are soul and mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The truth is there is no hell...if it was even real the bible doesnt say god created it...it was created in the imaginations of men..hell is the alternative to being a christian...seems to me they needed more followers..so they came up with the idea of hell to scare ppl into converting...on the other hand..spirit/souls do not die..they are indestructable..after this life is over..and your physical body can not sustain your soul complex anymore..then you will travel to your next incarnation..maybe on earth again..maybe not....ill give you a lil secret...GOD IS YOUR SOUL...any mention of GOD IN THE HOLY SCRIPTURES...was desribing aliens..yes ALIENS!..they would appear in there clouds(ufo's)..and give directions to us

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
iconoclaust,
In a way youy are correct, there is no physical place called Hell.
You are wrong in another way though. You are assuming that since a person is dead and thus no body and no nerves they would not feel pain. Unfortunately that is a wrong assumpton to make. A person can definately feel pain emotionally, psychologically as well as spiritually.
Think about it this way, Someone that you love is ingjured or passes away. Does this actually cause you pain that would need nerves? No, this type of pain is as I mentioned affects you emotionally. Now about, being all alone, no one and nothing in which to interact with. You are totally without senses. This would indeed injure you psychologically.
Now lets look at spiritual pain, As mrwupy, said, Hell is the absence of God. The warmth and the light of his love. That is your spiritual pain / Hell.

The "fires of Hell" actually did not even enter into the Christian beliefs until Dante's Inferno.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
iconoclaust,
You are wrong in another way though. You are assuming that since a person is dead and thus no body and no nerves they would not feel pain. Unfortunately that is a wrong assumpton to make. A person can definately feel pain emotionally, psychologically as well as spiritually.
Think about it this way, Someone that you love is ingjured or passes away. Does this actually cause you pain that would need nerves? No, this type of pain is as I mentioned affects you emotionally. Now about, being all alone, no one and nothing in which to interact with. You are totally without senses. This would indeed injure you psychologically.
Now lets look at spiritual pain, As mrwupy, said, Hell is the absence of God. The warmth and the light of his love. That is your spiritual pain / Hell.

The "fires of Hell" actually did not even enter into the Christian beliefs until Dante's Inferno.

let me stop you right now!

god is our spirit...god will never leave anyyone alone..because without god we would not exsist in spirit or flesh,god is our soul..so god can never leave us unless our soul dies,but that is inpossible..so dont worry ,be happy...hell is not reall AT ALL..dont worry about going to a place that is not real to begin with...spiritual pains is possible..but that pain will be were ever you go...it can only be seen in a physical exsistence..such as humans crying...but in spirit/soul..there are no tears...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
MagicPriest420,
I suggest that you read up on the subject first there before making statements like that
You may be surprised by what you find

I have been reading your posts on various threads and alsothough you have some interesting ideas / beliefs, you have failed to provide reasons to support those beleifs even after being asked for them.
At the moment, I am involved in the Holiday debates. Oncec they are finished, I plan to create a thread in which we can investigate your beliefs and statements. I would also be inviting Saint4God to this thread since he is the one that has asked you to support your statements and you have done your best to deride his. I sincerely hope that you are open to this proposition as I interested in discovering exactly what you are trying to say and just how you have come to the conclusions that you have reached.

As for the subject of this thread, Again I state my belief that there is no physical location of Hell and that yes, you can "feel pain" without the body.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Forget god for a moment if you will...

Our brains are mearly blobs of protein firing off signals from one neuron to the next. There is energy inside. When we die, it has to dissipate, but the question is do we retain what residue has collected during our physical lives. Regardless of what happens at the point of seperation, there is still 17 minutes (I might be off as to the exact figure) of brain activity after all other organs have ceased. Seventeen minutes in the term of the brain could be an eternity. Think about those fantastic dreams that seem to take days, but then you awake seconds after you fell asleep. Time is not constant in the depths of our brains. Those 17 minutes are perhaps the strangest times a brain could experience, as there is no longer critical body processes to maintain, and no longer and sensory messages arriving. All it has is memory...

If you lived a life filled with grief and remorse, thats all you have to recall upon. Welcome to hell. They say that a man will be consumed by his deamons if not dealt with.

They also say that hell is a dream you cannot awaken from.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
... and we are only human. Mistakes made in the interpretation of ancient texts. The words "Shiole" and "Gehennah" which literally translate into "pit" or "grave" have been rewritten to read HELL. I agree, it doesn't exist.

Sorry about the spelling, not my language.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In accordance with physics, no, the energy does not have to dissapate as you as describing. Physics tells us that you can neither create nor destroy energy.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Actually hell can exsist, but it may not be what we think it is. The Hebrew word for hell actually translates to Earth, the Judeo-Christian dogma being very similar to other Eastern Philiosophy from which it came, that if one doesn't attain enlightenment one is doomed to eternity in 'hell'.
I have some more information here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

iconoclaust,

I am not trying to prove anything!...i am telling you what i think and if you think the same way..then we have something in common...saint4god..is the one looking for proof,and is condemming what i say, i havent condemed anyhting he has said...and he is forcing me to repsond back to him,so that i can defend my beliefs...if he has such a great connection to god..then god will tell him if iam right or wrong!..and im sure he will refer to the bible,but god wont give him anymore then that....the only thing i said is that energy is real...his only proof is the bible..and personally the bible should not be considered the truth,..it should be considered a learning tool..

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oncec they are finished, I plan to create a thread in which we can investigate your beliefs and statements. I would also be inviting Saint4God to this thread since he is the one that has asked you to support your statements and you have done your best to deride his.

I totally appreciate the invitation kenshiro and have never declined one before, however, I do not wish to deride Magicpriest for his/her beliefs. Though we disagree, and though I'm sure s/he would dispute it, I love/respect Magicpriest too much for that.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

In accordance with physics, no, the energy does not have to dissapate as you as describing. Physics tells us that you can neither create nor destroy energy.

dissapate was a bad word for it

what i meant is that it has to go somewhere...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I totally appreciate the invitation kenshiro and have never declined one before, however, I do not wish to deride Magicpriest for his/her beliefs. Though we disagree, and though I'm sure s/he would dispute it, I love/respect Magicpriest too much for that.

saint4god loves me too much?
..thats kool i guess...imma man...not a women..so i clearedd that up for you...i wont be involved in this new thread because i am becoming sick of this debate...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
saint4god loves me too much?
..thats kool i guess...imma man...

Well met sir.

not a women..so i clearedd that up for you...

Didn't want to assume.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know this has nothing to do with this thread..but im going to post it anyway....if someone today..was to say that they spoke to god in a burning bush...nobody would believe him..then why should we believe that moses wasnt lying..or that it happened like it did..we are kwik to believe whats in the bible...but why?...and we will not believe something that might of happened more recenlty...it cannot be about proof,because there isnt any proof what happened to moses was real

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I know this has nothing to do with this thread..

Never stopped you before...

but im going to post it anyway....if someone today..was to say that they spoke to god in a burning bush...nobody would believe him..then why should we believe that moses wasnt lying..or that it happened like it did..we are kwik to believe whats in the bible...but why?...and we will not believe something that might of happened more recenlty...it cannot be about proof,because there isnt any proof what happened to moses was real

I have no proof that you are real sir. In fact, the more you speak, the more unreal you seem to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just to let you know. i do beleive in a higher power, but not heaven or hell. heaven and hell are just states of being, good and evil. happy or sad. however you want to put it.

heres why i beleive in a higher power. when i was a little bit younger i went to a church because it was supposedly a good church... and it was. there was a part when everyone stood up and prayed. then the pastor told everyone to check the fillings in their teeth.... mine were just plain metal coloured. but after they turned platinum, and some peoples turned gold, others silver and so forth. i dont beleive it was god that did that. i think it was ET's. concentrated prayer from many people must have been heard by someone.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not sure what to believe, but after a near death experience from a lovely tropical desease I saw something that looked like judgement day.

It made me feel very small and very stupid, the words, go and and make it right where mentioned and Im reminded of this when you guys says theres nothing after death.

If there isn't Ill see you there

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join